• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do PS2 games just die?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rareside

I've been playing MLB2005 for the past 2 weeks, have a badass career going, and today my PS2 decides to stop reading the disc. I noticed that a couple days ago it wouldn't read the disc on the first try, but eventually I always got it to work.

Today, however, I've tried about 10 times to boot this piece of shit to no avail. Other games work fine. The game is clean as hell, it hasn't left my PS2 drawer since I bought it, but what the f....?

Gattsu25

Banned
after moving, my PS2 started actually making small, almost impossible to see, perfect circle (whoo!) shaped scratches. appearently, having a PS2 and XBox in the same box wasn't a good idea as during the move, the xbox and ps2 bumped against eachother knocking my ps2 laser out of place...close enough to *just* scratch my discs.

anyway...games would work...then slowly (in like a week) become unplayable...by the tie i figured it out i had already lost .Hack 1 (meh) and Dark Cloud 2 (NOOOOO!) ... got it repaired though (suprisingly, my launch PS2 still works fine, even as my main DVD player :b)

i doubt this happened to you, though....your PS2 is probably dying on you...buy a gameboy

rareside

Hmmmm, thanks for the responses.. the game finally started working today, played it for about an hour, haven't tried it again, but as I said, other games seem to work fine.

Hopefully it's just sick and will get better with time. I figured what could be better than a 989 Sports game to cure an ailing PS2??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom