• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2009 Microsoft Conference Thread

Between Modern Warefare 2 looking awesome, Splinter Cell and Alan Wake finally emerging and stunning, Forza 3 taking a generational leap from the previous entry with cars flipping and fucking bendy-physics tires to boot, surprises with Metal Gear, Left For Dead 2 and Crackdown 2 (!!!), then ODST with its own horde mode and Halo: Reach getting teased... the conference was wall to wall gaming that I can't wait for. Add onto that the fact that we're getting another awesome Live & Dashboard update (wonderful even if I'm not gonna use half of the added functionality) and then that insane camera... it was an awesome conference. Even if you're suspiciously & magically immune to them, there's no denying MS put on a good show focused on what matters: games.

amtentori said:
-can multiple people simultaneously play a game without being directly in front of the camera? Could be an issue with multiplayer games, which is why we is so succesful with casuals.
Supposedly it can do facial recognition, so it can tell not only how many people are infront of it, but recognize who's in front of it. Which basically sounds insane. I think it's undeniably cool tech, but it's got to have some killer apps. I bet we won't really see this through till the next xbox.

Choc

Banned
hey guys

where the heck can i download the E3 2009 video for MS conf? I want to watch it on my touch on the way to work but i can't find anywhere!!! the usual suspects do not have it this year (IGN, GSpot) from what i can tell....

that said where will i be able to get Sony and Nintendos?

ZeoVGM

Banned
My local morning news (the biggest news station out of Boston or anywhere in the area) just reported on Natal and The Beatles: Rock Band, showing the E3 conference.

mujun

gantz85 said:
Oh the irony.. someone who wanted backpedalling backpedalled.

you assumed i wanted backpedalling, your mistake.

i wanted you and jojo to clarify your parameters for judging a press conference to see if you applied the same standard to the sony one, nothing more nothing less.

everytime ive butted heads with you youve either totally ignored what i said making it look like you couldnt support your arguments or youve used smilies, insults and the like.

why do you have to turn everything into a point scoring contest. again i ask are you capable of having a normal conversation?

Sadist

Pleasently surprised by MS, but the only thing that annoyed me were the awfull speakers from MS. They really need some training. Especialy Don "Clap" Mattrick.

5o9fro.gif

As for the rest, can't wait for Alan Wake. Wished they showed more of that cool aracde game from Epic.

I'm still conflicted about this conference. The first half was solid, even if it did feel like I was watching the same game demoed over and over in different environments (LOOK, THE GUN IS SHOOTING BULLETS), but it was a solid line-up and obviously the "we got an MGS!!" coup (which only the most rabid of lunatics wouldnt have seen coming, no MGS4 though :D )

Was surprised to not see Lost Planet 2 there (Inafune not coming due to Swine Flu maybe knocked it off) but I'll instead take the positive spin that its definitely coming day and date for PS3 so I won't be compelled to get a Live sub to play it, fingers crossed.

XBLA line-up looked good, but underwhelming compared to last years.

But I found the second half to be just a nightmare of everything I hate. I already hate the NXE set up of things being sectioned into individual title-cards you have to scroll through, so to then see Facebook in it's worst incarnation yet almost made me dry wretch.

The Natal stuff is smoke and mirrors in the truest sense. It's achieved what it set out to do, get everyone talking about the future of Xbox and the usual gullable "games journalists" have hopped on board, seemingly ignoring what a complete fabrication the unveiling 'footage trailer' was, followed by the underwhelming reality of whats actually working right now. For the people that once ranted about the Wii tiring arms, before learning you can still rest it on your lap and make subtle gestures, this is the true horror. Hold your arms up to hold your invisible steering wheel. Start driving. 10 minutes later, tell me how much you are enjoying yourself.

Its a gimmick coming into a systems life towards its end (it'll be another E3 before you see this thing close to release) and things like "oh wow I can swish through menus by waving my arm!!" will lose their appeal literally minutes into using it. Dreading a Sony waggle unveil later today, but basically all the gimmick shit drained all the good will the games showings had generated for me.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Sadist said:
Pleasently surprised by MS, but the only thing that annoyed me were the awfull speakers from MS. They really need some training. Especialy Don "Clap" Mattrick.

5o9fro.gif

As for the rest, can't wait for Alan Wake. Wished they showed more of that cool aracde game from Epic.

*clap**clap**clap*YEAH*clap*

rofl that was real entertainment ...real fuckin' entertainment.

most of the stuff they showed aren't my cup of tea. but i'll tell ya what. I had no interest in conviction. I always hated splinter cell. But that shit looks fuckin' hotdogs and burgers. Probably because it's more about killin' now....and i like killin'. I need help.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Sadist said:

http://i39.tinypic.com/5o9fro.gif[img]

As for the rest, can't wait for Alan Wake. Wished they showed more of that cool aracde game from Epic.[/QUOTE]

Hai Guyz, MGS is coming *clap**clap**clap**clap*Give it up for Hideo Kojima *clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap* Now we're going to talk about Natal *clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap*Attack the giant enemy crab for massive damage *clap* *clap**clap**clap* *clap**clap**clap**clap* *clap* *clap**clap**clap**clap**clap* Here goes Peter Molyneux *clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap* Thank you for watching our show*clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap**clap*

Iknos

SecretBonusPoint said:
even if it did feel like I was watching the same game demoed over and over in different environments (LOOK, THE GUN IS SHOOTING BULLETS),

Yeah...don't expect anyone else to take the rest of your post seriously.

El-Suave

Pity that neither Mattrick nor Schappert introduced us to Rockstar's "Ballad of Gay Tony" - I suspected they'd avoid somehow speaking out the expansion name on stage, but I'm surprised they didn't mention it at all.

TwiztidElf

Very, very LTTP.

Stream of thought recap.
--------------------------------

- Beatles Rockband. Looks good. Hearing these classics makes me think i might buy it.
- Holy shit! Ringo and fake Paul! Way to go MS! Classy.

- Tony Hawk Ride. I don't understand? Why not buy a real skateboard?
I can't ride Ferraris on the Nurburgring, but I can go skateboarding.....
This thing might be ok for a snowboarding game though. I live nowhere near any snow.
- Modern Warfare 2 - meh

- FF13 looks awesome. Definite buy.
- Shadow Complex. Was thinking meh, it might be ok, i'll wait and see, but then they said it's XBLA. Ok, that's a maybe.

- Joyride. No idea what to make of this. Oh it's free? I like the entry price.
- Crackdown2. Looks ok.
- Left 4 Dead 2. Whoa. This looks way better than the first one.
- Splinter Cell Conviction. Looks really good. Probably the biggest surprise for me of the conference. Maybe

- FORZA 3 - FUCK YEAH! 60fps. October. They didn't say how many tracks though. Forza3 - 1, GT5 - 0. I tick off one of my boxes.

- Halo 3 ODST. Meh. It's just not the same without Master Cheif, the piano and the monk chanting.
- Halo Reach. Meh. Not enough to comment on.
- Alan Wake. Looks disappointing. Boring 3rd person Action Adventure.

- Right now I'm starting to wonder, hmmm, where is DEAD RISING 2.

- Some radio station. Is this Last FM any good? Do we even get it in Aussie?
- Netflix. Meh. Even if we got it here I doubt I'd care.
- Yay for yurop. Prem-yer league football? WTF? I prefer Prem-ee-er league thanks.

- Zune Video this fall. Even though I don't care, the technology is pretty impressive.
How do they do it? 1080p instant on demand. Impressive.

- Stalkbook and Twitter on xbl. Meh. I don't even know what Twitter is.
Some nervous as hell hottie talking about social networking. Yawn.
This is crap. Where is Dead Rising 2?

I was just starting to think, wow, now Dan Mattrick this year - cool, then bam! There he is.

Dan is saying something is missing.
Hellz yeah there is - where is Dead Rising 2 ffs.
MGS Rising?...meh.

Same as last year, no big 3rd party games montage. No XBLA montage.
That's weird how they had not much about XBLA at all.....? Hmmmmm.

Thus ends the Microsoft conference.

Oh wait! There was some after conference nonsense. I'm not going to even bother editing my notes.

oh god - fuck - it's horrible - make it stop! now!
long hair shitty kid
oh ffs
die bitches
die! die!
death! kill! smash! destroy!
fuck off controller free - how gonna play SF4 with that?
go make more shit films Speilberg - I don't want shit games.

My mind is wandering about how shit this is then,
"paradigm and social something or another" pricks my ears up

some guy is wearing sunnies inside - he must be cool then
Think of the Simpsons episode where Homer is motion capture as a dog taking a piss.
oh god - what's this woman doing?
fucking awful breakout thing
isn't there somthing like this on ps2 and the wii?
just like the wii - the avatar is not moving in real time....delay and lag FOR THE LOSS
fuck you abbey
terrible painting thing - DO NOT WANT
what the fuck? elephant thing
fuck you moleneux fuck you - go buy a wii if you want this shit
wot a load of old toss
ffs ffs ffs
what is the point of this shit? it's crap. CRAPCRAPCRAP
I won't reach down - i'll give it the finger.
fuck you molenuex - fuck you - go back to making shit games
who's gonna buy this shit?
CRAPCRAPCRAPCRAPCRAP
Can you stab milo to death?

omg rite said:
My local morning news (the biggest news station out of Boston or anywhere in the area) just reported on Natal and The Beatles: Rock Band, showing the E3 conference.
No Facebook/Twitter talk?

that's surprising.

Meier

Yoboman said:
Does Kudo remind anyone else of

billy%20walsh.jpg

?
YES! Here were my Twitter posts yesterday during the conference...

@justincox By the time Project Natal is out, the Wii might only be $200. This thing is DOA. It's the PS3 (at launch) of peripherals #xboxe3
about 18 hours ago from web in reply to justincox

Milo looks pretty neat if nothing else because of the fact the lady was reflected in the water. #xboxe3
about 18 hours ago from web

A post on GAF suggests Project Natal won't be out until 2010 and will cost about $200. 100% a failure before it's even out. #xboxe3 #neogaf

The technology is pretty cool but nothing about it thus far has given me any reason to buy it. #projectnatal #xboxe3

@WarioSixFour Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Couch 10 feet from the screen and no coffee table in between? Pretty uncommon. #xboxe3
about 18 hours ago from web in reply to WarioSixFour

This douchebag who came out with his sunglasses on reminds me of Billy from Entourage and recently 24. #xboxe3

This is a lot of talking by Spielberg that I can't hear. Gamespot sidebar has a quote that means nothing to me. What's this about? #xboxe3

That code name (Natal) wont last. Did they try and pick a name that was difficult to look at and pronounce on purpose? #xboxe3

@StrikerObi Raiden was BADASS in MGS4 though. Reminds me of Dumb & Dumber when Lloyd gets the bike and "TOTALLY REDEEMS HIMSELF!" #xboxe3
about 18 hours ago from web in reply to StrikerObi

Interesting, no MGS4 on 360 then? My co-worker is going to be disappointed. I've got no audio, is MGS Rising 'exclusive?' #xboxe3

Ooh, something @alissas may like in addition to Beatles Rock Band. Intensive Facebook integration with Xbox Live. #xboxe3

They should have picked something other than Heroes to show off party play. No one cares about or watches it now. #xboxe3

@M3wThr33 I'd be so happy if they finally get last.fm Zune connectivity. I am tempted to switch back to iPod cos I miss scrobbling. #xboxe3
about 18 hours ago from web in reply to M3wThr33

Cool! Some sort of last.fm integration with the 360. Might get me to re-subscribe actually unless Live works as a sub. #xboxe3

Nice touch with the 'Previously On' showing older footage of Alan Wake. I am dying to place this.

@WarioSixFour I haven't even played Halo 3 yet in general. I guess I should before September just in case.
about 19 hours ago from web in reply to WarioSixFour

Halo 3 ODST presentation has been really boring thus far. #xboxe3
about 19 hours ago from web

@StrikerObi Forza 2 was an amazing game, really worth playing. It is a major, major timesink though if you try and get achievements.
about 19 hours ago from web in reply to StrikerObi

Forza 3! I hope the career mode is heavily revamped... I never would have finished it without hired driver help. #xboxe3

I have no sound at work... am I crazy or is there some weird headshot auto-aiming in Splinter Cell Conviction? #xboxe3

Crackdown 2 baby! I had to go help someone with the fax machine and missed what was next... was that Alan Wake?

Cliffy B went to the gym before he came on. #xboxe3

Internet is crawling at work...are there secretly other nerds in my office streaming the MS press conference?

ZeoVGM

Banned
_dementia said:
No Facebook/Twitter talk?

that's surprising.

Beatles + the first real (possible) competition to Wii's motion control > Twitter.

Fafalada said:
But noone Confirmed it was running on the 360, they probably just used PS3 or PC build for the show. :p

Uh, they blatantly said it was running on the 360.

Fafalada said:
But noone Confirmed it was running on the 360, they probably just used PS3 or PC build for the show. :p

They specifically said during the show it was running on 360. I think the exact quoute was "the first time seen running on the Xbox 360".

gkryhewy

WHOAguitarninja said:
They specifically said during the show it was running on 360. I think the exact quoute was "the first time seen running on the Xbox 360".

This is true. These sony guys.... the comparison thread(s) when FFXIII actually releases are going to be a bloodbath.

BTW they also provided a date! Spring 2010, which means a Japanese PS3 release is very likely for Fall/Winter 2009.

ShinAmano

So after checking everything out I have to say that this was an impressive conference.
Beatles Rockband - Not my thing, but love some beetles music (I think this went on too long and they could have skipped the actual beetles who did not want to be there in the first place.)
Tony Hawk - I loved Tony Hawk 2...but have no desire to play this.
Shadow Complex - Looked like a fun XBLA game...looking forward to more.
Splinter Cell - Never got into these, but this looks like a good place to start.
Forza - Looked great...not my style of game.
Call of Duty - Looked good...will play single player for sure.
Final Fantasy - Nice looking...ready for it to come out already ;)
Metal Gear - Seems like it will be about 'sneaking' again which is a plus in my book.
Crackdown - I'll just say BONER.
L4D2 - Enjoyed the first...this looks great.
Alan Wake - Creepy atmosphere...looks interesting...want to see more.
Halo ODST - Demo didn't sell me, but the video on XBL did...looks great.
Halo Reach - Trailer was cool...could it be a Team Fortress style Halo?
Joy Ride - Cant complain...its free and looks like a fun little distraction.
Facebook/Twitter - not my thing, but enjoy to those that it is.
Radio - cool...might have to check it out.
Natal - some of it looked really cool (menus/facial rec/hello-goodbye to xbox/Milo) and i would like to see in action...flailing does not look like fun gameplay to me...but to each their own.

Like I said great, but it felt like it was missing something...like third party montage...where were my:
Lost Planet 2
Dead Rising 2
Assassins Creed 2
Mass Effect 2
King of Fighters XII
Tekken 6
Itagaki
Mistwalker
RARE
...anyhow hope to hear and see more of this as the week goes on.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Sol.. said:
*clap**clap**clap*YEAH*clap*

rofl that was real entertainment ...real fuckin' entertainment.

most of the stuff they showed aren't my cup of tea. but i'll tell ya what. I had no interest in conviction. I always hated splinter cell. But that shit looks fuckin' hotdogs and burgers. Probably because it's more about killin' now....and i like killin'. I need help.

The worst part was the fact that he had to read the auto-cue to know when to clap :lol .

WrikaWrek

Banned
Fafalada said:

Love how some of these dudes don't even bother watching the conference. They just keep throwing shit.

Now the reply will be "That explains why X and Y looked off".

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
ShinAmano said:
So after checking everything out I have to say that this was an impressive conference.
Beatles Rockband - Not my thing, but love some beetles music (I think this went on too long and they could have skipped the actual beetles who did not want to be there in the first place.)
Tony Hawk - I loved Tony Hawk 2...but have no desire to play this.
Shadow Complex - Looked like a fun XBLA game...looking forward to more.
Splinter Cell - Never got into these, but this looks like a good place to start.
Forza - Looked great...not my style of game.
Call of Duty - Looked good...will play single player for sure.
Final Fantasy - Nice looking...ready for it to come out already ;)
Metal Gear - Seems like it will be about 'sneaking' again which is a plus in my book.
Crackdown - I'll just say BONER.
L4D2 - Enjoyed the first...this looks great.
Alan Wake - Creepy atmosphere...looks interesting...want to see more.
Halo ODST - Demo didn't sell me, but the video on XBL did...looks great.
Halo Reach - Trailer was cool...could it be a Team Fortress style Halo?
Joy Ride - Cant complain...its free and looks like a fun little distraction.
Facebook/Twitter - not my thing, but enjoy to those that it is.
Radio - cool...might have to check it out.
Natal - some of it looked really cool (menus/facial rec/hello-goodbye to xbox/Milo) and i would like to see in action...flailing does not look like fun gameplay to me...but to each their own.

Like I said great, but it felt like it was missing something...like third party montage...where were my:
Lost Planet 2
Dead Rising 2
Assassins Creed 2
Mass Effect 2
King of Fighters XII
Tekken 6
Itagaki
Mistwalker
RARE
...anyhow hope to hear and see more of this as the week goes on.

Excellent summary.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
chubigans said:
So let me ask something. Would it be a good thing or a terrible thing if Sony unveiled "the wand", another motion control device? Everyone seems excited over Natal, but I can't tell if that's simply for the Peter M. tech demo or the full motion control.

If Sony can bring this wand device out before Natal then...well, I don't frankly know. :lol

Not sure why this is in this thread, but with or without a wand, Eyepet should be at the show. When they announced it (I think at leipzig last year?) they seemed to suggest a late 09 release.

As for 'the wand' if there was decent stuff shown for it, if it gives Richard Marks a platform again, then yeah, I'd be for it. But I'm not totally sure there will be such a thing.

Nameless

An E3 press conference never gotten me this excited over a console I already own. An onslaught of triple A titles, tech that could reinvent the brand, and they somehow managed to make a device that I use everyday even if I don't play a single game, even more viable as a multimedia superbeast. You have to give MS credit, though, as much as the 360 continues has evolved it's non gaming functionality, it's still offering, for my money, far and away the strongest software line-up.

I came away feeling like I was owed one megaton, or at the very least a montage or 2009 titles to wrap things up. I've become used to MS announcing stuff when it was ready to be shown and a release date attached. To see them fall back into CG trailers and release dates that are well into next year..... that kinda sucked. I went in expecting a bunch of 2009 announcements from their first parties, or perhaps third party exclusives they got their mitts on, and ended up with with Forza 3 (SC and ODST were announced an age ago) Where was Rare or Lionhead to spearhead some first-party efforts?

Why not hype some of the third party games that are going to be grabbing sales or critical acclaim this Q4? GTA4 DLC, Bioshock 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Lost Planet 2, Dead Rising 2, Arkham Asylum, Prototype, Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne 3... the list goes on and on. The time they gave to talk about rescue dogs, or watching a scripted event of a man climbing up an ice wall could have been spent so much better.

I hope that they still have one or two announcements up their sleeve, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

billy.sea

Banned
The whole conference was very well done, the only down side, surprisingly, is Halo. That part was so boring. But the rest are very good. Love the Beatles, skeptical but hopeful for the Natal, excited for Alan Wake, Crackdown 2, Splinter Cell and Left 4 Dead 2, and great job at integrating Live with Facebook/Twitter/improved Netflix/Zune etc. Make me feel like my 360 still has a lot of way to go before it pass on to next generation.

Also surprise at no mention of GTA4 next expansion pak. Guess Gay Tony is too much for the conference.

fatty

After viewing the conference yesterday, here are my thoughts. It might seem like I’m down on Microsoft but it was actually a pretty good conference, with some good games announced. But I think it was more of a conference of sequels, with not too much that I really wasn’t expecting. Kind of like movies during the summertime where you enjoy those ‘popcorn flicks’ where you know what you’re getting but nothing that really made me take notice.

Rock Band Beatles – I’m also not a Beatles fan. And as popular as the group is, I don’t think most of the videogame demographic is either. Here I am, one of the older gamers at 31 and I’m wondering if most of the 13-25 crowd even knows the titles to any of their songs.

Microsoft spent a lot of time with this game in the intro, and some big bucks on getting the talent, too. I think Ringo and Paul might have expected more excitement about their appearance but unfortunately most of the crazy about them aren’t in the audience or the type that even knows about E3. And while we know who these celebrities are and are aware of how ‘big’ they are, we don’t really care as much.

Tony Hawk Ride – I was also one of that saw Natal and thought about the usefulness (or lack thereof) of this peripheral. I was trying to see how the board was actually implemented during the trick sequences but all I saw was when they showed a shot of someone swiveling the board. I don’t see this doing well esp. with the price point.

Splinter Cell – A lot of people were real big on this, maybe I’m just burnt out on the series (again with the sequel-itis) but since they are trying something new with the series it could be great.

Left 4 Dead 2 – Looks nice, but haven't even played the first game yet, so no rush for me on this one.

Crackdown 2 -- Looks nice, but haven't even played the first game yet, so no rush for me on this one.

Alan Wake – Reminds me of the Alone in the Dark game in appearance. Haven’t really been in to these type of games but I’ll keep an eye on it.

Final Fantasty 13 – One of the games I’ve been really wanting to play. Just release the thing already.

Metal Gear Solid – Yeah, I’ve got to hand it to Microsoft on getting these top franchises to their platform but I believe MGS4 will still be exclusive to PS3. After almost finishing up MGS2, I’m not really looking forward to playing as Raiden. Even though Kojima has given him a celebrity makeover, it’s like they are trying too hard. But that’s just me (keep in mind I still haven’t played MGS3 or MGS4).

Joy Ride – Hey, its free.

Modern Warfare 2 – One of the few FPS games that I’ve enjoyed (even though I am still making it through the campaign). Atmosphere looks good.

Halo 3 ODST and Reach – I’ve tried to get into the Halo series and I just can’t so these do nothing for me.

Shadow Complex – Interested in this game because I like Metroid and Castlevania, but did I hear him right, did he call them “B” games?

Multimedia stuff – Last.fm seems cool. I don’t care about the Facebook and Twitter stuff but for those that do it’s nice. 1080P on demand? Very skeptical about the quality of these feeds. I’ll stick with my puny 15 Gig monthly bandwidth cap and physical copies of blu-ray movies.

Project Natal – I’m also skeptical. After hearing all the promises of what the Wii was supposed to be at release, well I’m just going to sit back and see. To me it seems like a glorified Eyetoy and I think you need that tactile feedback. Holding up your hands and moving them in the shape of a steering wheel…seems even worse than using the Mario Kart wheel, and I don’t even like using that. It has potential, but the games that truly take advantage of it are going to be few, just like with the Wii. We’re finally getting to the point where I’m actually excited about WM+ with games like Tiger Woods 10 and Virtua Tennis. I’m still crossing my fingers that these will deliver…but I currently like what I’m getting with these than what I’m seeing with Natal (again, having a physical object in your hand means a lot).

The jab they made about sitting on the couch with waggle. Ehh, it all depends on the game. I don’t see you getting more “exercise” miming a wheel compared to Mario Kart Wii. And the Wii has plenty of games that are geared to becoming more active, like EA Sports Active, Grand Slam Tennis, etc. Again, it all depends on the game and what the developer wants to do so I don’t think that comment is valid.

One thing though, where Natal has awesome potential is in fitness games, but the trick is actually getting one that is fun to play. I don’t care about that ‘breakout’ game or something like the Eyetoy where you are “washing windows”. Let’s get really creative. The Wii is finally starting to hit its stride in this area and Natal can top it. Unfortunately, I don’t think I’m going to see games I’m interested with this thing until 2011. If it does release in 2010 I have a feeling it will be with games that are more gimmicky for a while.

And that Milo thing with Peter Molyneux. When has Peter ever promised something and not delivered what he first envisioned?
…

*crickets*

…

There’s no way that thing wasn’t scripted. It can be neat but we’re a long way off. Visions of Seaman on the Dreamcast keep popping in my head.

Now for Nintendo's conference...

MS basically showed that they aren't running out of exclusives. That's the bottom line. Going into 2009 many thought that they were indeed running out.

So does MS plan to release three big titles close to each other? PD2 has to be in development and Reach and Gears 3 seem to be 2010 titles...

Concept17

It seems like physical interaction (claire in the water) with Natal is pretty much the same as the eyetoy. Like it goes into 'interaction' mode and essentially does the same thing. Maybe its just me though.

Ding

fatty said:
Rock Band Beatles – I’m also not a Beatles fan. And as popular as the group is, I don’t think most of the videogame demographic is either. Here I am, one of the older gamers at 31 and I’m wondering if most of the 13-25 crowd even knows the titles to any of their songs.
In a pointless counter-anecdote, I'll just say that I'm 47, love video games, love Rock Band, and fondly remember listening to the Beatles back when I "discovered" them in 1977 or so. My wife is 50, is much less into video games, but is a drummer and a total Beatles freak.

Left 4 Dead 2 – Looks nice, but haven't even played the first game yet, so no rush for me on this one.

Crackdown 2 -- Looks nice, but haven't even played the first game yet, so no rush for me on this one.
Dude. Why are you punishing yourself? L4D is awesome if you play with friends, and Crackdown is just awesome in general. And cheap.

Osorio

I can see how Natal is better than the Wii or the eyetoy. I'm looking forward to what Spielberg is making as I feel adventure games can make a good comeback with this. It can definitely blend cinema and video games better than anything before. Forget Milo and imagine something like Alan Wake instead with that technology.

ArjanN

fatty said:

Why are you complaining about sequelitis if you haven't even played the first, awesome, games?

If you had played them you would have been more excited.

(Get L4D on PC if you can though)

Ramirez said:
Kinda disappointed that Rare was a complete no show. :(

You gotta think Rare has Natal dev kits ahead of everyone else (except Molyneux I guess). Sure they're working on something. A device like that is nothing without a killer app, even if it does work as they say it does.

Top Bottom