• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2009 Nintendo Conference Thread

Sir Hamish said:
A new Metroid and Super Mario Galaxy are cool surprises but they don't in any way compensate for Nintendo's poor showing. Mario Galaxy doesn't seem to do anything new and the Metroid title looks good, but feels like a half measure compared to Prime.

Terrible conference.

The games(and how well they sell) are what matters in the end and to the public. E3 conferences are watched by industry people, hardcore players, and related player members lol

I mean, if how well an E3 Conference went was the tell-tale of video gaming, then going by last year's results 360 should be #1 and Wii should have sold HALF of what it did

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Mario Galaxy 2 + Metroid Gaiden = Cool.

Everything else = :(

Verdict - Fuck Nintendo
I've spent two days (at work) reading this thread and nothing out of 95 pages sumed it up better that that.

Neomoto

Can't seem to find a thread about the Miyamoto round-table. What was discussed? Anyone got some kind of overview? I would very much like to know :) I know about the showing of art-work of Zelda Wii and that he answered some questions about Galaxy 2 but that's pretty much it.

Rolf NB

Is there a download version of the whole thing? I'm sure gamespot has it, I just can't find it. All their links point me to the stream but there's no download box.

Josh7289 said:
I just realized... no DSi VC.
I wish we had seen more DSi software as well (outside of thinly veiled tech demos) but it's pretty apparent that Nintendo through it out there for some reason with no real interesting software or compelling reason to buy it yet.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I wish Wii Sports resort would redo the original wii sports games with motion+ controls.

Primarily so I wouldn't have to swap discs to play bowling when friends come over.

StoOgE said:
I wish Wii Sports resort would redo the original wii sports games with motion+ controls.

Primarily so I wouldn't have to swap discs to play bowling when friends come over.

Wii Sports Resort has Golf and Bowling with Motion+ in them.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
EmCeeGramr said:
Wii Sports Resort has Golf and Bowling with Motion+ in them.

Tennis?

Because I don't much care for the other games.

Anyway, that is good info to know. This will be my first wii purchase since Sunshine.

I'm pretty much buying all of the games they announced. I almost imported Glory of Heracles a month ago when it was on sale, good thing I waited =D

Only things I probably won't buy are Picross 3D and Style Saavy.

Metroid Other M looks so kickass!!! (this is me getting excited about a Metroid game when I'm not a fan...) =O

pakkit

Banned
StoOgE said:
Tennis?

Because I don't much care for the other games.

Anyway, that is good info to know. This will be my first wii purchase since Sunshine.
Table Tennis, tennis's more awesome cousin.

-x.Red.x-

why can't nintendo bring this to the usa...

dsi_red.jpg

billy.sea

Banned
I wonder which Cammy is the real one:

A. The ultra enthusiastic happy soccer mom of E308

or

B. The hot headed angry mean looking executive of E309

Eteric Rice

Red Steel 2

The first thing I noticed about swinging the MotionPlus around is that there's a noticeable delay between moving the Wiimote and seeing tht movement replicated onscreen. I'd swing the Wiimote as hard as I could and then, about a half-second after I stopped my arm, the swing would commence onscreen.

As I said in my hands-on with the game, I still felt like button presses had been switched out for specific waggles (as was the case with the first Red Steel). The only real difference was that the game could now distinguish between "weak" slashes and "strong" ones -- and even then, it couldn't distinguish between the two particularly well.

If I hadn't been told before picking up the Wiimote, I literally would not have known that Red Steel 2 utilized the MotionPlus.

This is worrying... I hope they can fix it before launch.

pakkit

Banned
billy.sea said:

or

She was A, she read the boards, and she became B.

billy.sea said:

or

I read that as:

The hot red headed angry mean looking executive of E309.

racerx77

Banned
Did we ever get a release date for Layton 2 in the US?

Really wanted to see what Retro is working on, hope they reveal it soon. Also, isn't Factor 5 working on a Wii game or two? And since I really loved Wave Race on the GC(and 1080 was pretty good), I was hoping that after three years NST would finally have something to show for the Wii.

racerx77 said:
Did we ever get a release date for Layton 2 in the US?

Really wanted to see what Retro is working on, hope they reveal it soon. Also, isn't Factor 5 working on a Wii game or two? And since I really loved Wave Race on the GC(and 1080 was pretty good), I was hoping that after three years NST would finally have something to show for the Wii.

August 24th is listed on the Fact Sheet from the Press Site. Also, Amazon leaked it by mistake not too long ago remember =D

Can't wait!

Neomoto

Neomoto said:
Can't seem to find a thread about the Miyamoto round-table. What was discussed? Anyone got some kind of overview? I would very much like to know :) I know about the showing of art-work of Zelda Wii and that he answered some questions about Galaxy 2 but that's pretty much it.
No one has some info on this? Really? Really?

Slurpy said:
That's sexy. Hopefully the game is reasonably far along and we can get some video sometime this century.

Miyamoto said he actually wanted to show a trailer at E3, but decided better of it.
He also wants to try and release it next year.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Wii Will Rock U said:
Here is what I did before the Nintendo conference:

http://pixelatedgeek.com/2009/06/nintendo-rap/
:lol That was pretty awesome.

pakkit said:
I came here to point out that Denise Kaigler is awesome. Her interview with Game Trailers is great, she should take the stage more often.

Part 1
Part 2
I would love to see Kaigler taking some of Cammie's time on stage. She knows how to answer those questions and she has a great personality. I thought her answer to why the Wii sales were dropping off was handled incredibly well, with an answer that makes sense.

Top Bottom