• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2009 Sony Conference Thread

Banner-1.jpg

sony_side.jpg

Conference links

Conference predictions

Hardware
  • "Wand" announcement
  • PSP GO announcement
  • PS3 Slim anouncement
Trailers

• Gran Turismo PSP and Metal Gear PSP
  • Trico
  • God of War 3
  • GT5
  • Metal Gear Solid Rising
  • The BBC Journalist's mysterious game
Demos

• Heavy Rain
  • MAG
  • Ratchet 5
  • Uncharted 2

Sony Ready “The Wand”

Sony Ready “The Wand”

Rumours are heading our way from E3 this morning that Sony is about to unveil a brand new controller during its E3 Press Conference tonight. The controller, which is apparently wand-shaped and will allow full motion tracking, has been hinted at for some time but tonight might be the first time we see this thing for real.

Up against Microsoft’s 3D body tracking Project Natal, however, such a peripheral might well already look outdated. Let’s hope the team at SCEA have had enough time to digest last night’s shows and adjust as necessary: an emphasis on EyePet, which uses similar tech to Natal, might now be the sensible way forward.

We’ll be covering the show right here on TSA, details to follow soon.
TheSixthAxis

VALIS

If they don't announce a significant price drop, almost everything else they announce is meaningless in terms of the market.

Also, I expect them to be announcing Mass Effect 2 either same date as 360 or a little after.

Sony are the guys in 3rd place and with the most pressure on them. Them leaving today without a significant price drop would be awful.

MirageDwarf said:
Is this confirmed - The BBC Journalist's mysterious game?

He mentioned that he's heard reports that it's finally going to show up at E3. But he said that it's changed "enormously" since he saw it.

Nizz

chubigans said:
I get the feeling Sony will ELECTRIFY THE AUDIENCE!

infamoustrenton.jpg
:lol :lol I'm kinda surprised they're gonna demo Assassin's Creed 2 at Sony's conference. Third party games are rarely featured there, they must be pretty confident in it.

Tieno

Sony will have to fail hard to do worse than the Nintendo snoozefest.

ICO and God of War III + surprise game. AC2 demo is also really nice, I hope they get that right this time.

No Heavy Rain please, boring.

belvedere

Junior Butler
BRING THIS SHIT!

2 HOURS OF EPIC FUCK!

Games.

Don't focus on gimmicks, or PSP and PS2 for too long (if at all). Show us some fucking games and those damn secret projects these assholes won't let us forget about!

Also, please demo GoW III live please.

Colony Warzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Tieno said:
Sony will have to fail hard to do worse than the Nintendo snoozefest.

ICO and God of War III + surprise game

No Heavy Rain please, boring.

The ending of the Nintendo conference seemed to do fine with folks... its weird how that works, most of the conf was pretty blah, but because of the end its considered fine.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
May Kratos Smite everything in existance to get to the top of Mt. Olympus.

ZZZEEEEUUUUUUSSSS!

seat

I have little faith in Gamespot's live feed for the conference. They totally screwed up Nintendo's with awful audio and skipped video.

Does Sony have an official live video feed for their presentation?

andycapps

This should be interesting. Looking forward to seeing how much stuff we don't know about yet is revealed, games wise. Also, more info on PSP Go. And yes, Nintendo conference was overall pretty disappointing. Some good games in there, but boring as heck and a lot of crap in there that wasn't for the E3 audience. Could have just put out a press release and done just as well in getting that info out to the mainstream.

kevm3

Sony seems to have been stepping into a stride lately, so let's see if they can keep the ball rolilng.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This is the one I've really been waiting for. Microsoft had a great show and I fell that this one will be great as well.

thaOwner

seat said:
I have little faith in Gamespot's live feed for the conference. They totally screwed up Nintendo's with awful audio and skipped video.

Does Sony have an official live video feed for their presentation?
Why do you ask questions that make too much sense in regards to Sony ? ugghhh

Top Bottom