• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2009 Sony Conference Thread

George Claw M.D. said:
Interview with Aaron Greenberg's impressions of Sony's conference.

http://www.gamertagradio.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?p=69246

He gives Sony props for showing a lot of games, but emphasizes that Sony did too much talking, instead of just showing games. Fair enough angle, considering the interviewee.

Also, it seems like the FFXIV announcement really was a surprise to Microsoft. You can really tell he was even uncomfortable addressing it. In fact he diverts to talking about FFXIII, instead. Too bad the interviewer didn't ask anything about Agent.
For once I actually agree with him.

Pistolero

A question has been bothering me for the last days : What will Sony present during next E3 ? Many will laugh of the absurdity of this thought, but let's recap : Naughty Dog would have less than a eyar to present something (Not playable for sure...) ; Ueda game will be released by then, and GT also. Studio Liverpool has been busy with Wipeout HD, so I'm not expecting anything either, and we don't know if Cambride has started developing any title. Sure, Agent will be revealed by then (3rd party but still...)...
Hum...I forgot about Twisted Metal... :D

Ashour

Pistolero said:
A question has been bothering me for the last days : What will Sony present during next E3 ? Many will laugh of the absurdity of this thought, but let's recap : Naughty Dog would have less than a eyar to present something (Not playable for sure...) ; Ueda game will be released by then, and GT also. Studio Liverpool has been busy with Wipeout HD, so I'm not expecting anything either, and we don't know if Cambride has started developing any title. Sure, Agent will be revealed by then (3rd party but still...)...

I'm guessing Resistance 3, new project from Guerrilla Games for release in 2011, Starhawk if true, Agent, 2nd game from Media Molecule, 3rd game from thatgamecompany, the secret Relentless Software game, Eat Sleep Play game, the stuff they've been developing for the motion controller, Quantum Theory, Evolution Studios new game, Something from Sony Bend and maybe FW news.

All guesses of course but I see allot of unannounced games from Sony 1st/2nd party next year.

Awntawn

Pistolero said:
New Insomniac game, Jaffe's game, FF Versus XIII, more details on Agent, that's 3 exclusives we already know about. Also definitely a more polished and presented focus on their motion control plans.

And I'd imagine some of the stuff this year will get pushed back.

Guled

Pistolero said:
psp2

Pistolero said:

MGS5, FF7r and Halo 4.

Mrbob

I just watched the whole conference off my PS3, and got a better look at Modnation Racers. Editing your own track is brilliant in execution, and seems easy to use. Can't wait to play it. Too bad it is 2010. :(

thuway

If Sony is smart, they will look at this performance at E3 and try to emulate that next year. They have way too many exclusives from one too many companies to let things drop off the map. Next year's E3 can potentially blow up from all the titles:

1. Mod Nation Racers
2. The Last Gaurdian
3. Final Fantasy Versus XIII
4. Final Fantasy XIV (a better look)
5. Trailer for the Agent
6. New Media Molecule Project
7. Resistance 3
8. Sony Liverpool game / Sony Cambridge game?
9. Final Motion Control design / with Motion Control games / with some sort of knick knack to halfway match Natal.
10. Twisted Metal PS3
11. Starhawk
12. Syphon Filter PS3 using Uncharted 2 engine
13. Something "shocking"

Ashour

thuway said:
If Sony is smart, they will look at this performance at E3 and try to emulate that next year. They have way too many exclusives from one too many companies to let things drop off the map. Next year's E3 can potentially blow up from all the titles:

1. Mod Nation Racers
2. The Last Gaurdian
5. Trailer for the Agent
7. Resistance 3
9. Final Motion Control design / with Motion Control games / with some sort of knick knack to halfway match Natal.
10. Twisted Metal PS3
11. Starhawk
13. Something "shocking"

Holy crap at how that would look and play.

yurinka

thuway said:

1. Mod Nation Racers
2. The Last Gaurdian
5. Trailer for the Agent
7. Resistance 3
10. Twisted Metal PS3
11. Starhawk
13. Something "shocking"
In a very old Wipeout Pulse / Wipeout HD related interview, before they were released, a guy from SCEE Liverpool said they were going to work in a retail Wipeout game after WOHD.

In the PSP front would be cool to show (already rumored) sequels of:
Killzone Liberation
GOW Chain of Olympus
Wipeout
Lumines 3
GTA (In San Andreas)

And PSP versions of:
Uncharted
Heavenly Sword
Pixeljunk Eden

thuway

We keep hearing the rumor about the Internally Developed Sony RPG. I just hope they show it off sooner rather than later. That will put alot of qualms to bed.

Quasar

thuway said:

Given the supposed spring release wouldn't that be happening at GDC?

jiggle

Maybe next year the whole NCsoft thing will come to fruition.

Maybe soemthing on MGS5

but i think heavenly sword is dead :<

PSP GoTo is a sure bet

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Its a sad state of a afairs that I have to find out about Fat Princess PSP on a damn podcast! I thought sony made a mistake on that montage..

gofreak said:
Maybe this is a bit late for 'e3 news', and I'm not even sure if it is news (?), but it was new to me.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=23614

Basically Tose (people who made Starfy..they mostly do ports and things for other pubs) are working on a PS3 project now in light of an 'improving' Japanese publishing landscape on PS3.

Looks like they are doing this for a US company... hmm

alba

Little is the new Big
Am I the only one here sad that we didn't get an E3 firmware update for the PS3? Something with cool new features (clock fix!!) and so on?

I really thought they'd give us one.

EDIT: I really hope Sony Bend gets to make Syphon Filter on PS3!

cakefoo

alba said:
Am I the only one here sad that we didn't get an E3 firmware update for the PS3? Something with cool new features (clock fix!!) and so on?

Nah, that would have overshadowed every other announcement combined :D

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
jiggle said:
Maybe next year the whole NCsoft thing will come to fruition.

Maybe soemthing on MGS5

but i think heavenly sword is dead :<

PSP GoTo is a sure bet

rofl i forgot about that

man whatever happened to that ncsoft deal.

klee123

gofreak said:
Maybe this is a bit late for 'e3 news', and I'm not even sure if it is news (?), but it was new to me.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=23614

Basically Tose (people who made Starfy..they mostly do ports and things for other pubs) are working on a PS3 project now in light of an 'improving' Japanese publishing landscape on PS3.

I'm gonna guess................... Star Ocean 4, since their expertise is mainly porting and they also handled the remakes of Star Ocean 1 and 2 on PSP.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
klee123 said:
I'm gonna guess................... Star Ocean 4, since their expertise is mainly porting and they also handled the remakes of Star Ocean 1 and 2 on PSP.

Probably right, considering tri-ace has moved on to End of Eternity.

thuway

klee123 said:
Maybe they can become an official 1st party responsible for ports and use that Cell processor to fix up that shitty engine.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
kazuma_pt said:
nice. glad to know star ocean 4 is coming out for ps3 finally.

It's not confirmed, only speculation... but it would fit with the game never being called "exclusive" and whatnot. Or maybe Square shoved The Last Remnant PS3 on over to them :lol

Top Bottom