• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable still 100 hours, Xbox left on for four days straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
efralope said:
plz don't until the Blazing Sword vs. EGM thing gets solved, the outcome will be hilarious if true even though it sounds made up or taken out of context. I read tons of EGM, don't exactly remember anything like that, but they did label SSBM a "rehash" and not a killer app compared to Oddworld, so they say some weird things sometimes...

Agreed, please leave this open jinx, I just have to see Blazing's response.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
RevenantKioku said:
likeme.jpg
Simple, yet effective.

edit: lol at lock delay for ownage.

MarkMacD said:
Tell you what, just name what was on the cover or any feature specific to that mag, and I'll find it for you. I have quite a collection myself.

Or don't, since you are completely full of shit.

Jeez, buddy, chill out. I don't mean to make it seem like your mag is trash because it isn't, but it has become too PS2 centered. I was reading EGM since the NES days. My first issue had the original Phantasy Star in a review for Master system. For a long time EGM was my fave mag, and nothing could touch it, but things are going downhill. I used to HATE Game Informer, but now I look forward to it more than EGM. And that says something.

P.S.
I always have and will hate GAMEPRO.

DarienA

Blazing Sword said:
Jeez, buddy, chill out. I don't mean to make it seem like your mag is trash, but it has become too PS2 centered. I was reading EGM since the NES days. My first issue had the original Phantasy Star in a review for Master system. For a long time EGM was my fave mag, and nothing could touch it, but things are going downhill. I used to HATE Game Informer, but now I look forward to it more than EGM. And that says something.

P.S.
I always have and will hate GAMEPRO.

More statements without factual evidence...... let's just stick to the point at hand... Blazin go find that issue!

EDIT:

chespace said:
take your GA username, and subtract 1.3 points.

Wow when these reviews actually come out... and then when the game is released... this place is going to explode again. With either screams of bias... or screams of they were right....

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Come on Blazing, the whole peanut gallery is waiting...

Bust out those issues mang!

:p

In minor defense of Blazing, I do remember them having a cover of the new PS2 online network when it went live in August of 2002 (perhaps it was the Spet 02 issue). They have yet to have a cover of anything solely pertaining to Xbox Live.

zork007

Blazing Sword said:
For a long time EGM was my fave mag, and nothing could touch it, but things are going downhill. I used to HATE Game Informer, but now I look forward to it more than EGM. And that says something.

Your are correct, GI has improved while EGM has gone all flash sparkle with very little depth.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
What about GAMEPRO, guys? Isn't that one cool? Because...because the writers pretend to be cartoon characters! Man, that's wacky. What a crazy cast of characters over there.

I am not entirely sure this is the same issue I was talking about, but regardless:

Issue 155
Cover:
SOCOM

7 page glowing article on how awesome SOCOM and PS2 online will be. Previews several upcoming PS2 enabled games.

Then they have what they refer to as 'The other guys' online plans' which is:

A couple snippets about XBOX LIVE and Gamecube online to compare.

For XBOX LIVE they say:

You have to pay a monthly fee (Thats funny, I just bought a starter kit)
They did'nt believe that LIVE would launch in november
They question the use of a Broadband only network

For Gamecube they say:
They are waiting for a few big games to kick off the network. (would'nt games like Metroid and Mario Kart be big?)

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I think Mark and the rest of the EGM SONY-CRONIES (you like that? it rhymes!) should go through all their covers since, oh, 1994 and tally up the number of SONY-pimps against the Nintendo and Xbox covers. I'm sure we can all foresee exactly how it's gonna play out - with SONY as number one by far! How else do you think these "journalists" afford those Lotus Elises, STD-free prostitutes and barrels of cocaine?

*Tim prepares to archive this thread for future hilarity*

DarienA

Blazing Sword said:
I am not entirely sure this is the same issue I was talking about, but regardless:

Issue 155
Cover:
SOCOM

7 page glowing article on how awesome SOCOM and PS2 online will be. Previews several upcoming PS2 enabled games.

A couple snippets about XBOX LIVE and Gamecube online to compare.

For XBOX LIVE they say:

For Gamecube they say:
They are waiting for a few big games to kick off the network. (would'nt games like Metroid and Mario Kart be big?)

EGM has shown more pro-Sony swing than this... the above isn't really much of anything... when did that issue come out and what where the launch dates of online gaming for Sony and for MS?

DarienA said:
EGM has shown more pro-Sony swing than this... the above isn't really much of anything... when did that issue come out and what where the launch dates of online gaming for Sony and for MS?

June. PS2 online started in August I think.

Anyway, the simple truth is they paid all this glory to PS2 online and virtually nothing to XBOX LIVE since. Why? Because they have more PS2 readers. Which I understand from a business standpoint, but please do not insult our intelligence by saying that is not the case.

MarkMacD

Blazing Sword said:
Issue 155
Cover:
SOCOM
For XBOX LIVE they say:

That -is- funny, since at the time (april 2002 when that issue was published) the plan at MS was for a monthly fee.

I don't see where you are getting not believing that Xbox Live would launch in Nov from, but I don't see why it'd be important anyway.

Speaking of red herrings, as for questioning a broadband only network (which would honestly be perfectly valid anyway), I assume you're refering to us asking Charles Bellfield "MS' strategy depends on gamers having broadband. Bad move?". To which he says yes, Sega believes dail-up is the future. You might notice that is an interview, but I guess we did ask a question ergo questioning, right?!

Also, you somehow forgot to mention the part where we talk about how much better the XBox Live mic is than the PS2's SOCOM one, how all the games will use it, how you'll only need one name and password for Xbox Live, and a quote on how easy it will be to join a game ("as simple as a few button presses").

And still nothing about the PS2 online being better than Xbox Live.

Blazing Sword you are full of shit, plain and simple. Just admit it, you'll feel better.

tenchir

I thought there was an issue where they had a Sony Online Vs XBOX Live article. I remember I read something like that, it had columns/rows and which is better.

tenchir

PhatSaqs said:
Dont worry. I dont think Sony does either :p

The thing I remember about the comparisons is that they talked about pros and cons on points like:

Sony's open network policy vs MS closed network policy

Price for either services

Price for kit/NA

3rd Party Support

MarkMacD said:
That -is- funny, since at the time (april 2002 when that issue was published) the plan at MS was for a monthly fee. Thats funny, because I remember talking about the annual subscription with people on forums months before then.

I don't see where you are getting not believing that Xbox Live would launch in Nov from, but I don't see why it'd be important anyway. Your right, I should have said games. QUOTE: "We figure the network goes live in November, when the first online titles (right) start hitting." Sounds like EGM was sarcastically saying there would be no LIVE games ready to me.Speaking of red herrings, as for questioning a broadband only network (which would honestly be perfectly valid anyway), I assume you're refering to us asking Charles Bellfield "MS' strategy depends on gamers having broadband. Bad move?". To which he says yes, Sega believes dail-up is the future. You might notice that is an interview, but I guess we did ask a question ergo questioning, right?! One has to wonder whether if PS2 online was broadband only, would it be considered a 'bad move' on EGMs part.Also, you somehow forgot to mention the part where we talk about how much better the XBox Live mic is than the PS2's SOCOM one, how all the games will use it, how you'll only need one name and password for Xbox Live, and a quote on how easy it will be to join a game ("as simple as a few button presses"). Yet there was TWO PAGES devoted to SOCOMS headset, and the LIVE communicator has hardly mentioned, and never given as much attention since. hmmm..
And still nothing about the PS2 online being better than Xbox Live.

Blazing Sword you are full of shit, plain and simple. Just admit it, you'll feel better. You're full of shit if you try to get us to beleive the mag is balanced.

Either way, I know you want to defend your mag and will to your dying breath, so from here on its pointless to keep arguing. The way I see it, we both have valid points.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Blazing Sword said:
Either way, I know you want to defend your mag and will to your dying breath, so from here on its pointless to keep arguing. The way I see it, we both have valid points.

you ever think about the fact that SOCOM got more space devoted to its coverage because it was EGM's COVER STORY? no? ok.

still, pretty weak "proof" of EGM's teh bias bruckner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom