• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

even getting him in the 11th round I'm salty

at least doug martin seems to be doing well :knocks on wood:

i'd honestly be shitting my pants because I picked up big ben in the 15th expecting luck to be playing around ~week 6-8 ish

thankfully someone rage dropped kirk cousins after week 2

i got martin in round 7 too

*fistbump*

Is it safe to drop Rodgers? I’m 5-1, best in the league, but I’ve lost a lot of my cushion with Rodgers and Beckham going down. Playoffs are pretty much assured. I picked up Goff as soon as Rodgers went down to just have an option before waivers opened. I’m probably forced to stream guys, might consider picking up Luck and praying he makes a difference in the playoffs. I just don’t want to drop Rodgers and have him beat me in the championship or something stupid, though it seems unlikely he comes back.

Streaming Tyrod and dropping McCown, so hopefully that doesn't blow up in my face this week.

Now I've got to decide whether Snead or Watkins is worth the start this week.

1-5 and need something to help me win some games. Trying to send Alex Smith to the guy who owns Aaron Rodgers for Freeman or Martin. Not expecting him to but lets see if he bites. There aren't many good options on the waiver right now so that could work in my favor plus Smith is the #3 QB in the league right now so that must be worth something. I'd be rolling with Mariota.

Edwardo

With Rodgers out I need to pick from this great litter of QBs..

Goff
Tyrod
Manning
Bortles
Dalton
Cutler
Beathard
Flacco
Hundley
Trubisky

I really don't want to use a waiver on one of these guys. Especially with Goff having a bye the following week.

The guy I'm facing needs to pick up a QB too :/

It'll prob be first choice Goff, second Taylor. If both are gone, it'll be a nice dart throw.

ROS RB

T. Coleman or A. Kamara

Thanks.

Imo, Kamara unless Freeman gets injured.

bigkrev

Powell worth a waiver 1 pickup? Desperate for an RB2

Mcfadden is also available in my league

Use it on McFadden. Powell, even when healthy, is going to have Matt Forte eat into his workload, and while McFadden will split time with Alfred Morris (and for all we know, Morris will end up the lead back), he is doing it behind the best Oline in football, and has a track record of success

phanphare

Banned
ugh I just looked at my 1-5 league

I've scored the most points out of anyone in the league and I've had the most points scored against me out of anyone in the league. I've had 812 points scored against me, next up is 706 points. a fucking 106 point disparity.

maybe that means I can actually turn it around and go on a winning streak

that shit's frustrating as all hell though

Jarlaxle

I've scored the most points out of anyone in the league and I've had the most points scored against me out of anyone in the league. I've had 812 points scored against me, next up is 706 points. a fucking 106 point disparity.

Welcome to my fantasy year last year. I wound up missing the playoffs the last week when the team who had scored something like 65 the week beforehand went for 130.

I hope you have better luck.

guy started 1-5 in our league last year

he went on a hot streak and won every game and won the whole thing

his team was stacked as fuck though (zeke/bell/gordon)

who knows what the fuck will happen from now to end of season, may as well try and see how you do.

How do I decide between Dak or Wentz this week...

Dak minus Zeke or Wentz against a stout Skins defense. Is Lane Johnson coming back?

I'm playing against the Leveon/Fournette owner. Gonna be a dogfight.

Tom Nook

With Rodgers out I need to pick from this great litter of QBs..

Goff
Tyrod; vs TB. Palmer did well last week.
Manning
Bortles
Dalton
Cutler
Beathard; Niner Fan. Got 17pts in one half of game
Flacco
Hundley
Trubisky

I really don't want to use a waiver on one of these guys. Especially with Goff having a bye the following week.

The guy I'm facing needs to pick up a QB too :/

It'll prob be first choice Goff, second Taylor. If both are gone, it'll be a nice dart throw.

gutshot

How do I decide between Dak or Wentz this week...

Dak minus Zeke or Wentz against a stout Skins defense. Is Lane Johnson coming back?

I'm playing against the Leveon/Fournette owner. Gonna be a dogfight.

Lane will be back, yeah. I would roll with Wentz. But I'm an Eagles fan, so I may be a little biased!

corey davis ruled out this week

hope due to that and the upcoming bye, i'll be able to pick him up before anyone else does

bye andrew luck, while I wanted to believe, I don't want to anymore

Is it safe to drop Rodgers? I’m 5-1, best in the league, but I’ve lost a lot of my cushion with Rodgers and Beckham going down. Playoffs are pretty much assured. I picked up Goff as soon as Rodgers went down to just have an option before waivers opened. I’m probably forced to stream guys, might consider picking up Luck and praying he makes a difference in the playoffs. I just don’t want to drop Rodgers and have him beat me in the championship or something stupid, though it seems unlikely he comes back.

I think he's safe to drop. He needs surgery, it seems highly unlikely he's back before fantasy playoffs are over.

Who has the greatest potential, in order from most to least:

Aaron Jones
Adrian Peterson
Dion Lewis
Orleans Darkwa

I would say AP. Palmer looked amazing again now that he has a RB. That's going to open up the defense. They are now dangerous in the air and on the ground, which helps both.

am I crazy for blowing my waiver priority on darkwa over derrick henry?

Nope. I've held Henry for the entire season and I never feel confident in his production week to week. Murray is the featured back, and the only reason Henry put up pts last night was because of that huge run and TD in garbage time. Otherwise he was mediocre.

RB2 has been such a crapshoot for me since Dalvin's injury in one of my leagues. I scooped Murray instead of McKinnon and he was useless smh

Should I start Darkwa, Dion Lewis, Mike Gillislee or Bilal Powell this week?

I think he's safe to drop. He needs surgery, it seems highly unlikely he's back before fantasy playoffs are over.

I'm trying to pick back Carr up dropping Rodgers. Dropped Carr when he went down for Watson, thinking I'd just need him for the Pack bye.

If I don't get Carr, I don't know who.

going to see what andrew luck's "status" is this week before I just flat out drop him for corey davis (since he's ruled out and on bye next week, i'm hedging that no one will pick him up in my league)

i want to believe but at the same time I want off this ride. I took one look at the qb's available on the waiver wire and it's just awful

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Trying to get Ivory and James Connor as a Fournette/Bell owner is like asking to give up your first born for what they want from me.

Probably doesn't help I kept DeAngelo Williams away from the Bell owner the previous years... That's why he drafted Connor away from me.

I have a question about the ESPN Fantasy Waiver Wire behavior. I Googled it but couldn't find an answer.

Here's the scenario.
I'm at the end of my budget so I'm placing all my remaining money on my top pic for the waivers. I'm then going to pick up some fillers at RB/WR in the next picks for some non-zero dollar value. I'm doing this in case I get outbid on my top pick I'll still have some money left that I'm throwing at these guys.

Here's the problem:
What happens if my top pick goes through and I have $0 left in my budget but I have two waiver pickups with non-zero bids. Does it mean those waiver spots go *poof* automatically or will I bid $0 for those two players?

Tom Nook

Have McCoy, Hyde, Kamara, Coleman, and TY. Okay to drop TY at this point? Figured with Rodgers gone, being hurt, and sharing touches with Jones, it's okay to drop?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Have McCoy, Hyde, Kamara, Coleman, and TY. Okay to drop TY at this point? Figured with Rodgers gone, being hurt, and sharing touches with Jones, it's okay to drop?
I would hold onto him... They gonna run more without Rodgers and the team still likes him. Jones will eat into his workload but it should keep him healthy.

I have a question about the ESPN Fantasy Waiver Wire behavior. I Googled it but couldn't find an answer.

Here's the scenario.
I'm at the end of my budget so I'm placing all my remaining money on my top pic for the waivers. I'm then going to pick up some fillers at RB/WR in the next picks for some non-zero dollar value. I'm doing this in case I get outbid on my top pick I'll still have some money left that I'm throwing at these guys.

Here's the problem:
What happens if my top pick goes through and I have $0 left in my budget but I have two waiver pickups with non-zero bids. Does it mean those waiver spots go *poof* automatically or will I bid $0 for those two players?

In my experience any bid you cannot afford is nullified. In theory you could make a second bid at zero, but I'm not sure if ESPN would support it. But you definitely could, in theory, make a second bid at zero if the drop player is different.

In my experience any bid you cannot afford is nullified. In theory you could make a second bid at zero, but I'm not sure if ESPN would support it. But you definitely could, in theory, make a second bid at zero if the drop player is different.
Thanks for the insight. It just complains if you try to do a waiver claim for the same player twice, regardless of the bids you placed.

Top Bottom