• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

Corey Davis is available in my league. Are you all really anticipating him blowing up in the second half of the season?

Dion Lewis is available too but i've never liked having Patriot RB's on my roster because F the Pats lol their running game is usually a toss up.

Striker

Hope darkwa pans out. I need running back help badly!
I haven't trusted a Giants back in FF since Ahmad Bradshaw. McAdoo will still use a committee and Perkins may return soon. Personally feel he doesn't deserve a spot above Darkwa or Gallman but he was basically handed the job in the offseason.

Corey Davis is available in my league. Are you all really anticipating him blowing up in the second half of the season?

Dion Lewis is available too but i've never liked having Patriot RB's on my roster because F the Pats lol their running game is usually a toss up.

Davis has the talent and enough past history to suggest he can be Terrele Pryor, loading up yards on a hopelessly losing team. The Browns are thirsty for any sort of reliable way to get yards, so opportunity is there. Downside is that Deshone Kizer vs. Kevin Hogan is a thing. It's possible there's nothing there, or there is something, but you have to wait 4 more weeks for it. I'd feel better taking another receiver with a more immediate future because at least you can roll the dice once or twice first.

Dion has upside recently but the risk you're taking is that the Pats will continue with their current gameplan. Their coach is notorious for changing schemes when he thinks they're too predictable, which usually only leaves their goal line option (Gillislee), their 1 yard to go (Brady) and their Hulk (Gronkowski). If Gillislee is too far in the doghouse Dion will get carries, but the only way he gets the relevance he had two years ago is if he becomes their defacto slot receiver, and we haven't seen that happen yet. So I think he's a fair bench stash but then so is Burkhead. At least with other lottery tickets you can paint an opportunity plan that is not "Coach changes offense."

Davis has the talent and enough past history to suggest he can be Terrele Pryor, loading up yards on a hopelessly losing team. The Browns are thirsty for any sort of reliable way to get yards, so opportunity is there. Downside is that Deshone Kizer vs. Kevin Hogan is a thing. It's possible there's nothing there, or there is something, but you have to wait 4 more weeks for it. I'd feel better taking another receiver with a more immediate future because at least you can roll the dice once or twice first.

Dion has upside recently but the risk you're taking is that the Pats will continue with their current gameplan. Their coach is notorious for changing schemes when he thinks they're too predictable, which usually only leaves their goal line option (Gillislee), their 1 yard to go (Brady) and their Hulk (Gronkowski). If Gillislee is too far in the doghouse Dion will get carries, but the only way he gets the relevance he had two years ago is if he becomes their defacto slot receiver, and we haven't seen that happen yet. So I think he's a fair bench stash but then so is Burkhead. At least with other lottery tickets you can paint an opportunity plan that is not "Coach changes offense."

Corey Davis has Mariota though - think you might have him confused with Corey Coleman? Agree completely on Dion though

I feel like every flier I've taken on a player breaking out has not panned out.I can probably safely drop Gallman for someone. Thinking about for CJ prosise, Chris Ivory, or Devonte Booker

Rodgers owner needs a consistent scorer and proposed a trade of Larry Fitzgerald and Abdullah or Chris Thompson in exchange for Gronk. With Amari and Watkins on my bench, I could use a solid player to work with TY Hilton on my team.

What does GAF think?

(2QB Superflex PPR League)

bigkrev

Rodgers owner needs a consistent scorer and proposed a trade of Larry Fitzgerald and Abdullah or Chris Thompson in exchange for Gronk. With Amari and Watkins on my bench, I could use a solid player to work with TY Hilton on my team.

What does GAF think?

What is your current WR core, and how many do you have to start each week? If you in a 2QB Superflex, you aren't ever going to start a WR over a QB unless you have massive bye week issues.

What does GAF think?

Your league's rules might change value a little but Gronk is more valuable than any combination of players he offered.

Somebody dropped Matt Ryan in our league so i had to snag him up. Do i start him this week or stick with Capt Kirk?

I like picking up Matt Ryan as a solid buy low option. Who did you drop for him?

Rankings won't be up until a bit later for this week so you'll have to wait a bit for that.

Ugh, my QB Options suck this week
It's either Winston hurt against a tough BUF Defense

My other options are CJ Beathard I took as a flyer against Dallas or Trevor Simean against rams...

Ugh, my QB Options suck this week
It's either Winston hurt against a tough BUF Defense

My other options are CJ Beathard I took as a flyer against Dallas or Trevor Simean against rams...

Winston has soooo much more upside, would start him so long as he plays. Siemian would be a backup option, simply because he has the weapons to stumble into 10 points. With the Niners you're hoping for 45-50 pass plays, but it's super easy to see a fumble and 2 INTs too.

McBryBry

Rodgers owner has Carr but isn't confident in him. Wants my Mariota or Alex Smith and asked what it would cost. I'm a bad judge of what QBs are worth. The rest of my team is

WR: AJ Green, Tyreek, Desean, Taylor Gabriel, Sterling Shepard, Finn Jr
RB: Bell, Ingram, Mixon, Collins, Smallwood
TE: Graham
Succop and Vikings D.

His team is
QB: Carr
WR: Evans, K Benjamin, Parker, Mike Williams, Doctson
RB: Murray, Gillislee, Blount, McKinnon, Ivory
TE: Kelce
Bryant, KC and NO D's.

Honestly thinking I should hold, and play matchups with the two of them. I'm not sure what would truly improve other than a top player that he wouldn't give up.

Titans Defense vs the Browns, or Seahawks Defense vs the NY Football Giants?

My gut says Titans, but my brain says Seahawks.. and I can't decide. Thoughts? I thought the Titans would do decent last week vs Indy but they shat the bed, but then again.. the Browns hand out points like it's Halloween...

picked up sterling shepard and steelers defense

will see how the practice reports are for luck this week although I already know he isn't going to play. Might wait until next week to drop him for corey davis though but we'll see

Titans Defense vs the Browns, or Seahawks Defense vs the NY Football Giants?

My gut says Titans, but my brain says Seahawks.. and I can't decide. Thoughts? I thought the Titans would do decent last week vs Indy but they shat the bed, but then again.. the Browns had out points like it's Halloween...

it's the browns but the fucking titans defense wise look awful. Kizer was named the starter for the browns this week so you'll most likely get a few pick 6's but even then I wouldn't feel good about it

Kakaroach

I picked him up and honestly I have no idea. Not gonna play him for 2 weeks minimum and then the Titans might ease him back in. I'll keep him for now but have no idea when I'll be able to use him.

Also thinking of making an offer of Wentz plus Kamara for Lamar Miller. Thoughts? Kamara could be really good but Miller is the better option I think.

Yahoo has Zeke as inactive, but others have reported he's playing this week. Which is it?

And for those of you wondering about the Titans defense, don't. They are terrible.

PillarEN

Been shuffling through defenses myself.

Tennessee last week. They didn't do much against the Colts so I don't have extra faith that they would get close to double digits against the Browns. Instead, I picked up Minnesota who are somewhat better and get Cleveland in 2 weeks (friendly matchup this week against the Ravens too).

Soooo is it safe to drop Aaron Rodgers at this point? I could really use the roster spot.
Yes. He’ll be back at best week 16 which is the Fantasy chamionship game week in most leagues. And assuming you’re one of the two people that made it you probably don’t want to rely on a qb just coming off collar bone surgery even if it is Aaron Rodgers.

Just got floated the following offer...
Give:
Jordy Nelson
McKinnon

Get:
Jarvis Landry
Tevin Coleman

and I have no idea what to think about it one way or the other. I'd be trading higher ceilings for safer floors, right?

Darkman M

Give:
Jordy Nelson
McKinnon

Get:
Jarvis Landry
Tevin Coleman

and I have no idea what to think about it one way or the other. I'd be trading higher ceilings for safer floors, right?

That's a no no unless I'm missing something 😂

Badosh

Give:
Jordy Nelson
McKinnon

Get:
Jarvis Landry
Tevin Coleman

Nelson, Mckinnon wins that trade, imo.

Darkman M

The only thing missing is I haven't won a game yet and I'm desperate for a victory by any means necessary. My league has a last place penalty!

Sucks man, but that deal surly wont hlp you unless you are revving Mckinnon and Jordy imo. Jordys production may suffer without Rodgers though, but Mckkinon seems like the guy in Minnesota now.

Sumidor

ROS TE

Brate or Engram.
I like Engram more. He’s basically all they have at this point. Even with Shepard coming back, Engram will get his fair share of passes.

Brate is decent, but there’s so many mouths to feed on that team, that I think he’ll be more up and down than Engram.

week 9 at seattle sucks, i'm trying to figure out if I should pick up a backup now (if there's anyone available on waivers that has a decent week 9 game) or just roll out cousins and just say fuck it

min week 10 also sucks

other than that, pretty much smooth sailing until week where they play denver

week 9 at seattle sucks, i'm trying to figure out if I should pick up a backup now (if there's anyone available on waivers that has a decent week 9 game) or just roll out cousins and just say fuck it

min week 10 also sucks

other than that, pretty much smooth sailing until week where they play denver

Are McCown or Tyrod available? AFC East is a bit of a free for all and makes for interesting matchups

juicyb

I picked up Orleans Darkwa last night for my waiver 1. Decided the zeke shit was gonna go back and forth forever so I passed on DMC and Powell seems hurt still.

Sliding Orleans into my RB2 spot this week. Pretty impressed by his running against Denver D and the week before he produced as well. Hoping for consistency from him.

PPR

Offering my Jameis Winston, Buck Allen, and Will Fuller
Receiving Carson Wentz, Doug Baldwin

The guy has pretty terrible RB's and is 1-5, so I'm hoping he bites.

Top Bottom