• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Any of you guys go hard for Sieg? He's pretty good if you don't have a Willy.

i2yYun3.gif

Pejo

Thank god somebody noticed, I was hugely disappointed that nobody got a rise out of this originally.

I have been completely unsuccessful in getting a single Christine yet. Got a WKN, a few (more) Krylas, but not the unit I wanted. I really want that external imbue. I'm saving up the rest of my pulls for tomorrow hoping for a christmas miracle, lol. If I don't get her before the banner disappears, I think I'll get a 2nd WKN instead of a 6* Christine with my pick tickets, which sucks.

EDarkness

I'm kind of in the same boat. I've been trying to get another Christine, but so far, nothing. I'd like to get someone else with my Select Tickets, but so far it's looking like I'm gonna have to spend them on Christine. Which sucks....

evangd007

free 10+1 - Malphaise - odd but not unwelcome
5* EX - Beatrix #4 - Loyal General is a fine SMTR. Too bad Beatrix is an unfocused mess of a unit. Physical? Hybrid? Chainer? Finisher? Breaker? Who knows.

Reizo Ryuu

This game does a really bad job at telling you what to expect from a boss.
Like the current archmage has damage reduction you can't dispel, mentioned nowhere.
Strong against all elements cept fire; nah it's 200% resistent so pretty much straight up immune to any element, sans fire, so don't bother with imperils.
Hits you with a strong counter attack if you use fire; fails to mention they stop doing this after 30% health.
Oh 30% is also a hard cap on single turn damage, also no mentioned anywhere.
So after 30% it's safe to use fire attacks right? No, after receiving a fire attack the boss will dispel itself and murder the entire party, so make sure you actually kill them. Ofcourse, not mentioned anywhere.
Also, enjoy this even stronger damage reduction after 30% hp if you decide to not use fire at all. Good luck!

I'm sure they realise hiding this much information is just terrible design, and forces players to figure it out through trial and error. Now figuring things out isn't so bad, in fact it can be fun....but not so much when each attempt costs 40-50 stamina and the boss conjures up more unknown bs the lower its health gets.
Obviously just a way to get players to spend restores/lapis.

Even dokkan tells you exactly what to expect from bosses.
What types they'll be throughout the phases, if they have any special abilities, if there are any characters to counter those abilities, if there are any special requirements etc..
FEH let's you completely inspect enemy units before even spending any stamina.

We really shouldn't be dependent on an outside resource, to figure out the best way to tackle a boss.

EDarkness

I gave up fighting bosses in this game a long time ago. It's not worth the time, because of all the BS mechanics. If the boss can't be one shot, then you can bet you're in for a world of hurt because bosses cheat and have insane resistances. I dread going more than two rounds with any boss. Generally, if you can even survive to the second round. I found out the ELT boss in the mog king run will put up some insane damage resistant shield if you don't take her out in the first round, which makes the second round a pain in the ass. If you don't have a dispell, you're screwed and she'll wipe your party the next round. It's just BS.

Not worth the stress or the NRG.

EDarkness

Just found out that Sora is either dual wield character or doublehand character. I find this frustrating for some reason. Seems like so many units these days are doublehand units and I'd like for them to make dual wield interesting again so we get some variety. Either way, gotta figure out what's the best way to go with them. The friend units I've seen so far are all TDH versions.

Anyone get anything good with their 5* 10+1 summon? I'm scared to use mine....

Reizo Ryuu

I got livid shantotto with the ex ticket, and seaside nichol and awakened rain with the 10+1...
Four 7* tanks now, a nichol I'm never gonna use and shantotto...:lollipop_confused:

Pejo

Well, I had just about given up hope getting Christine, made it through all laps of the step-up and only got a few more Krylas and 2 WKNs. EX ticket got me Aileen #5 and 10+1 guaranteed got me a Gladio and Ignis. I kept doing the raid and throwing the regular tickets at the Christmas banner when out of nowhere, bam:

Feels realllllly good to get her when I was pretty convinced I wouldn't. I still haven't cashed in my special UoC tickets yet until we see what Chow/Ang get, but I'm 90% sure it's going to my second Christine. This has got to be one of the best "wins" for me in this game.

EDarkness

Well, I had just about given up hope getting Christine, made it through all laps of the step-up and only got a few more Krylas and 2 WKNs. EX ticket got me Aileen #5 and 10+1 guaranteed got me a Gladio and Ignis. I kept doing the raid and throwing the regular tickets at the Christmas banner when out of nowhere, bam:

Feels realllllly good to get her when I was pretty convinced I wouldn't. I still haven't cashed in my special UoC tickets yet until we see what Chow/Ang get, but I'm 90% sure it's going to my second Christine. This has got to be one of the best "wins" for me in this game.

Congrats, man! I still haven't had any luck getting any of those units, so I think I'm gonna end up getting Christine with my tickets. :(

Reizo Ryuu

Wait, so the new boss is gonna have a weapon reward that's exclusive to sora? Why would anyone bother with unless you pulled him? And even then, if you can beat the harder bosses, you prolly have better gear for him anyway.

Pejo

Wait, so the new boss is gonna have a weapon reward that's exclusive to sora? Why would anyone bother with unless you pulled him? And even then, if you can beat the harder bosses, you prolly have better gear for him anyway.
Yea I thought that was weird too. Maybe they were originally going to give everyone Sora as a welfare like Lara Croft but then SE/Gumi got $$$ in their eyes.

Pejo

So I forgot all about that Christmas trial battle until about 11:30 last night. Gave it a few tries but I didn't read the part where you have to wait 4 turns after using fire at 29% health and I blew all my good cooldowns/skills and ended up losing with 8 minutes left. Crap.

It's my own fault, but I feel like that Fire/Ice resist accessory is going to be valuable in the future. Maybe it'll be back next year.

Any of you going to clean up some old trials with the 1/2 NRG event? I'd like to but......

My fucking inventory is making me not even want to log in. Ever since a month or so before the mixer was announced I started saving 4* units that I already had TMRs from, so my inventory space required has like doubled in 3 months with all the free junk pulls we've been getting. To make it worse, I'm sitting on 42 gifts in my mailbox that I can't pick up because I have 1 free slot left and they all contain units of some sort (pots/cactuars/turtles/TMR moogles). On top of that, Materials always nag me that they're running out of space until I dump all my extra stacks of beast meat, and every time a new event is finished I get nagged about weapons or materia being out of space. I actually intended to do a clean up of inventory last weekend, but I brought it up, and there's still no good way to sort to see all the stats of your equipment/materia in a single view, so I ended up looking through it for 20 mins and closed the app.

I heard that we've got some improvements on the way, but can they get here already?

From what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong anyone from JP), but we're soon getting:

-Mixer for 100% TMR units to earn currency for collab unit prisms and other goodies
-Separate inventory for pots/cactuars/turtles/TMR moogles from battle units (Does the new inventory also include Prism moogles? They're the biggest eyesore for me personally right now)

These two things alone would help me so much with units. I don't think it's going to help my weapon/materia problem though. Maybe I'll just go one letter at a time and do like all my A-weapons one day, then B the next, etc. Bite off a little at a time.

Pejo

Well, FF7 banner announced. Anyone going to roll on this one? I'm in save mode until Jecht, so these are a fairly easy pass. If Seph/Cloud aren't bonus units, I will probably throw some of the Mog King tickets back at the banner to try to get a Barrett or two. I have like 9 clouds, so I'm looking forward to that sweet STMR. I'm just glad this banner is finally not a limited. Feels like we've been bombarded since Halloween.

I really like KH Cloud's design, but I am neutral on Sora and just blew my resources getting my 7* Christine (who has been awesome already), so I passed on the banner. I have a feeling they'll be back later anyways, and with Riku or Kairi or something.

EDarkness

I'd love to have Vincent and Tifa, but I blew the wad trying to get Sora and Christine (who I didn't get) and I doubt I'll be able to get them. They'll always be in the pool, though. So I'm gonna spend my few tickets that I generally spend on Mog King fights and that'll be it. Which will kinda suck because I'm sure the Select Ticket will be 150,000 and getting there without good units is tough. I wonder how many people are gonna actually pull on this one. Probably not gonna be many friends with bonus units, too.

Pejo

I'd love to have Vincent and Tifa, but I blew the wad trying to get Sora and Christine (who I didn't get) and I doubt I'll be able to get them. They'll always be in the pool, though. So I'm gonna spend my few tickets that I generally spend on Mog King fights and that'll be it. Which will kinda suck because I'm sure the Select Ticket will be 150,000 and getting there without good units is tough. I wonder how many people are gonna actually pull on this one. Probably not gonna be many friends with bonus units, too.
I'd have to assume that most people are out of resources by now. Even mega whales have got to be getting tired of shelling out the wallet. We've gotten a ton of free pulls over the past two months, but they've all been random and not a ton of lapis for more directed pulls. I'm not complaining though, I have more units than I'll ever actually need or even use in this game.

EDarkness

I wonder when the Nier and Valk Profile units are getting enhancements. They've been around a long time with nothing so far. I'd like to get Tifa, though. She's a cool unit.

Pejo

I wonder when the Nier and Valk Profile units are getting enhancements. They've been around a long time with nothing so far. I'd like to get Tifa, though. She's a cool unit.
I've been waiting for 7* Rena for so long. I'm not in a huge rush though because I could only get one of her, so I need the Mixer to be out first. Plus, Zarg kinda came out and ate her lunch, but still I like her kit.

evangd007

I accidentally killed the KH trial boss before doing any of the quests. I forgot that event bosses were supposed to be easy after the GL exclusive tree mage thing that those sadists at Gumi gave us for Christmas.

Last edited:

Pejo

I accidentally killed the KH trial boss before doing any of the quests. I forgot that event bosses were supposed to be easy after the GL exclusive tree mage thing that those sadists at Gumi gave us for Christmas.
Yea Gumi always rewards collabs and punishes holidays. Halloween bosses usually are harder than average too.

EDarkness

Did a quick pull with one of my few tickets and ended up with Tifa! Just one, though. I'm debating whether or not I should pull for a second one. Not sure I'm gonna get that lucky again. She's in the pool forever, though. No real rush.

Pejo

I dunno guys. I don't think I'm gonna make the UoC ticket on this event. I have only been logging in to the game to collect login rewards etc. They need to add that enhancer unit inventory pronto. I don't have any of the bonus units and I don't really want to use anything on this banner.

I think it was a huge mistake to not make Seph/Cloud count for bonus units on the MK currency. If my friend list is anything to go by, almost everyone hard skipped this banner. I've only seen a handful of Tifa/Vincent, and only a single 7* one.

EDarkness

I see lots of folks with at least 5* Vincent. Not many folks with Tifa, though. I've been able to grind out the event without too much trouble. Just picked up the Select Ticket last night. So I should be able to get everything from this event without trouble. I didn't put too many resources into it, though. Vincent and Tifa are cool, but after the last few banners, I just wanted to save as much as I could. I hope the next banner is crappy, too.

They definitely need to put in the inventory changes. My inventory is busting at the seems and trying to manage it now is getting more than a little frustrating. I can't remember when it was added in JP, but we've had it for a long while now and that should mean Global will get it sooner rather than later.

Pejo

I see lots of folks with at least 5* Vincent. Not many folks with Tifa, though. I've been able to grind out the event without too much trouble. Just picked up the Select Ticket last night. So I should be able to get everything from this event without trouble. I didn't put too many resources into it, though. Vincent and Tifa are cool, but after the last few banners, I just wanted to save as much as I could. I hope the next banner is crappy, too.

They definitely need to put in the inventory changes. My inventory is busting at the seems and trying to manage it now is getting more than a little frustrating. I can't remember when it was added in JP, but we've had it for a long while now and that should mean Global will get it sooner rather than later.
At the Fan Fest, they said by the end of January. Knowing Gumi, that will mean 11:59PM Jan 31st.

Next banner news is out, and it's the CG Folka story event. I have Fina and Ayaka and use niether of them, so I'm skipping this banner as well. I probably won't spend resources again until Jecht/Auron or Xenogears.

Shouta

Oof, can't find a Bartz with a safety bit to do Neo Exdeath in JP. I only have a few on my friend's list and like 1 of them has it. >=(

EDarkness

I think I might stop playing JP FFBE. Seems like most of the folks on my Friend's List haven't played in a LONG time. Explains why I rarely see bonus units from them since they aren't playing anymore. Seems like most folks are playing Global mostly, with the exception of Shouta Shouta . I need to lose a game that I'm playing so maybe this is the version to lose. I might try to wean myself from playing over the next few days.

Shouta

Wouldn't be a bad idea if you're focused on playing GL. It seems like GL is doing pretty well overall and there's some new and interesting units all the time.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
So can't decide who to use my fan fiesta tickets on. I am down to Demon Rain and Ang. I guess I could also go for a chow #1. I am pretty set for tanks tho- I have 7* WKN, Mustache, Awk Rain, Gladio and Merc Ramza for tanks. For damage I have 7* Sora, KH Cloud, 2B (x2), A2, and a few other lower tier 7*s....

EDarkness

Wouldn't be a bad idea if you're focused on playing GL. It seems like GL is doing pretty well overall and there's some new and interesting units all the time.

Yeah. So many people aren't playing it anymore. I used to get 4 friend items a day, now it's only 2. Some folks haven't played in weeks or months. I was considering pruning my Friend's List, but then I wouldn't really have anyone on it. Ha, ha!

I like the stuff that JP gives, though. They give a lot of free pulls and Select Tickets. Unlike Global who are extremely stingy with stuff. JP scratches that itch to pull for things when I can't do it in Global. Heh, heh.

Pejo

So can't decide who to use my fan fiesta tickets on. I am down to Demon Rain and Ang. I guess I could also go for a chow #1. I am pretty set for tanks tho- I have 7* WKN, Mustache, Awk Rain, Gladio and Merc Ramza for tanks. For damage I have 7* Sora, KH Cloud, 2B (x2), A2, and a few other lower tier 7*s....
You're rolling the dice since we don't know how Ang/Chow are going to be, but I'd seriously doubt they'd be bad. D. Rain is a neat niche unit but you're stacked on tanks. Ang has a lot of potential, maybe go for him.

evangd007

I don't know what to get with my festa tickets either. Was going to be Christine but I rolled on the banner last day and she popped out. Other than that I only have Malphaise, Summer Lasswell, and Summer Nichol. I got those all off banner; never really went in for rainbow seasonals.

EDarkness

I wanted to get another Christine so that I could get Lilith or Malphasie. Unfortunately, I got nothing, so I have to use mine on Christine. That really bums me out for some reason.

Shouta

I've enhanced Lasswell in JP but I still need to beat the Series boss for his boost. He is crazy buff now though, I'm really glad.

Shouta

Ah. I wasn't sure if they did something to improve the regular Lasswell. He has some missions in the Vortex, right? I wasn't sure what they actually did for him, but I saw them there.

Regular Lasswell got those ages ago, they should be his S1 gear.

Reizo Ryuu

Well lid is finally getting her 7*, but honestly dunno if I'm gonna use her much, I find kryla to be far more versatile. Nichol's 7* almost feels like it's going to be superfluous; the man is beast mode even as he is now. Can't remember if I've ever took him off my main teams since I pulled him.

Top Bottom