• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: ShadowBringers Full trailer is amazing. Also 4.56 patch Today.

royox

With the last Fanfestival we finally got the full cinematic intro of the expansion and MY GOSH it's amazing. That sudden FFIII theme totally got me. Totally worth a watch even if you don't play the game.

Also today the last "story patch" for Stormblood have been added with the ending of the Main Scenario Quest and new Hildibrand quests.

Also remember that on April 16th the FFXV event, where you can get the first 4 people mount of the game (The Regalia), Noctis hair and robes and also FFXV themed weapons, will be released for a limited time.

Edit: as always, sorry for any English mistake, always learning ;)

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I finally managed to finish my Eureka weapon this week. Now I need to start the new Hildibrand quest line. I am looking forward to doing the new MSQ stuff later tonight. The new expansion is looking really good.

I can't wait to race change into a bunny lady paladin!

I haven't played since last year, might be resubbing today to check things out.

Last edited:

royox

I finally managed to finish my Eureka weapon this week. Now I need to start the new Hildibrand quest line. I am looking forward to doing the new MSQ stuff later tonight. The new expansion is looking really good.
I'm still in Pyros leveling up xD. Gz for that relic!

Are there any good guides for getting back into this game? I played for 2 months like 4 years ago and loved it, and have been sitting on a copy of the Shadowbringers expansion, but either havent found a month where I would be able to dedicate time to make it worth it, or simply felt insanely overwhelmed. I didnt even finish the main storyline, so I know there is a TON of content sitting there...

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Are there any good guides for getting back into this game? I played for 2 months like 4 years ago and loved it, and have been sitting on a copy of the Shadowbringers expansion, but either havent found a month where I would be able to dedicate time to make it worth it, or simply felt insanely overwhelmed. I didnt even finish the main storyline, so I know there is a TON of content sitting there...

When you log in up in the left corner it will tell you what your next main story quest is. Start there and work through things. That should guide you through a lot of stuff. After that I would then start looking at the dungeons and raids that haven’t been done yet. The 8 man raids all have an easy mode version you can queue into, and the 24 man raids can casually be done in 45ish minutes.

Last edited:

royox

You don't need a guide. As you have been already told follow the main story quest, you will unkock 90% of the game that way (mounts. Dungeons, bosses)

If you preordered ShadowBringers you will get earrings that will give you a +30% exp boost from lvl 1 to 70

Last edited:
Cool thanks for the info, I think I actually got stuck somehow on the main story quest I am on, so that will be interesting to come back to lol. Gonna take a while to get my combos figured out again thats for sure...

royox

Cool thanks for the info, I think I actually got stuck somehow on the main story quest I am on, so that will be interesting to come back to lol. Gonna take a while to get my combos figured out again thats for sure...

There was a revamp to the combat system on Stormblood, you will find yourself new stuff like the Role Actions and some skills were changed or directly deleted :)

Rodolink

It's paid but includes every expansion released before.
I have the royal version which also has past DLCs, I'll have to pay $40 just for this chapter then?

edit: nevermind, I see the Royal Edition doesnt include any of the extra Episodes Ignis and such. I should've waited until they released a definitive edition with all those.

Edit 2: 🤦🙇

Last edited:

Zephir

I renew my sub just yesterday, after living only with "free weekends"...lots of things changed since the last time i played (way before they released stormblood)

now that i've reached level 50, i'll go around doing stuff...this way i'll try to resist the urge to buy stormblood now that it's half the price on the SE Store and wait for shadowbringer

Xiaoki

I have the royal version which also has past DLCs, I'll have to pay $40 just for this chapter then?

edit: nevermind, I see the Royal Edition doesnt include any of the extra Episodes Ignis and such. I should've waited until they released a definitive edition with all those.
You're thinking of Final Fantasy 15, this is for Final Fantasy 14

royox

tenor.gif

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Probably gonna level Gunbreaker first when expansion comes. I have all the tanks at level cap usually so really want to try this one out. Curious how it'll feel. Generally I prefer WAR with a bit of DRK. Never was a huge fan of PLD. It'll be interesting to see where this new tank fits into things. Or maybe it'll be broken for a patch or two. Who knows!

Fbh

They should get these guys to make the next single player FF.

I've never played this game but all the trailers tend to look more fun an interesting than anything they have made for Single player FF sincle like ....IX

royox

I've never played this game

You should give it a try, the stories and characters are so good you sometimes forget you are playing an MMO.

Curious how it'll feel

YoshiP said you will have to press "the trigger" of the gunblade for some skills like in FFVIII, can't wait to see how the gunbreak works!

Last edited:

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
YoshiP said you will have to press "the trigger" of the gunblade for some skills like in FFVIII, can't wait to see how the gunbreak works!

My guess is that mechanically, it'll mean spending meter when using the trigger. Build up resources, then use them like a WAR using Fell Cleave, Steel Cyclone, and so forth.

royox

My guess is that mechanically, it'll mean spending meter when using the trigger. Build up resources, then use them like a WAR using Fell Cleave, Steel Cyclone, and so forth.

Well he said "our first thought was for the players to press the trigger for every action like the original FFVIII but Controller players would end up with hurt fingers hahahaha so we changed it a bit".

Jesus I just realized I typed Shadowbringers here and not Stormblood. This thread is just full of Final Fantasy faux pas.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Well he said "our first thought was for the players to press the trigger for every action like the original FFVIII but Controller players would end up with hurt fingers hahahaha so we changed it a bit".

Even then, it would be difficult. What were they thinking? Enter a move, then pull a trigger on oGCD? Gunbreaker would need to be a double weaving machine to do that and squeeze in defensive CDs and the like. Just thinking out loud, but it's hard to imagine how pulling the trigger would work in the context of FFXIV. Guess we'll find out.

royox

Are PLD still strong at the moment, or have all of the tanks kind of leveled out?

PLD is the offtank of the expansion. Of course you can do 100% of the content with PLD but has a lot of skills that can help the MT and party at certain moments. It's the "protector of the group" more than a damage sponge.

Top Bottom