• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT9|...You looked better before

Raxus

Answering the ladder first yes and yes. But given the depending the workload I may not get a chance to eat. I am working hard to improve that.

Schedule while working

7-9...10 AM: Off work, drive home 20-30 minutes, Workout if possible 1-2 hours if it is a day in the rotation. Breakfast (Sometimes skipped if exhausted).

10-11 AM: Sleep

4 PM: Wake up, get ready for work

5 PM: Eat dinner

6 PM: Leave for work

7-12...1:30 PM: Working

1-4 AM: Charting/Eating

5-See top: Finishing the shift

As you can see it can be pretty brutal at times and FYI I am a nurse so it isn't like I can take breaks whenever. Things are likely to change in the future since I am working hard to improve things so my time management isn't shit and I have made great strides in the year. I am going to ICU soon which is another beast but I will tackle that when I get to it.

I will admit half the trouble is me just sitting my ass down and chomping down on something. I am ADD and have a bad habit of skipping on eating. I will work on this now I have my own place and I can now pack 'emergency' meals. I also need to cut back eating like shit and eating lots of calories with the help of my 1200 calorie shakes daily.

If I can balance things out and have a reliable work ethic I think I can have a semblance of a daily routine. It just blew up recently with a social life, condo buying, etc. and I wanted to get back on track.

Any meal suggestions for any time of day as well as times to snack and eat during work would be appreciated. Especially love meals on the go. I am training my self to eat faster so tips would be appreciated.

Reposting to help with my diet problem. I need to get a better protein shake too since the weight gainer is a tip off like everyone says.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
They are super good. I think the breading is actually biscuit dough.

Sean is actually doing very well. We follow eachother on facebook and instagram.

First off, that sounds like what they serve you for your first meal in heaven. Lord. Second, thanks for the update on Sean. Appreciate it.

Well I've got an 8 month old, so...

Haha honestly, I'd take being a dad over fitness any day BUT if I can have both (and you should have both), I'll take it.
No contest there. Personally, fatherhood is my purpose in life. Feels like what I was put here to do.

BumRush

Which is why you need to cherish every day while they're young because you'll wake up one day and your daughter will be going to a Homecoming dance like mine did this past weekend.

Oh Jesus, please don't do that to me. Lol.

Congrats by the way. If any guys got out of line she could have DLd them, so no worries.

Cooter

Oh Jesus, please don't do that to me. Lol.

Congrats by the way. If any guys got out of line she could have DLd them, so no worries.
She's a superstar in her weights class. Teacher always uses her as an example. She just benched 95 for 3 the other day. Not bad for a 14yo girl.

Tired of working out at home with my shit equipment so I signed up for a gym membership. Been going for 2 weeks now at lunch, and I just realized something...weird. This is probably really dumb, but I swear my biceps bulge out more on the inside...the sides that face each other if I were to point forward. And then on the outside it is kind of weak and puny? I don't know if I'm making it up, or of there is a special way to grip a weight when I curl to target the outside?

Am I being dumb?

Dany

Banned
Tired of working out at home with my shit equipment so I signed up for a gym membership. Been going for 2 weeks now at lunch, and I just realized something...weird. This is probably really dumb, but I swear my biceps bulge out more on the inside...the sides that face each other if I were to point forward. And then on the outside it is kind of weak and puny? I don't know if I'm making it up, or of there is a special way to grip a weight when I curl to target the outside?

Am I being dumb?

How should biceps look?

mdsfx

Finally back in the train now that my last race is done and holy hell I have some work to do. Squats today with a few warm up sets and 5x5 @ 185 had me straining :0

30 minutes of cycling after that made walking back down the two flights of stairs at the gym a challenge.

Time to start eating (Yes Psycho, it's mini-bulk time).

mdsfx

Lol. I think I gained less than 20 pounds last time (155>172) and not enough of it was muscle. I may have cut for way too long afterwards.

I can't actually fit in the jeans I bought two months ago, and I'm only getting fatter now that I've broken a bone. Oh well, I can fix it over the winter fairly easily I'd have thought.

mdsfx

My taper before the marathon and my resting afterwards already has smoothed out my stomach quite a bit. I got used to eating almost whatever I want during training.

Tuorom

Neo Member

Am I being dumb?

That's just how the biceps is. If you want the outside to be bigger you need to work on the brachialis, which is like in the middle of the humeris and attaches to the forearm near the elbow. You should be able to feel it if you flex and probe around.

And yeah you do hammer curls, ie. neutral grip.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Ugh, my wrists and upper forearm are hurting when I grip stuff (this is mainly if I'm doing pulling exercises). What do? D:

mdsfx

Seems like it's mainly with curls. And I've been switching to hammer curls, which was helping at first, but I'm still getting pain now.
I always get that with curls, mostly when using an ez bar. For me, switching to dumbbells or even a straight bar helps.

Not sure what causes it. Sounds like you are getting it when with dumbbells. Try a straight bar.

Gintamen

You didn't gurt your wrists somehow? Maybe in an upswing of barbell curl? It took me like 3-4 months until I could do a pull up again :'(

Back into the strict diet and workout business after getting super lazy right because of vecation. Almost gained 10kg...

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I always get that with curls, mostly when using an ez bar. For me, switching to dumbbells or even a straight bar helps.

Not sure what causes it. Sounds like you are getting it when with dumbbells. Try a straight bar.

I haven't used a straight bar in a long time. I actually switched to the EZ bar and more recently dumb bells cause straight bars hurt as well.

You didn't gurt your wrists somehow? Maybe in an upswing of barbell curl? It took me like 3-4 months until I could do a pull up again :'(

Ouch! D:

I don't think I'm injured, but I'm not sure. It hurts when I've been using the 25 lb. dumb bells, but I seem to be okay if it's 20 lbs. and under.

Tuorom

Neo Member
Ugh, my wrists and upper forearm are hurting when I grip stuff (this is mainly if I'm doing pulling exercises). What do? D:

If it has been happening for awhile it could be something like tendonitis, or you could have injured a tendon. Maybe go to the doctor if it is worrying you that much.

I also find that if my wrist is sore, it is just referred pain from the forearm muscles up by my elbow. But best idea would be to talk to a doctor or physiotherapist or something.

Cooter

I'm gonna stop weighing myself daily. Been really dialed in lately and the scale has been moving down or at least staying the same. Got down to 185 and then today 188.6?! I've been doing this long enough to know it doesn't mean anything but damn, it was still a downer. 😠

BumRush

I'm gonna stop weighing myself daily. Been really dialed in lately and the scale has been moving down or at least staying the same. Got down to 185 and then today 188.6?! I've been doing this long enough to know it doesn't mean anything but damn, it was still a downer. 😠

At least you know it. And that sweet drop that's coming tomorrow...

I looked earlier... and I know it's water retention from after the event (my face is crazy puffy)... but being 5kg (12lb) heavier was still somewhat of a surprise!

Montresor

In the past week my weight has been fluctuating from 222 lbs down to 217 lbs up to 222lbs again. It’s pretty disheartening. I’m going to try to only weigh myself once a week. Maybe once a Saturday in the morning after waking up.

Probably a very dumb question, but when you lean forward, do your bellies still form a sort of flab? I'm imagining that people with slim bellies and abs don't get this.

lenovox1

Probably a very dumb question, but when you lean forward, do your bellies still form a sort of flab? I'm imagining that people with slim bellies and abs don't get this.

Are you specifically describing Muffin Top over the waistband of your pants? Then, yes, everyone gets that. That's skin. The more fat you have in your belly the more stretched out your skin is.

Muffin top shouldn't be happening in normal pants and there shouldn't be a lot of skin when you bend over. You may be in the wrong waist size or you may need higher rise pants if you think it's excessive.

Oh, so that's what it's called. But a bit above that, when you lean in does your stomach still produce folds? Can you still pinch your stomach?

lenovox1

Oh, so that's what it's called. But a bit above that, when you lean in does your stomach still produce folds? Can you still pinch your stomach?

Like this?

Boxer%2Bred.jpg

Yes, everybody's body does that when they fold in that particular way unless they have close to zero body fat.

ILoveBish

Lol...I legit have no idea how Bush did those 2-3 day fasts. If I do an 18-6 I'm pretty much on death's door by hour 18.

Dunno who this bush guy is, he sounds pleasant tho, but I'm doing 22 to 24 hour fasts still, it's just how eating has become for me. I haven't started longer fasts yet just cause I'm getting back into lifting and want to make sure I have nothing holding me back till I have a good foundation to build off of again.

Raxus

I seem to be tolerating the milk fine but man is it hard to down 1 gallon of milk a day. Let alone keep 3 square meals.

BumRush

Dunno who this bush guy is, he sounds pleasant tho, but I'm doing 22 to 24 hour fasts still, it's just how eating has become for me. I haven't started longer fasts yet just cause I'm getting back into lifting and want to make sure I have nothing holding me back till I have a good foundation to build off of again.

Haha damn autocorrect!

Top Bottom