• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flat Earthers plan incredible trip to Antarctica to reach ‘end of the world’

I don’t get why we continue to give flat earthers attention. They’re just like any other conspiracy theorists - nothing you say will change their beliefs, so let them be nuts like the people who believe in things like Bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster, Area 51, and the faked moon landing.

None of those things conflict with the basis of reality like the flat Earth does. They think gravity is the result of the flat Earth accelerating upwards constantly.

Geki-D

Banned
They'll never actually go. They'll keep saying they're going to go but it'll never be anything but talk.

Last edited:

Alebrije

After several weeks of traveling they reach a giant screen with this :

Neil-deGrasse-Tyson-BoB-Gravity-Micdrop.gif

-Minsc-

Part of me wants the earth to be flat. People talk about how funny it would be when FE'ers find out that the earth is a sphere(ish). I honestly think such a conspiracy being true would be even funnier. Though any potential meltdown by the world at large wouldn't be funny.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Once they get to Antarctica, they'd probably have to sail around the entire continent before they can see that it's a continent and not a wall. That might take too long and they'd probably give up before then.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I don't understand the attachment to this theory. Is it because of the Bible?

Bitch there's YouTube footage of a weather balloon taking a GoPro into space. How can you think that's CGI? Your eyes are excellent at detecting genuine things even if your a dumass.

timeflais

Banned
[LOOK HERE] Crazy Flat-earthers
[DO NOT LOOK HERE] Truth.

Enough bad apples makes the whole batch seem inedible. Do you really think the main perpetrators of the flat-earth movement believe the Earth is flat?

mcz117chief

I still believe these people are just trolling and don't actually believe that Earth is flat. There is no reason to believe something so outlandish.

I still believe these people are just trolling and don't actually believe that Earth is flat. There is no reason to believe something so outlandish.
Most of the "followers" of these groups tend to be people with mental illnesses that are being taken advantage of.

The "leaders" are 100% faking it, and are just exploiting people for money.

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I don't understand the attachment to this theory. Is it because of the Bible?

Yes, it is anti-intellectual Christians pushing this garbage, with a splash of conspiracy theory nuts.

Kenpachii

main-qimg-b9d42aafaaf45c471c53228d758f3fb7.webp

Not that hard to find a ice wall, probably there cult leader will pin point the exact location then say yea there it is. And move out because its to dangerious to get close.

Honestly they will just make new theory's and new idea's the moment they see something they don't like.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
I hope someone spikes their brownies with a heroic dose of edible weed.
Only then can they truly find 'the end of the world'. I live life on the edge daily. Fucking pussies.

NickFire

So did this ever happen?
Your thread bump had me excited for an update. Life goes on, but I really hope a reporter with nothing better to do stays on this story. I bet they make excuses and want to laugh at the absurdity of it.

Actually I want to know where the world ends. Never bungie jumped before and it seems like a cool spot to try it out

Top Bottom