• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Food |OT| GAFeteria

Summer throwback. I need to go camping.

gBWgQgQl.jpg

uZJRCshl.jpg
That does look good. I love all meat that has some burnt bits to it. Some people hate it and scrape it off. I love it.

Oh I was just thinking about creating food topic :)

I got a jar of Heart of Palm (they were giving if you buy x amount of other stuff) and I got no idea what to do with them? Anyone has good recipe ?

'Dem eggs looking good. I see you keep your chalazae in your scramble.
I’m still learning. I was told to not stop stirring when making scrambled eggs, so I tried and everyone liked it

I got a panini maker (grill cheese machine) for Christmas

Papa

Banned
J-Roderton J-Roderton a man after my own heart.

Musky_Cheese Musky_Cheese try pulling the pan off the heat as soon as you tip the eggs in then stir continuously as the residual heat cooks the eggs. They should come out nice and silky provided you used enough butter.

J-Roderton

My favorite hot wings are now mine. I used my deep fryer I got for my wedding last year. Absolutely killed some wings tonight. Just perfectly crispy, juicy, spicy. Crazy.

My favorite hot wings are now mine. I used my deep fryer I got for my wedding last year. Absolutely killed some wings tonight. Just perfectly crispy, juicy, spicy. Crazy.
Nice. I did a cheese potato soup, cheese cake, and a spinach dip.

Live is pretty good here lol

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Mmm wife and I made a feast for the new year.

She made tabouli, tzatziki sauce, and falafel.

I made pita, lamb, and hummus.

I'm so full...

J-Roderton

Y'all ever make your own Nashville Hot fried chicken? Thinking about giving that a go some time this week.

Last edited:
VaYO7YQ.jpg

We bought this cake today at Costco. We’ve walked by these for years.

Today is our wedding anniversary so we bought it knowing we’d eat a slice and give the rest away.

Holy shit it’s sweet. I probably now have diabetes

Random marinade that tastes great:

- On defrosted chicken, pour the marinade on and leave overnight in the fridge and make for dinner the next day
- I did it for about 45 minutes at 375F, but it had already been sitting on my counter for a bit warming up before baking. If you do it right from the fridge.... maybe closer to 60 minutes???
- Uncovered for crispier skin, or a foil top for more of a mushy/saucy texture (like shown)
- I double line the baking pans. Foil at the bottom, parchment paper (NOT wax paper) on top. Makes for easy cleanup and nothing really sticks to parchment paper. Foil is at the bottom in case stuff splatters
- I also fold a rectangular piece of foil as a cover on top of the chicken.

On a bowl, mix the following. Use your judgement as I don't use measuring cups or spoons:

- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Teriyaki sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Bread crumbs
- Clubhouse chicken seasoning flakes

At the end, add a touch of:

- Lemon juice
- Hot sauce
- Honey

Some key things to really skew the chicken how you want it:

- Thicker/pastier the more breadcrumbs and chicken flakes you add
- Thicker/pastier if you cover it, versus leaving it open to crisp up the skin
- The spicier it is the more hot sauce you add, and the less teriyaki/honey you put in
- If you add lemon juice, don't add a lot. Make sure to stir the marinade a lot or else you'll slather it on and get some tangy hotspots of lemon juice that didn't mix thoroughly in
- Made a mistake of eating this saucy chicken with potato salad. Should have eaten it with something dry like rice or bread to soak it up
- You'll see on the chicken some brown globs (which literally looks like diarrhea!) That was some extra sauce at the bottom of the baking sheet I spooned onto the chicken

Wp3k0mX.jpg

Last edited:
For something different, instead of putting ketchup/mustard/BBQ sauce in any sandwich/burger, substitute it with tzatziki sauce. Don't skimp on it though. If you do you'll barely taste it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom