• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Konichiwa, bitches!

oI9G8OO.gif

By shepherding all of the console warrioring, chest-baring, screenshot nit-picking, trailer zaptrudering, laying-dicks-on-the-counter-ing in one thread, the official GT5 and FM3 threads shall be spared contamination.

Bring it to either of the other threads as of 10:45am PST today and you're done until New Year's. Unless you're a junior, in which case you'll be permed.

Toodles!

acm2000

but, this thread has already been won by the pic in the op :lol

as far as im concerned

GT - lighting, replays, crazy showroom detail, amount of cars on track, number of cars
Forza - gameplay, sounds, track detail, number of tracks, physics, damage

with the most important point bolded

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
If you want to do your [game] vs real-life comparisons in the official threads, go ahead. But all of that other GT vs FM nonsense stays right here, friends

StuBurns

Banned
wow, I suggested this as a joke about a week ago. I'm excited to see the bloodshed.

I think they're both awesome looking games, GT has the better car models, FM has the better looking tracks.

So off we go, let the trumpets blow
And hold on, because the driver of the mission is a pro
The ruler's back

- Jay

The King stays the King.

- The Wire

Long live GT.

- Me

Isn't the Gran Turismo 5 shot from a pre-rendered video? Granted, it seems as though it was composed in the engine of the game itself, but it was pre-rendered nonetheless.

I plan on getting both games. I'm sure they will whet my sportscar and supercar apetite.

BeeDog

I just hope some people don't automatically assume this topic allows, or even promotes, blatant trolling.

Aw, who am I kidding

Xater

I jsut wanted to take a look at the OP. From now on I will stay away from this thread. I know it will get ugly. :lol

U K Narayan said:
Isn't the Gran Turismo 5 shot from a pre-rendered video? Granted, it seems as though it was composed in the engine of the game itself, but it was pre-rendered nonetheless.

I plan on getting both games. I'm sure they will whet my sportscar and supercar apetite.

Yes. Confirmed on B3D.

GT5 ferrari vid = pre rendered using the engine
FM3 ferrari vid = replay mode

Angst

I'm a GT fanboy I guess, but F3 is looking really good. I contemplated buying a 360 and F3, but as I can't use my Logitech wheel it stopped on the planning stage.

Hence, GT5 looks 1000x times better than F3.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
This awesome, now the GT5 will be free of this!
Thanks bishoptl!

KHarvey16

I think for the purposes of comparison we should assume pre-rendered, post processed shenanigans from both games unless we have good reason to believe otherwise.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Interesting note: This is the 375,000th thread ever on NeoGaf. Let it rip with comparision pics from hell. :D

Please, think of the children!

No I don't care about Forza. Just because I like the "feel" of GT5 more.

(Also I have a G25 that will only work with PS3, not Xbox 360!)

dejay

Banned
My subjective > your subjective.

MirageDwarf said:
Since this is official comparison thread, can we allow banning free zone in this thread?

Imagine free entertainment!!!

Bannings aren't entertaining?

GQman2121

Banned
They both obviously look good. But I think the lighting in GT is much more refined and makes the overall game look better.

Top Bottom