• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

shinnn

It's Forza Motorsport 3.

More respect with the best racing game franchise in the world. And wtf with FM3 logo?

the OP user is clearly a GT fanboy

:D

Isn't the Gran Turismo 5 shot from a pre-rendered video? Granted, it seems as though it was composed in the engine of the game itself, but it was pre-rendered nonetheless.
I plan on getting both games. I'm sure they will whet my sportscar and supercar apetite.
GT5
gran-turismo-5-20090901105649864.jpg

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I meant of games back and forth. I know that this is an extension of the two HD consoles, but I'm referring to different games entirely.

Ploid 3.0

acm2000 said:
but, this thread has already been won by the pic in the op :lol

as far as im concerned

GT - lighting, replays, crazy showroom detail, amount of cars on track, number of cars
Forza - gameplay, sounds, track detail, number of tracks, physics, damage

with the most important point bolded

About GT's gameplay, who knows the depth of GT5's gameplay? Those cars won't be won instantly, GT could almost only be license tests and time trial and it would take a long time to finish, but adding all of the events, and cars to collect and it makes for a long game. Who knows what else other than NASCAR, and WRC will be in there. They were pretty surprising in the E3 video. GT5's gameplay shouldn't be brushed aside without seeing all of it's features, or if they sat on their thumbs since prologue (which I guess people are suggesting). PD has been too secretive with GT5, we don't know much about it. Will carwash, oil change, aero be in it? There's no sim mode answers (how will they seperate cars, will the car lists for events be stupidly strict, etc.).

Angst

ExtraKr1spy said:
Thats not the final menu/UI of GT5 is it? I loved the GT5P one
It was the menu in the Gamescom build I think. You'll have to ask Kaz if it's the final menu. :D

SpacLock

Both games will be amazing. Getting Forza 3 for sure. Will get GT5 once I pick up a Slim.

chubigans said:
GT5 looks awesome. Behold this pic that proves it's awesomeness.

gt5vsreallife.jpg

From a replay vid in Cologne.

Those headlights look so damn good.

Someone post those FM3 RIMS!

eso76

thread started off with the wrong foot, putting a semi-render in the op :p

i'll contribute with the only pic (an ingame pre race capture from gametrailers footage) i cound find as semi fair comparison

fm3 xanavi nismo

1.jpg

fight !

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Ok, lets get this thread started, forget looks, lets talk about what is probably the most important aspect of both games, the physics, now I've been a long term GT fan and have played GT:p to death, but recently after picking up Forza 2 I was very surprised to find out that the physics in the game (imo) felt a lot more realistic than in GT:p, so this is my main concern tbh.

alba

Little is the new Big
Will get both games but here's my rundown.

I love GT for the experience, the feeling and soul it has and just the way the present cars and emphasis the driving experience itself and the relation between a driver and his cars. They really have this whole cinematic approach that really appeals to me.

I love Forza for the community-driven approach they're taking giving players their own style to be represented well and categorized well. You can be a tuner, painter, driver and really enjoy the game the way you want to play it.

It's really hard to describe all and all properly and everyone has their own personal view on both games but nobody can denies that if you're a racing fan, right now is a really awesome time.

*I'm out*

Dabanton said:
Don't you remember the infamous GTA:IV comparison thread.:lol

This is little bit different though.

GTA IV = same game made by one developer on different platform.

Forza III & GT5 = flagship exclusive game made by different developers on respective platforms.

Forza vs GT rivalry is on whole different level than GTA IV.

ACH1LL3US

Few issues ...

First both games fail with no weather currently or at least light rain...

Second issue I have is with FM3.... I swear in the Ferrari video from yesterday the tires are not totally contacting the pavement, its like they hover a few MM from the ground... that is EPIC fail right there.... maybe its the new tire deformation... so accurate its bordering on the cars hovering like Back to the Future 2 >:

Third is with GT5... who are we kidding that video yesterday was pre-rendered Bull.. it may have had in-game assets but there is NO way the game will look like that when all is said in done. It reminded me when they shows pics of GT3 way before PS2 came out... they aren't fooling me again..

I think I covered both... enough hate to go around boys..

Tarazet

There can be no valid comparison until people have their hands on both games in the wild. From the current evidence, neither game is looking like it will deliver what it promises (big surprise), but Forza looks pretty pathetic in terms of driving dynamics. I'm really disappointed as a fan of the first two games, and I hope that latest gameplay video is a fluke.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Are we going to differentiate between bullshots and actual in game render shots?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
sonarrat said:
There can be no valid comparison until people have their hands on both games in the wild.
Forza 3 demo is coming in a few hours, and GT5:p is a good indicator of how GT5 might turn out to be, physics/graphics wise. So it's not totally baseless.

cyberheater said:
Are we going to differentiate between bullshots and actual in game render shots?
There are no car body shots of FZ3 or GT5 that fit "actual in game shots" that I'm aware of.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Sadaiyappan said:
I think GT5 looks better.

That seems to be the fair argument when it comes to screenshots, the question is though does it look better in actual gameplay motion? In screenshots GT models and lighting look superior.

streamed videos of gameplay of FM3.

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_forza_motorsport_3_press_conference_video_2-12908_en.html

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_forza_motorsport_3_press_conference_video_2b-12913_en.html

and

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_forza_motorsport_3_press_event_1-12904_en.html

This has been the first time that I have been honestly floored by a racing games gameplay since F355 Challenge for DC/Arcade it just look like you are actually driving like real life, the feeling seems to be captured.

We'll have to wait for the grand touring cars of GT 5 to be shown in this kind of gameplay so that we can fairly compare it but IMO FM3 is winning in the gameplay/in game graphics +details department at the moment by a mile.

KHarvey16

sonarrat said:
There can be no valid comparison until people have their hands on both games in the wild. From the current evidence, neither game is looking like it will deliver what it promises (big surprise), but Forza looks pretty pathetic in terms of driving dynamics. I'm really disappointed as a fan of the first two games, and I hope that latest gameplay video is a fluke.

What do you mean by "driving dynamics"?

gamerecks said:
This thread needs a poll, Che, you wanna set that up?

Good idea. But we should wait. Add a poll, to decide which one is "definitive real racing simulation" after both games are released.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Firewire said:
Ok bish needs to add something about kissing ass in the OP. :D

LOL, I love the OP. I hope he keeps adding stuff based on what happens in this thread. And a tally of bans from each of the other two threads.

LiK

screw the outside of the cars, i demand you guys post pics of the cockpit from inside the SAME car from BOTH games.

i'm getting both anyways but i want you guys to argue the details. :D

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
chubigans said:
Forza 3 demo is coming in a few hours, and GT5:p is a good indicator of how GT5 might turn out to be, physics/graphics wise. So it's not totally baseless.

There are no car body shots of FZ3 or GT5 that fit "actual in game shots" that I'm aware of.

I guess it doesn't matter about in game shots. I'm talking about possible photo modes in game and such. Not those bullshots we've seen of late 'cause otherwise all we're discussing in the quality of one companies render farm vs the others...

kevm3

How is Forza winning the gameplay department when we've seen virtually nothing of GT 5's gameplay? Are we judging gameplay off of screenshots and videos?

LiK

kevm3 said:
How is Forza winning the gameplay department when we've seen virtually nothing of GT 5's gameplay? Are we judging gameplay off of screenshots and videos?

of course :p

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
*people calling out che, etc*

Why are you people hellbent on screwing this topic up from the get go? Discuss the two GAMES and stop discussing the "people" that "make" the topics the flamefest you seem to want to get out of them.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
kevm3 said:
Eh? There was a playable build in Cologne with tons of vids last month.

Top Bottom