• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 3 vs Gran Turismo 5 Comparison Thread of John, Chapter 11, Verse 35

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Years of waiting, and we're presented with a title that still feels unfinished. Gran Turismo 5's main frustrations come from the fact that, at times, the game is entertaining and a joy to play. At other times, it had us questioning if Polyphony understand what the current generation of consoles are capable of.

amar212

Thank you all for the greatest GTVSFM thread anywhere on the internet.

One more time we need to highlight the importance of its originality and usability and make a plea to Norante to not to make some vague "sim megathread".

We are only days from next round and we need a new playground.

It will be glorious.

Oh, and and owe you the explanation about the *consistency*, I will do it, I promise.

Reiko

Banned
Forza

ferrari-458-italia-fugfugp.jpg

GT

Artorias

Banned
Years of waiting, and we're presented with a title that still feels unfinished. Gran Turismo 5's main frustrations come from the fact that, at times, the game is entertaining and a joy to play. At other times, it had us questioning if Polyphony understand what the current generation of consoles are capable of.

I don't think anyone disputes that it was rough at launch. Is that the last time you played it?

oneida

The developers seemingly reside within a bubble where no other recent simulation racing games have been released (including, apparently, Gran Turismo 4). Thanks to studios like Codemasters and Turn 10, a revolution may be occurring within the genre, but it has nothing to do with this obsolete franchise.

One more time we need to highlight the importance of its originality and usability and make a plea to Norante to not to make some vague "sim megathread".

It will be glorious.

We are? GT6 inbound.

The developers seemingly reside within a bubble where no other recent simulation racing games have been released (including, apparently, Gran Turismo 4). Thanks to studios like Codemasters and Turn 10, a revolution may be occurring within the genre, but it has nothing to do with this obsolete franchise.

"obsolete franchise."

*sells 15 Million copies*

Was that from the "I can totally drift" guy?

Reiko

Banned
LOLmetacritic.

People will spin reviews to meet their bias.

People will spin sales to meet their bias.

Because Kinect sells more than Move... Is it objectionably better?
Because COD sells more than Halo, Killzone, and Battlefield combined... Is it objectionably better?

Don't waste your time answering this blackhole of silliness.

The shit people said when GT5 came out, *sigh*.

oneida

It requires a significant investment of time before players will begin to enjoy themselves. It has loading times which are pretty bad at best and unacceptable at worst. Oh and for a lot of the game the only thing you'll be racing is your own PB time.

tranciful

Codemasters...? I thought we were talking about sims lol. Game journalists don't know sims and neither do some people in this thread.

oneida

Started in 2008 with Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, the High Definition corner for Gran Turismo ends in a somewhat chaotic way with a Gran Turismo 5 disappointing at almost every level, moreover proving that Polyphony Digital didn't put itself in question.

Snubbers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG2EHiICYgU&hd=1

Apologies for the stupid angle, I had no better place to hold it.

You can see I purposely put it more than once running diagonally into one direction and let it run to show it's going straight, and then the car goes to the opposite side.

It did go in a straight line one time, but I think I wasn't on full gas that time.

Featuring Dibbz cameo

The fact that like me, you can make it spin in either direction is 100% unequivocal proof that it isn't torque steer.. That will be consistently in one direction, and it's rotation would build up quicker then shown.

Scaff went through this on GTPlanet, it's not modelled.. When it rotates in your video (and mine), it's just tracking the surface/minute wheel input letting the rotation slowly building up..

It will be glorious.

Oh, and and owe you the explanation about the *consistency*, I will do it, I promise.

GT6 obviously. But on what?

The fact that like me, you can make it spin in either direction is 100% unequivocal proof that it isn't torque steer.. That will be consistently in one direction, and it's rotation would build up quicker then shown.

Scaff went through this on GTPlanet, it's not modelled.. When it rotates in your video (and mine), it's just tracking the surface/minute wheel input letting the rotation slowly building up..

To be fair, it only turned 1 time to the other side, might have been something else. I'll do more tests tomorrow.

p3tran

Banned
Better photomode, more realistic car lighting = gt5

EVERYTHING ELSE = forza

hopefully gt6 catches up and even proceeds further

shinnn

So do you guys think those 10 million who bought GT5 are playing a sim?

Can't forget the first time when my friend (which only played GT as a "sim") tried Forza for the first time. Going straight in every corner, because he was not acostumed to use the brakes correctly or locking the tires. Using the others cars to make corners. "wtf, i'm losing speed when crashing my car! how ackward is that?"

So do you guys think those 1 million who bought FM4 are playing a sim?

Can't forget the first time when my friend (which only played FM as a "sim") tried GT for the first time. Going straight in every corner, because he was not acostumed to use the brakes correctly or locking the tires. Using the others cars to make corners. "wtf, i'm losing speed when crashing my car! how ackward is that?"

Top Bottom