• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

French software sales (12/10 - 12/16)

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
1. Need For Speed Most Wanted (EA, PS2)
2. Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (Konami, PS2)
3. Nintendogs : Labrador (Nintendo, NDS)
4. Grand Theft Auto : Liberty City Stories (Take 2, PSP)
5. Pokémon Emeraude (Nintendo, GBA)
6. Nintendogs : Teckel (Nintendo, NDS)
7. Harry Potter et la Coupe de feu (EA, PS2)
8. Mario Smash Football (Nintendo, GC)
9. Mario Kart DS (Nintendo, NDS)
10. Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi (Atari, PS2)

Don't think the Mario Kart bundle is counted in this chart. GTA still doiing good and amazing Nintendogs performance, knowing that it is sold out in many places.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Shiggy said:
"Nintendogs : Teckel"

:lol
What's a Teckel?`
I used google and got this

teckel.jpg

Looks like a cool dog.

Fuzzy said:
Now that's the way Nintendo should've advertised Nintendogs. :lol

Normally, I'd agree with ANY change in Nintendo's advertising, but looking at how the dogs are selling, I'm gonna say don't change a thing.

Good dog, though...

Blimblim

The Inside Track
biodegradablebean said:
Nintendogs still that big in Europe (France at least). Wow.
You can't find any nintendogs games anywhere in France, believe me, I've tried. The only way to get one is to buy the DS Bundle. It's just incredible how popular this game is, mostly with young girls.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
All my female friends are rabid PC/Sony fangirls (aside from one who happens to like the Xbox) and have a DS just for Nintendogs. I am not kidding.

Solid

marc^o^ said:
Bein, France! Ca va? See I know some french :D

Anyway, great to see they got good taste when it comes to football.

Btw Drogba approve :)

000108648.jpg

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Monorojo said:
I'm guessing we don't really have a clue how PSP or any other console is selling in France do we?
01net, a serious french web site, reported the DS could sell as much as 700K by the end of the year and PSP 350K. I'm not sure we should take this for granted though, haven't seen these numbers anywhere else.

Really, really good software sales for DS with three out of the top ten.

marc^o^ said:
01net, a serious french web site, reported the DS could sell as much as 700K by the end of the year and PSP 350K. I'm not sure we should take this for granted though, haven't seen these numbers anywhere else.

700k would be really, really good. Add ~900-1000k for the UK and ~500k+ for Germany and we are already at ~2.2 million with the three biggest markets in Europe (the Spanish market isn't that much smaller than the German/French and Italy and the Scandinavian market each also sell atleast half as much as France does).

Jiggy

I'm not sure whether to be nonplussed that Nintendogs does so well there, considering that in France people really love their dogs, or to be surprised that it does so well there, considering that in France people already have real dogs to begin with...

Kseutron

marc^o^ said:

Don't think the Mario Kart bundle is counted in this chart. GTA still doiing good and amazing Nintendogs performance, knowing that it is sold out in many places.

france taste > UK taste

ioi

Banned
marc^o^ said:

Nintendo take 5 of the top 10!!

Awesome performance and as you say this probably doesn't count either Nintendogs or Mario Kart bundles... impressive indeed.

Top Bottom