• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Work Lunches

bitbydeath

What does GAF eat for lunch at work?
I want to start a bit more variety than sandwiches which is what I eat most days?

I mix it up with different fillings (meat/jams/cheese) but often it is still just sandwiches.

What does GAF eat?

Kadayi

Banned
When working mainly fresh soups for the most part. Anything with Chicken in is usually my goto, though I'll occasionally have ham or bacon with something. If I'm brunching with friends though, usually I'll go with a Bacon and Egg Sarnie.

Von Hugh

Couscous. Essentially chicken with durum wheat semolina and some spinach.

Plenty of protein and quality carbs, so it fills you quite nicely and gives plenty of energy.

Hudo

I don't eat at work, I just drink some coffee. I usually at a meal in the evening and that's it.

I work at night and usually am so pressed for time when I leave out the door, I just usually have something out of the vending machine at work.

Unhealthy, I know.

highrider

Banned
Don’t normally eat lunch, maybe once a week but it could be anything. Usually junk because if I’m craving calories during the day it’s usually fat bomb like a burger or something. I do snack a little, mostly legumes.

Papa

Banned
I’m all about that mental clarity and I find a mix of quinoa, spinach and salmon is a potent mix.

Fbh

I cook an extra large portion for dinner and take the leftovers.
Unless it's something that isn't very good the next day or that might have an unpleasant smells (like Fish). In that case I'll buy myself a Sandwich or something (or back when I lived in Europe a Kebab)

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
$8-$12 lunch almost every day at work.

I really need to get my shit together and start preparing meals.

J-Roderton

Bananas, beef jerky, Diet Coke. Mostly ramen or I add leftovers or canned beefaroni or something into my mini crock pot and cook it a few hours each morning.

Biff

I've been eating the same lunch for about a year now. Kinda boring but I don't hit the afternoon wall anymore. And I also don't get sick as much so I guess dem vitaminz really do work. In reality I'm just cheap as fuck and got tired of $12 food court lunches.

Spinach salad base. Cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onion, green pepper, edamame, a truckload of feta cheese, and balsamic dressing.

Papa

Banned
I've been eating the same lunch for about a year now. Kinda boring but I don't hit the afternoon wall anymore. And I also don't get sick as much so I guess dem vitaminz really do work. In reality I'm just cheap as fuck and got tired of $12 food court lunches.

Spinach salad base. Cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red onion, green pepper, edamame, a truckload of feta cheese, and balsamic dressing.

It took me years to figure out what causes the post-lunch blues and how to best manage it while still getting enough energy to get through the day. For me, high GI carbs are absolutely killer. If I eat things like pasta, bread, white rice for lunch, that's me done for the day. Quinoa has been an absolute godsend in this regard because it has a good amount of energy and a low GI.

My wife makes my lunch for me so its usually one of the following each week

Pasta
Rice and veggies
Chicken and veggies
Plov
Golubtsi

There is a cafe in my building sometimes i will eat there but the food is terrible.

JimiNutz

Banned
Most days I eat grilled chicken breast, plain rice and vegetables with some Nandos Peri Peri sauce on the side.
It's pretty boring but does the job.

I obviously snack on various nuts throughout the day as well.

Jaxx_377

During the week mon-thurs I grab a cup of mixed greens with a scoop chicken or tuna salad and a small bag of kettle chips. Only costs $4.50. Fridays I skip lunch and tge weekends are a crapshoot.

I work from home, but I meet with customers throughout the week. 3 days of the week I take my customers out to nice lunches, the other 2 days I squat at home and munch on stuff I have there. Basically spend $0 or so.

I typically eat, or ate, light at work. I tend to get bogged down easily by larger meals. I would eat a small meal for lunch and then snack right after school ended if I had coaching duties in the afternoon/early evening.

Skyr

Usually chicken or fish with rice or beans and some broccoli on the side.
I cook and prepare it every other day.
I also prepare a banana oatmeal as a pre workout meal that I eat later that day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom