• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaffer Claims To Have Created SuperPS3 (improved textures, draw-distance.. in games)

mydvE.jpg

Snubbers

Just thinking about the whole absurdity of it...

That a raft of RFI improvements have somehow allowed the CPU/GPU to increase in performance? Really?

That would mean that thermally the CPU is being throttled on a production machine, and somehow, it's either dynamically clocking itself with some feedback loop looking at the quality of the clock/data lines, or it's somehow missing clock cycles so effectively reduced it's clock speed due to a poor clock signal, but this has no artefacts other then some pop up and texture quality??

Strange things can happen, I may be way off base, but as an engineer, I'm dying to see this unfold..

I call total and utter BS on the largest scale possible + infinity + 1..

elohel

Snubbers said:
Just thinking about the whole absurdity of it...

That a raft of RFI improvements have somehow allowed the CPU/GPU to increase in performance? Really?

That would mean that thermally the CPU is being throttled on a production machine, and somehow, it's either dynamically clocking itself with some feedback loop looking at the quality of the clock/data lines, or it's somehow missing clock cycles so effectively reduced it's clock speed due to a poor clock signal, but this has no artefacts other then some pop up and texture quality??

Strange things can happen, I may be way off base, but as an engineer, I'm dying to see this unfold..

I call total and utter BS on the largest scale possible + infinity + 1..

it's not going to unfold cuz it's all fake lol

FoxSpirit said:
Did you guys visit Coconut Audio? Go the testimonials, hilarious.
I'm seriously convinced there is some epic level trolling going on.

The "GroundHanger Silver Bullet Sirius" and "VibraPortal Silver" testimonials are genius-

oh.. transparency is the the answer, it sound faster, transparent with texture, the result is more obvious when you hang nearer to the source, i tried on the Densen amp, it give some result but i don't think it worth the money, and when i place it on my Densen CDP, the results is amazing ( my Densen CDP has 2 RCA output, one connected to the amp and other is leave empty, so i hang it over there ) it is like a layer of screen being take off, clearer vision obtained. Some of my friends say it is to "Hifi" sound but it is ok for me to have this sound and i might try another type of ground hanger to get more vibrant sound in the future.

Sityong ( Malaysia)

GroundHangerSilverBullet2.jpg

when i place it on top of my Densen amp ( on the transformer ) the result very mild, after that i changed it to my Densen B 420 ( on top of the CD transport ) i noticed my sound became more balance and very stable, before that the sound is shaky but i can't notice until i place the vibral portal, you can find the singer became more experience in singing (skill) rather then he/she just a"new bird"
one more notice is the bass slam, the bass is extended and got weight and it also sound faster, hence you can catch the rhythm of the music and enjoy.

Sityong ( Malaysia)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I like that this guy can solder his solid state amps with his fluke to the copper alloy mobo within a margin of 0 to -15db, but he doesn't know how to take direct feed screencaps.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
rhubbard16 actually PMed me. I asked him back if I'm allowed to post here what he wrote to me privately, let's see what he says :)

soultron

Banned
Dash Kappei said:
rhubbard16 actually PMed me. I asked him back if I'm allowed to post here what he wrote to me privately, let's see what he says :)
Break the bonds of confidentiality for the greater GAF good.

Angry Fork

Is this like the gaming equivalent of jbaird, can someone write up a bullet point summary of what's going on here I missed it.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
LamerDeluxe said:
I think the $8450 Audioquest speaker cable is relevant here, according to the comments it really does incredible things:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000J36XR2/?tag=neogaf0e-20
We live underground. We speak with our hands. We wear the earplugs all our lives.

PLEASE! You must listen! We cannot maintain the link for long... I will type as fast as I can.

DO NOT USE THE CABLES!

We were fools, fools to develop such a thing! Sound was never meant to be this clear, this pure, this... accurate. For a few short days, we marveled. Then the... whispers... began.

Were they Aramaic? Hyperborean? Some even more ancient tongue, first spoken by elder races under the red light of dying suns far from here? We do not know, but somehow, slowly... we began to UNDERSTAND.

No, no, please! I don't want to remember! YOU WILL NOT MAKE ME REMEMBER! I saw brave men claw their own eyes out... oh, god, the screaming... the mobs of feral children feasting on corpses, the shadows MOVING, the fires burning in the air! The CHANTING!

WHY CAN'T I FORGET THE WORDS???

We live underground. We speak with our hands. We wear the earplugs all our lives.

Do not use the cables!
http://www.amazon.com/review/R3I8VKTCITJCX6/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R3I8VKTCITJCX6

This is amazing.

Dartastic

Someone needs to make a SuperWii. AKA, a computer running Dolphin. And then hook it up to a TV, but somehow get it running in a Wii case.
Or get it running in two Gamecube's taped together.
Then that will = win. DO IT.

Dash Kappei

soultron said:
Break the bonds of confidentiality for the greater GAF good.
But I'd feel bad!
he's offline now

For now let's just say that it appears we might really make it through those hellish flames

Dash Kappei said:
But I'd feel bad!
he's offline now

For now let's just say that it appears we might really make it through those hellish flames

But will he make it through those flames to paradise?

TAKE HUBBARD DOWN TO THE PARADISE CITY
WHERE THE PS3'S ARE SUPER AND THE TROLLS ARE WITTY
TAKE ME HOME

JUST A TROLL LIVIN UNDER THE FORUM
SUPER PS3 IN A MODDED CASE, THAT'S TOUGH TO BEAT
HUBBARD TRYIN NOT TO SHOW HIS TROLL FACE, BUYIN GOLDPLATED CABLES, 300 FEET
HE'LL PROVE IT ANOTHER TIME, FLUKE THE DIODE TIL THE END OF THE LINE

I can't finish it, Paradise City is a shitty song for parody.

Dash Kappei

jim-jam bongs said:
Concur, spill it Dash! Are we on our way to paradise or are we singeing our butts for nothing?
He said it's ok to post it :p

So here it is:
rhubbard16 said:
should have some new hardware and gameplay up soon! Might post some hd footage in realtime. Honestly thought most everyone knew about enhancing the console by now! What a good/ bad reaction huh! It's funny how much my words get misread and exaggerated, wow!
I will try to raise to the level expected of me now.

Mdk7

Dash Kappei said:
He's not duckroll, don't think dr is an audio/videophile is he?
He's the real deal, he also asked for a day of two to come up with more evidence.
I mean, it's clear that he's dead serious, look at where and how he started posting about it.

This is disappointing, rhubbard16 why aren't you replying anymore? I think a lot of people here are fascinated by your work (you made NG4's news section!) and would love to hear and see more.
I mean, Galileo Galilei was called an heretic when he stated that following Copernicus' theory it was the Earth going round the Sun and not the other way around, then he was put on trial and forced by the Church to negate all of his atronomical beliefs... But we all know now who was right.
Don't give up man!
I can't believe you're actually comparing the genius of Galileo to this huge troll right here.
Seriously, it's an offense that's totally worth of a ban IMHO. :D

sp3000

I'm not sure why everyone is hating on the op's skills. I was able to turn my Xbox into a 360 with a few simple tweaks.

All you need to do is add a ferrite core to the CPU and add some Iodine to the RAM to increase it's capacity. The GPU will need some extra tweaking so I recommend you take it to a professional since it involves working with radioactive elements.

Dash Kappei

Mdk7 said:
I can't believe you're actually comparing the genius of Galileo to this huge troll right here.
Seriously, it's an offense that's totally worth of a ban IMHO. :D
ma secondo te non lo sto pigliando appena appena per il culo?

:p

Elginer

I know I'm late to this party but holy shit. LOL this is a GAF thread for the ages. I'm just glad to have seen it with my own eyes.

So is the OP going to add a flux capacitor next?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Can't wait for him to pop in a dvd of GTAIV PC gameplay and pass it off as realtime SUPERCELL PS3

Top Bottom