• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaffer Claims To Have Created SuperPS3 (improved textures, draw-distance.. in games)

Unicorn said:
My favorite part about all of this is the fact that he can afford all of these "high quality" parts and materials to better his PS3, but can't afford a capture card, or a better camera (than a fucking iPhone...).

Uh yeah gayzar we are in a recession! lol

jim-jam bongs said:
Because we don't have time for this Mickey Mouse bullshit.
Here again for the punishing, with my duct taped PS3-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhubbard16/6238043485/

Detail of Drake.
All I had are these digital cameras' check the dirt detail on his arms.

Hang in there loyal GAF I will give some validity to the "Mickey Mouse Bullshit" soon!
I know I look like an ass clown its all percieved, but this guy really is one.

Gawd somebody quote the "Big Blue" or "Romeo is Bleeding"

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
rhubbard16 said:

Detail of Drake.

Hang in there loyal GAF I will give some validity to the "Mickey Mouse Bullshit" soon!
I know I look like an ass clown its all percieved, but this guy really is one.

Gawd somebody quote the "Big Blue" or "Romeo is Bleeding"

Just out of curiosity, what kind of drugs are you on?

Snuggler said:
Just out of curiosity, what kind of drugs are you on?

Read the last page for context.

Why not directly link the screens here?

rhubbard16 said:
This man has created something so controversial that a lot of people want to suppress him. You can't hold down the truth because the truth always finds a way out.

fU2Ku.gif

rhubbard16 said:

Detail of Drake.

Yes, yes. We've all seen that and it does nothing for us. Who are you to deny the people what their hearts desire?

Also, apropos nothing, you seem to be using the bbcode tag rather than the [URL] one. Which is weird.

[QUOTE=rhubbard16]Hang in there loyal GAF I will give some validity to the [B][U]"Mickey Mouse Bullshit"[/U][/B] soon!
I know I look like an ass clown its all percieved, but this guy really is one.[/QUOTE]

Did you just call me an ass clown? I'm hurt, I thought we had something special. I bet you just tell people you're going to lead them to paradise through the flames to toy with their emotions.

Dragon

Banned
rhubbard16 said:
Now Im lost. huh? The what code where?

Let me get this straight. You can supposedly mod your PS3 to the level that you've suggested you can, but you can't figure out how to wrap img tags around a URL to display in this forum? Hmm.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
rhubbard16 said:
Now Im lost. huh? The what code where?

So what you're saying is that you know how to take apart a PS3 and turn it into a SuperPS3, yet you don't know how to post an image on a forum.

Interesting. You have a very particular set of skills.

rhubbard16 said:
Uh yeah gayzar we are in a recession! lol

Serious question. What the fuck is "gayzar" ? Is that like a leet way of calling someone gay as an insult? Fucking kids these days and their slang. If so, what a lame way to go out after all this build up.

Hero_of_the_Day said:
Serious question. What the fuck is "gayzar" ? Is that like a leet way of calling someone gay as an insult? Fucking kids these days and their slang. If so, what a lame way to go out after all this build up.
gamma-lazer duh!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this guy pretty much saying that he cleaned his PS3 innards and polished some of the parts, and as a result got better textures, resolution, and draw distance (all things that are controlled by read-only data on the Blu-ray disc)? And the thread has this many posts?

Snuggler said:
So what you're saying is that you know how to take apart a PS3 and turn it into a SuperPS3, yet you don't know how to post an image on a forum.

Interesting. You have a very particular set of skills.

Not living in the virtual world, not an e-person. I keep trying to convey this to you non-belivers.
I modify solid state material Caps, Resits, Power management, Filtration.
In no way does it refute any of my work that I cannot upload my pictures to GAF in a specific way!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
rhubbard16 said:
Not living in the virtual world, not an e-person. I keep trying to convey this to you non-belivers.
In no way does it refute any of my work that I cannot upload my pictures to GAF in a specific way!

I understand completely.

FoxSpirit

sajj316 said:
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/rhubbard16/6238041197/sizes/l/

modded PS3?

versus

http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/rhubbard16/6238042727/sizes/l/

stock PS3?

.. or is this a camera shot closer to the TV screen on the 2nd shot? I see the clarity in the first shot but I'm not sure what is what ..

Have no idea how to embed the actual link to the jpeg images off flickr.
Well, those two show exactly the same detail so...
I dunno, maybe it is, maybe it isn't?

And maybe rhubbard just had a bad HDMI interconnection so soldering the cable should actually to... a little bit.
I run a 3m HDMI cable to my TV via PC and the picture is fantastic. I can run test patterns and everything, it's simply completely stable, no colour noise or anything.

sajj316

Apoc87 said:
Haha, gayzar.

Had no idea what it meant!

From urban dictionary, learn something new everyday on GAF

A individual having a bald head and overly square like body. A hideous sight that typically makes people look away in pity. A gayzar usually attracts white trash female specimens that have little to no respect for themselves.

That guys over there with the square body, bald head and dancing with the girl in a Guns N' Roses shirt, he's totally a gayzar

... anxiously awaiting answers from rhubbard16 on my questions ...

rhubbard16 said:

you really sound like a crazy cult leader ...... ready to take his followers to the burning/sacrificial site.

FoxSpirit said:
Well, those two show exactly the same detail so...
I dunno, maybe it is, maybe it isn't?

And maybe rhubbard just had a bad HDMI interconnection so soldering the cable should actually to... a little bit.
I run a 3m HDMI cable to my TV via PC and the picture is fantastic. I can run test patterns and everything, it's simply completely stable, no colour noise or anything.
You can run CIE specific test patterns X,Y, at a native rate from USB, also to be correct before running said test patterns you will need to match resolution input/output before having a correct pattern to display and calibrate content on. Since there is a slow point here not all HDMI are created equal content constraints are a huge limited in testing the signal path for errors.

Ron, can you please explain to everyone how it's possible that you've managed to improve the quality of a digital signal without altering the source signal?

jim-jam bongs said:
Ron, can you please explain to everyone how it's possible that you've managed to improve the quality of a digital signal without altering the source signal?
RON? Both are completely improved. The display is modified, the signal path is modified, the source content is modified. All calibrated to 1998 CIE standards in HD CS.

Top Bottom