Gaming soundtracks you dig

Ovech-King

Feb 27, 2017
If you like Christopher Nolan's movie, the Connor soundtrack bits in Detroit Become Human sounds so much like Hans Zimmer in his movies.

And that's a very good thing IMO

Isa

Nov 28, 2017
Among my alltime faves, the soothing futuristic yet ambient songs not only made the game more immersive, even my folks would love to hear the game/album.

I knew I would love this game, and actually the sequel more, but man if the cutscene and music didn't set an awesome tone.

I hear this OST and I want to get lost in my youth all over again! I had Shining Force first, then my sister got Phantasy Star 2 and man, seeing a game with such an anime-esq ost was great.

I love this game so much! It is wonderfully tragic and seeped in a depressing atmosphere. Every character's introduction is so sad, and Platina/Lenneth and Lucian's story makes me cry to this day.

Virex

Jan 26, 2018
South Africa
Nier Gesalt/Replicant, Final Fantasy VIII, Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3, Chrono Trigger are my all time favourite soundtracks. With Final Fantasy VIII being being my most favourite of them all

Reactions: hecatomb

molasar

Jun 20, 2018
Tusker (C64)

The First Samurai (Amiga)

Body Blows, BB Galactic

Pinball Dreams

Double Dragon 3 (Amiga)

Yo! Joe!

Project X

Cannon Fodder

Dune

molasar

Jun 20, 2018
Miami Vice (C64)

Predator (Amiga)

Final Fight (Amiga)

Elvira: Mistress of the Dark

Elvira II: The Jaws of Cerberus

Pit-Fighter (Amiga)

Lethal Weapon

Beat Cop

T8SC

Jun 22, 2013
Turrican II: The Final Fight

Tomb Raider

Final Fantasy VII

Shadow Of The Beast II

Lotus Turbo Challenge II

Persona 4

Mass Effect 2

Super Mario Bros 3

Command & Conquer - Red Alert

Resident Evil 2

Reactions: Whataburger

brian0057

Jun 18, 2018
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Sublime

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Last edited:
Reactions: Kadayi

iHaunter

Sep 6, 2015
I've never played the game before in any of its incarnations but have spun the soundtrack so much that is it were a tape it would've popped:

Absolutely awesome compositions and so much variety yet it all sounds cohesive. Whats your pick?

NieR: Automata is God-Tier. Got every iteration of it available. So glad I got the CE, came with liver performance.

Aug 18, 2018
Chicago
The synth stuff or retro-disco whatever music for Hotline Miami/Furi are really good. Also, the Deathsmiles soundtrack and Catherine classical/metal hybrid are worth a listen.

Frizzie

Jan 24, 2019
Apart from a few magazine and game freebies the only two soundtracks I have bought are No Mans Sky and Everyone Has Gone To The Rapture. I have the CD's (yes CD's!!) in the car and really enjoy them both.

I would really like to get some Final Fantasy soundtracks and the Journey soundtrack.

My favourite song of all time at the moment is from Final Fantasy XIII Oerba village. I think it is called Dust To Dust? Takes me back to a few hours gaming when I felt so at peace for once that I now have quite a connection to it.

EDIT: I also wanted to add that I have Nier Automata still to play so I'm excited to see so many mentions for its soundtrack.

Last edited:

Dragon Lord

Jan 26, 2019
I've listened to Skyrim's soundtrack about a thousand times, and have yet to tire of it. I like the music in Red Dead Redemption as well.

Space Runaway

Sep 5, 2018

Always liked the arranged soundtrack for Raiden 2. I don't think it was ever featured outside of The Raiden Project on ps1.

UsualNoise

Neo Member
Jan 22, 2017
Chrono Cross is my overall favorite. Everything about Chrono Trigger that was great, with an orchestra.
Metroid Prime 1 & 2 are top tier for me as well, great atmospheric soundtracks I never get tired of listening to (well, except for some of the boss fights).

While Zelda soundtracks are probably overdone at this point, I've found some fan-created albums that breathe new life into them. My current favorite is this one.

robo_qwop

May 30, 2013
this shit makes me want to run down the street clotheslining people and do push ups when there's nobody left:

Guilty Gear also has this effect.