• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming soundtracks you dig

Ovech-King

If you like Christopher Nolan's movie, the Connor soundtrack bits in Detroit Become Human sounds so much like Hans Zimmer in his movies.

And that's a very good thing IMO

Isa

Among my alltime faves, the soothing futuristic yet ambient songs not only made the game more immersive, even my folks would love to hear the game/album.

I knew I would love this game, and actually the sequel more, but man if the cutscene and music didn't set an awesome tone.

I hear this OST and I want to get lost in my youth all over again! I had Shining Force first, then my sister got Phantasy Star 2 and man, seeing a game with such an anime-esq ost was great.

I love this game so much! It is wonderfully tragic and seeped in a depressing atmosphere. Every character's introduction is so sad, and Platina/Lenneth and Lucian's story makes me cry to this day.

Virex

Abrasive, but well-meaning
Nier Gesalt/Replicant, Final Fantasy VIII, Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3, Chrono Trigger are my all time favourite soundtracks. With Final Fantasy VIII being being my most favourite of them all

T8SC

Turrican II: The Final Fight

Tomb Raider

Final Fantasy VII

Shadow Of The Beast II

Lotus Turbo Challenge II

Persona 4

Mass Effect 2

Super Mario Bros 3

Command & Conquer - Red Alert

Resident Evil 2

brian0057

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Sublime

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

1451882173413.jpg

Last edited:

iHaunter

I've never played the game before in any of its incarnations but have spun the soundtrack so much that is it were a tape it would've popped:

Absolutely awesome compositions and so much variety yet it all sounds cohesive. Whats your pick?

NieR: Automata is God-Tier. Got every iteration of it available. So glad I got the CE, came with liver performance.

The synth stuff or retro-disco whatever music for Hotline Miami/Furi are really good. Also, the Deathsmiles soundtrack and Catherine classical/metal hybrid are worth a listen.

#Phonepunk#

Banned

Revenge of Shinobit OST - The Shinobi

Saturn Bomberman OST - Amusement World (Dark Stages)

ECCO The Dolphin - Undercaves

Frizzie

Banned
Apart from a few magazine and game freebies the only two soundtracks I have bought are No Mans Sky and Everyone Has Gone To The Rapture. I have the CD's (yes CD's!!) in the car and really enjoy them both.

I would really like to get some Final Fantasy soundtracks and the Journey soundtrack.

My favourite song of all time at the moment is from Final Fantasy XIII Oerba village. I think it is called Dust To Dust? Takes me back to a few hours gaming when I felt so at peace for once that I now have quite a connection to it.

EDIT: I also wanted to add that I have Nier Automata still to play so I'm excited to see so many mentions for its soundtrack.

Last edited:

Rodolink

Lost odyssey
Fzero x

Metroid prime
Xenogears
Ffvi
Smash bros
Nier

Edit:
One link expired and i forgot which game it was i guess it was Mass Effect.

Last edited:
I've listened to Skyrim's soundtrack about a thousand times, and have yet to tire of it. I like the music in Red Dead Redemption as well.

Chrono Cross is my overall favorite. Everything about Chrono Trigger that was great, with an orchestra.
Metroid Prime 1 & 2 are top tier for me as well, great atmospheric soundtracks I never get tired of listening to (well, except for some of the boss fights).

While Zelda soundtracks are probably overdone at this point, I've found some fan-created albums that breathe new life into them. My current favorite is this one.

robo_qwop

this shit makes me want to run down the street clotheslining people and do push ups when there's nobody left:

Guilty Gear also has this effect.

So many on my list, impossible to remember all of them. There are so many classics from the 8-bits and 16-bits era but I will keep my grandad's stories to myself and put some of my favourite recent games' BSO

Nymphae

Banned
Been listening to the Unreal Tournament and UT2K4 soundtracks, they are incredible. I love that 90's electronic mixed with that grimey rock stuff. Has some really great D&B, ambient tracks, and the aforementioned Quake style guitar riffage.

Unreal Tournament is the best FPS ever made and it's a fucking travesty that it's not more popular these days.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Gaming soundtracks are situational listens for me. Mario Kart is the ultimate music to work to, I'm big on sports soundtracks (MLB The Show 06', NBA Live 07') I love that stuff but also another vote for Nier, definitely. Without question, the transitions, the melodies and than you add in the gameplay and its clear to me why so many gamers appreciate Nier.

280px-Logo_EN_-_Donkey_Kong_Racing.png

Ian Henry

Anything from Tekken, DOA, Street Fighter, SNk, Soul Calibur, or Final Fantasy. All have Hip Hop, R&B, Funk, Boogie, Ambient, Electronic and Classical music that I enjoy.

I also fuck with Infamous 2 soundtrack. Amon Tobin is a beast

Last edited:

Ristifer

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is one of my all-time favourite soundtracks. Not just for games either. Listening to Icarus makes you feel like you're 20 feet tall every single time.

Last edited:

Area61

Listening to these for couple of days. Loved the game for OST. Specially FLAG RACE (STAGE 2-A Air Circus. / 2-B Velmatic Ocean.) stole my heart.

Top Bottom