• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Getting high

Tenck

Any grinders and rollers you guys can recommend? I can do them by hand but it takes a while and I'm looking to do them as quick as possible.

Man...Pot withdrawals are a bitch.

I understand it's nothing compared to alcohol, opiates etc... but fuck me am I ever irritable lately. Trouble sleeping, annoyed at everything, like no appetite, depressed.

Fuck this.

I feel ya dude, I tried to take a break a few years ago after a really bad shrooms trip as i kept getting really bad flashbacks every time i would smoke for months and I only made it to 7 days before I started getting intense headaches, nausea and couldn't sleep at all.

I was always in the camp of thinking that there was no withdrawl from stopping smoking, apparently not lol.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Just went to look for a joint that I lost somewhere in my car and ended up finding two joints that I'd apparently lost in there in the past couple weeks, neither of which were the joint I was actually looking for.

Look for lost joint, find two unrelated joints. lmao

Tenck

I'm a little high but I want to say that medical dispensaries are a life changer. I can't express how awesome is to walk in to one and ask for recommendations for any problem you're having, then get bud specifically picked out to help you.

Plus I don't have to deal with my plug not having what I want.

Strange experience last night. Smoked a bit was listening to music and then I swear it was almost like the music controlled what I was doing. It was like the Kanye west all falls down music video in 1st person until I finally saw myself in the mirror with the head phones in and some sort of inner spirit said you can just pull those off you know. Took a shower where every time I closed my eyes I had imagery comparable to a tool video. Not sure if it was a bad trip or bad weed. I just laid on my bed and rode it out as soon as I regained control. (Which in real time was only 2 minutes but felt much longer)

Ohnonono

Man...Pot withdrawals are a bitch.

I understand it's nothing compared to alcohol, opiates etc... but fuck me am I ever irritable lately. Trouble sleeping, annoyed at everything, like no appetite, depressed.

Fuck this.

I totally don't want to belittle your discomfort at all, but I would suggest going out and exercising a little bit or finding some way to get your mind right. Reality is pot does not really have "withdrawal" like that other stuff does. It is more like being kind of annoyed that you aren't high. I smoked about 4 times a day for a month straight and stopped just cause I ran out and didn't have any issue at all besides the fact that I wanted to be high :).

I have taken Xanax for years now and have gone into withdrawal due to some accidents with my Dr. and my Pharmacy. It was the worst feeling ever and honestly if it happened again I don't know that I would not just go jump off a cliff.

You may get a little grumpy cause you don't have your weed, but your brain is not trying to trick your body into having non stop seizures.

Again not to belittle being grumpy with no weed. I have been there for sure. I am there right now (though hopefully the hook up comes through tonight!)

Much love but the term withdrawal I see a lot on GAF and it is (very innocently) misused a good bit.

That said I super hope you feel better and get back on the great green choo-choo train soon.

Love you high GAF!

Goldboy

Strange experience last night. Smoked a bit was listening to music and then I swear it was almost like the music controlled what I was doing. It was like the Kanye west all falls down music video in 1st person until I finally saw myself in the mirror with the head phones in and some sort of inner spirit said you can just pull those off you know. Took a shower where every time I closed my eyes I had imagery comparable to a tool video. Not sure if it was a bad trip or bad weed. I just laid on my bed and rode it out as soon as I regained control. (Which in real time was only 2 minutes but felt much longer)

One night just a few weeks after I started smoking, I ate a ton of pot brownies and had a somewhat similar experience. For some reason I was convinced that some kind of hostile entity, like the devil, was trying to communicate to me through the lyrics in my music. I was freaking out for what felt like hours until I had the same realization that I could just take my headphones off, hah.

Once you move to a totally new place how do you go about finding a connect. Fuck man.

second this.

I'm in a new spot and IDK who I can buy trimmings from. I was paying 35 for an oz and was loving it.

personally, i would hit up concerts, bars, or maybe a nearby festival. People usually are open about it there depending where you are

lol one of my friends once bought tree off of craigslist (before it was legalized here in my state) and i always give him shit for it. risky as hell, but his transaction went well and was easy.

has anyone ever had luck on a forum i imagine you can easily find someone on a weed hobby forum

friends of friends knows a guy who knows a guy is usually best bet. ask your friends if they know anyone

personally, i would hit up concerts, bars, or maybe a nearby festival. People usually are open about it there depending where you are

lol one of my friends once bought tree off of craigslist (before it was legalized here in my state) and i always give him shit for it. risky as hell, but his transaction went well and was easy.

has anyone ever had luck on a forum i imagine you can easily find someone on a weed hobby forum

friends of friends knows a guy who knows a guy is usually best bet. ask your friends if they know anyone
Yeah I can attest to the forum results haha. When I moved to NC I posted on a different forum and luckily there was a guy who happened to be nearby. But yeah, new place, know no one, and yeah.

redhood56

Banned
Got a new(and higher quality) 510 threaded pen today. Can't wait to use this bad boy in a couple of days. I'll probably just smoke an L tonight. I like alternating between flower and concentrate.

I'm a little high but I want to say that medical dispensaries are a life changer. I can't express how awesome is to walk in to one and ask for recommendations for any problem you're having, then get bud specifically picked out to help you.

Plus I don't have to deal with my plug not having what I want.

Can't wait till I have that option (someday). I really really curious about the high CBD stuff. I'd like to know if it could be a more functional daily thing.

Can't wait till I have that option (someday). I really really curious about the high CBD stuff. I'd like to know if it could be a more functional daily thing.

was reading about this the other day.. apparently theres no real "high" involved? that could be interesting

I haven't yet felt comfortable enough with weed to socialize on it like I have with alcohol.. unless of course the other people are also stoned

was reading about this the other day.. apparently theres no real "high" involved? that could be interesting

I haven't yet felt comfortable enough with weed to socialize on it like I have with alcohol.. unless of course the other people are also stoned

CBD seems to be responsible for a lot of the secondary effects when blazing like relaxation and improved mood. There are some high cbd strains which still have a decent amount of thc. Sounds perfect to me!

Yeah weed is not a social thing for me either. Alcohol is great for that.

I take 1:3 cbd drops sublingually in the morning and evening which works wonders for my anxiety. It isn't really overwhelming at all, just a nice relaxed feeling.

Just purchased some Pink Kush from Tilray with 24.6% thc that should arrive tomorrow, I'm pretty excited :) I love OG variants.

Having to buy from someone else while my guy was away made me realise how good I have it where I am. I messaged the dude and asked how much for 3.5, he sad £25 which is all good and what I usually pay. Received 2 grams of airy mids and .9 of leaves and shit. Fucking chavs, should've known better.

Wolfe

The heat wave hitting Seattle is making for some great smoking weather.

Is it as bad as the heatwave back in uh, 09 or whenever? I remember it happened during sea week too. I was working 3-midnight at the time so trying to get decent sleep wasn't fun, it even killed my motorcycle battery while I was stuck in traffic on the 520 bridge on my way to work.

Was glad when that shit was over lol.

Goldboy

Is it as bad as the heatwave back in uh, 09 or whenever? I remember it happened during sea week too. I was working 3-midnight at the time so trying to get decent sleep wasn't fun, it even killed my motorcycle battery while I was stuck in traffic on the 520 bridge on my way to work.

Was glad when that shit was over lol.

I dont think it's as bad as that one but still pretty bad. A couple days ago it was almost 100 degrees during the day and sleeping at night was impossible, lol.

beanman25

Been vaping more then smoking my stash lately. MFLB for when I'm about, and e nano in my bedroom.

Both are truly amazing, nearing half an oz of ABV, so I'm not sure if I should keep saving or what.

Was in a rush to catch a flight this morning so I just popped a .1g nugget in my mouth like a Now and Later. Hope it's enough (but also hope I'm not bugging out on the plane).

Negative. I was in a hurry so I just popped that sucker. It's wasteful, but it'll certainly work if you eat enough.

I put some raw on a hot dog once (many years ago) and was floored.

Edit:
It was was dried and cured but not cooked.

kaskade

Never really smoked much, had some lighter edibles which I enjoyed. My sister's boyfriend smoked a bit and he started using a vape pen and he really enjoys it. My sister never smoked and she said she likes a little hit before bed to help her sleep. I'm thinking about trying it out, he said he can get me the cartridges so I just got myself a battery. Taking it this way seems so much enticing to me because of the lack of smell if I'm in my apartment and the ability to just toke it when I want some quickly. Anything I should know about doing it this way? Seems like I'm seeing a lot more people opting for this method.

that's what I use.. pen and cartridge

2-3 good hits before bed and I sleep like a baby

makes watching light comedy shows before I pass out more fun too

kaskade

So the cart I’m getting is a flavRX one, OG kush. According to their site it’s good for nighttime use since it’s more of a relaxer. Probably won’t be able to try it for another week since I won’t see my friend until then. Apparently the carts aren’t super strong which I’m not mad about since I’m new to this. I don’t want to overdo it my first time.

Got to try some Hindu Kush today (100% indica). None of that paranoia business, just straight euphoria and relaxation. I have the option to try a strain that has Bruce Banner #3 as one of the phenotype. I'll probably do it, but am a little worried about bugging out while having other shit to do.

Anyone here live in an apartment and smoke a bong inside? I'm kinda scared to do so, I feel like maybe my neighbors could smell the smoke?

I feel like if I ghost a hit, use a fan and sploof I should be ok?

Anyone have any advice? I could smoke on the porch late at night, but even that's not allowed. I feel like if I smoke it outside someone could definetly smell it?

Anyone here live in an apartment and smoke a bong inside? I'm kinda scared to do so, I feel like maybe my neighbors could smell the smoke?

Anyone have any advice? I could smoke on the porch late at night, but even that's not allowed. I feel like if I smoke it outside someone could definetly smell it?

I'm not sure, but ghosting hits doesn't seem healthy.

Maybe a vaporizer would help here. Ime, it's not quite as stinky (though it certainly can smell if your shit is dank).

Or bake that shit up like Betty Crocker and eat it. Just don't let nosy friends and family members find/eat your cookies haha

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick

Vaporizers are a new level of stealth. Get on it. Also, you can attach certain vapes to the bong. With my vape the only thing that smells is the vape itself.

BlueTsunami

I have a vape, not the same high as a bong for me.

And holy shit to the attaching vape gonna check it out.

Try heating your shit up to about 420°F. I got a mean ass high yesterday night, including that couch lock. A lot of issues with the high from vaping can be attributed to not heating up your vape high enough.

BlueTsunami

^uh isn't that the combustion temp?

Isn't it above 450F? All I know is I don't get smoke from the vape at 420, its the highest my vape goes, and it gets a very similar high to anything requiring fire.

In my vape I have to sift the bud though every two draws or the bottom cooks out too fast at such a high temp. Basically the higher the temp, as close to combustion, the more goodness is extracted.

Try heating your shit up to about 420°F. I got a mean ass high yesterday night, including that couch lock. A lot of issues with the high from vaping can be attributed to not heating up your vape high enough.

I have an air arizer 2 I believe, I heat it to the highest setting. Not sure what temp that is, the light is red though.

What kind of vaporizer do you own?

Also I believe my tolerance is high, and that might be a problem. I've literally not gone a day in the past 2 years without smoking lol

So you think if I hit my bong it would seep theough the walls?

BlueTsunami

I have an air arizer 2 I believe, I heat it to the highest setting. Not sure what temp that is, the light is red though.

What kind of vaporizer do you own?

Also I believe my tolerance is high, and that might be a problem. I've literally not gone a day in the past 2 years without smoking lol

Your tolerance is probably a major reason lmao and I used a CloudV F17. Has a digital readout as to the temp not sure how accurate it is BUT, I smoke rarely so that could be the major difference between the two of us lol. A bong would help with vapor heat. Load the shit up and hit it.

So you think if I hit my bong it would seep theough the walls?

The vapor from a vape is scentless for me. My room smells normal as I'm smoking. I ligjt a candle juat in case but, I think you'd be good.

Man, I hate the first few days after quitting/having a break.

Walking the dog in the sun...I'd love a joint right now.
Sitting in the back garden in the evening with a brew...I'd love a joint right now.
Listening to music...I'd love a joint right now.
Going for a bike ride...I'd love a joint right now.
Eating food...OMFG I'D LOVE A JOINT RIGHT NOW.

I usually give in to this feeling and the cycle continues, but I really do need a long break.

Poppy

i consumed a lot of edibles on saturday and im just now starting to actually feel sober after waking up this morning, quite a thing

oddj0b

Banned
Speeding 80mph (128kph) on 65mph (105kph) with a smoking pipe, and a thumb size portion of dank in the car. Court was today and I ended up 1. avoided getting license suspended, 2. no probation and 3. $329.00 ($280.00). That fee includes court costs, the speeding, and the pot.
Penalties in Ohio for reference.
DX9LtHN.png

Definitely lawyer the fuck up and have your family close by, oh and go the speed limit to avoid any of this stuff to begin with :lol just a little word to the wise!

BlueTsunami

Speeding 80mph (128kph) on 65mph (105kph) with a smoking pipe, and a thumb size portion of dank in the car. Court was today and I ended up 1. avoided getting license suspended, 2. no probation and 3. $329.00 ($280.00). That fee includes court costs, the speeding, and the pot.
Penalties in Ohio for reference.
DX9LtHN.png

Definitely lawyer the fuck up and have your family close by, oh and go the speed limit to avoid any of this stuff to begin with :lol just a little word to the wise!

I had a cop obviously run my plates in Ohio on my way back from Colorado heading to Massachusetts. Was speeding in the left lane, about 80mph and slowly moved over to the right when I noticed him chilling in the median. He then saddles up to me on the left lane for a good minute or so... then moves on. I had a treasure trove of stuff with me lol. That would have gone over really bad.

"Gotta drive real cool when them pies be on ya" - Young Jeezy

Yall didn't know that you'd read words of wisdom from someone named "Young Jeezy" today eh?

Top Bottom