• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Getting high

Meesh

Anyone here growing?
Got a friend doing it legally. 100 plants... small operation I guess?
Got my green card in BC, bought some stuff. They seem to have everything, oils, different strains (which the sales clerks claim are the best... each one lol, they're always baked there) candies... everything. Kinda cool...

So I've managed to accumulate 6 different varieties (the final 2 today). We're going to do some Pepsi challenge type shit tonight. Only thing missing is Hennessy. Can't wait for work to finish!

Poppy

Got a friend doing it legally. 100 plants... small operation I guess?
Got my green card in BC, bought some stuff. They seem to have everything, oils, different strains (which the sales clerks claim are the best... each one lol, they're always baked there) candies... everything. Kinda cool...
seriously i know they work in a weed dispensary but is it too much to ask that at least one of the clerks i interact with be lucid, i keep getting this one girl that is in the far reaches of space

I don't know if I need to get into my whole background smoking weed, but recently some articles popped up about studies that show marijuana usage can greatly increase the risk of hypertension by something like 3X and it goes up every year you continue to use, which has freaked me out (my dad's side of the family has a history of high blood pressure as it is) and has me weening off my stash on the road to quitting for good.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this, or know if the studies are full of shit?

One of them even opened with "quitting cold turkey can be bad too" (which I've also never heard before) and noted that historically it's been thought/shown that weed reduces blood pressure, so this new study is turning everything on it's head. Thought asking Stoner-GAF if they have any insight because the thought of quitting is bumming be out - I have bad anxiety and Indicas really help me relax and sleep (plus being high is just nice and fun), but of course I'll take living over hypertension and early death any day.

kyser73

I don't know if I need to get into my whole background smoking weed, but recently some articles popped up about studies that show marijuana usage can greatly increase the risk of hypertension by something like 3X and it goes up every year you continue to use, which has freaked me out (my dad's side of the family has a history of high blood pressure as it is) and has me weening off my stash on the road to quitting for good.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this, or know if the studies are full of shit?

One of them even opened with "quitting cold turkey can be bad too" (which I've also never heard before) and noted that historically it's been thought/shown that weed reduces blood pressure, so this new study is turning everything on it's head. Thought asking Stoner-GAF if they have any insight because the thought of quitting is bumming be out - I have bad anxiety and Indicas really help me relax and sleep (plus being high is just nice and fun), but of course I'll take living over hypertension and early death any day.

I've got hypertension, vape about 1/8th a week, condition is managed by mess, BP been stable for 5 years. I'm 43 and I'll be damned if I'm quitting.

Voidguts

man i didn't know highgaf was back, sheeeit what's up y'all?

man, i'm no doctor but.. my mother and sister both have high blood pressure issues so severe that they both take medication. i've been smoking nearly daily for over a decade, up to 3-4 grams a day usually, i'm "morbidly obese" (i prefer the term mobie tho ��) and have a high genetic disposition to it and my blood pressure is and has been absolutely fine. i get it checked at least every 2 months. my dad also had type 1 diabetes and i've never shown any signs of prediabetes.

i did quit smoking around a month ago and started using a desktop vaporizer and i fucking love it; my lungs feel great and i'm using a gram a day instead of four. tried to smoke again yesterday out of a clean glass pipe and the taste was so foul i couldn't finish it. was some Cherry Pie, too, so it def wasn't the bud.

man, i'm no doctor but.. my mother and sister both have high blood pressure issues so severe that they both take medication. i've been smoking nearly daily for over a decade, up to 3-4 grams a day usually, i'm "morbidly obese" (i prefer the term mobie tho ��) and have a high genetic disposition to it and my blood pressure is and has been absolutely fine. i get it checked at least every 2 months. my dad also had type 1 diabetes and i've never shown any signs of prediabetes.

i did quit smoking around a month ago and started using a desktop vaporizer and i fucking love it; my lungs feel great and i'm using a gram a day instead of four. tried to smoke again yesterday out of a clean glass pipe and the taste was so foul i couldn't finish it. was some Cherry Pie, too, so it def wasn't the bud.

my only issue with oil is how fast it goes. right with you there on how it feels coming back to flower... it's just a nasty sensation

Voidguts

my only issue with oil is how fast it goes. right with you there on how it feels coming back to flower... it's just a nasty sensation

yeah def. oil goes way too fast and feels a lil grimey.. (i'm an old pothead, i love the vape pens but i don't have a dab rig or anything)
i'm vaporizing flower, which i've never liked (had a PAX and MFLB) until i got this desktop unit; you still get to break up bud, smell it, taste all of it and there's no tar or resin to clean up and you can do tons of stuff with the already vaped bud. it's the Solo Extreme Q by Arizer - you can get it for ~150 USD shipped if you look around. i actually bought it with the intent of using bags, but they are wasteful; the whip is super efficient.. if anyone out there has a whip only desktop vape that they think would be better please let me know! i've heard good stuff about Da Buddha but no personal experience.

yeah def. oil goes way too fast and feels a lil grimey.. (i'm an old pothead, i love the vape pens but i don't have a dab rig or anything)
i'm vaporizing flower, which i've never liked (had a PAX and MFLB) until i got this desktop unit; you still get to break up bud, smell it, taste all of it and there's no tar or resin to clean up and you can do tons of stuff with the already vaped bud. it's the Solo Extreme Q by Arizer - you can get it for ~150 USD shipped if you look around.

that's an interesting approach i tried a few times. vaping flower (also had a MFLB - total piece of shit) got stale after awhile, too, but at least you can make edibles out of AVB like you said.

i'm also not big into dabbing. had a friend who did it forever and his tolerance skyrocketed. he had to stop smoking for a few months before a bowl would even affect him lol

Gave in to a t-break, like, immediately LOL, picked up a little silver bubble and some Amnesia haze. He told me to smoke the silver bubble first cus it's good shit, so I just did that and he wasn't lying. Had to bring up Leafly to check what the hell this strain is cus I just feel blasted, and I've been smoking strong ass sativa for months on end now so my tolerance is high...turns out it's Haze crossed with Northern Lights and Skunk. A pretty no-nonsense combination lol. I'm guessing it's the skunk that making me feel like molasses right now. The weed itself is probably the frostiest shit I've ever seen.

Voidguts

for those of you lucky enough to live in a medical/legal state (literally sold all my shit to move from Hell, MS to OR) you can actually still smoke bud while you're on a T break if it is a strain that has low or no THC, CBD won't affect your tolerance and will make the break infinitely more tolerable. the reverse applies if you've developed a CBD tolerance. things you wish you knew sooner.. sorry if this was common knowledge, it's called cannabinoid cycling if you'd like to learn more.

jHeo5lv.png

my current stash. blocked out farms/barcodes/etc. cherry pie and lemon kush are incredible.
medical. if pics aren't allowed, lemme know.

Anyone here live in an apartment and smoke a bong inside? I'm kinda scared to do so, I feel like maybe my neighbors could smell the smoke?

I feel like if I ghost a hit, use a fan and sploof I should be ok?

Anyone have any advice? I could smoke on the porch late at night, but even that's not allowed. I feel like if I smoke it outside someone could definetly smell it?

brooo https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00478UIB2/?tag=neogaf0e-20 i live upstairs and smoked with my empire shorty bong nonstop using the smoke buddy & ozium spray for months and noone was the wiser. if someone comes up in your place, it's still gonna rank like weed but if you're paranoid about the smell leaking out, definitely check that out. my neighbors are super sensitive to any kind of smoke, too.

I've got hypertension, vape about 1/8th a week, condition is managed by mess, BP been stable for 5 years. I'm 43 and I'll be damned if I'm quitting.

Well that's certainly reassuring to hear, thank you both. I mean, I know everyone is different and all that but still, good to hear from people who smoke and actually have/are more inclined to have high blood pressure/hypertension.

Also yeah vaping is where it's AT. I know it's not the same as taking a nice bong rip but since we had to move into an apartment, having a PAX 2 has been so awesome, plus it eases my anxiety to think I'm doing something healthier/safer than smoking/combustion. It's weird that my brain will "accept" that as ok when I also know full well that the healthiest/safest way to do it is to either eat it or just not do it at all.

Kyser if you don't mind me asking, what does "condition is managed by mess" mean?

kaskade

So I got my prefilled cartridge and tried it out, feels like I’m not getting that high though. Or I am and I just don’t realize it because I’m not too sure exactly how it’s supposed to feel. I believe I’m inhaling correctly, pull it while my chest expands, then I usually gulp some more fresh air to make sure it’s getting all up in my lungs. Then I hold it for a 2-3 seconds. Sometimes it makes me cough, others not. I’ve done it 3 or 4 times so far, sometimes I’d take a second hit smaller hit after 15 minutes or so. The one time I felt the most high was that my eyelids felt heavy but nothing else really felt that different, maybe spaced out a little more. Think I recall feeling almost like that ASMR tingle once or twice in my head.

The only other thing I can think of is that once I get more conscious of the feeling it’s easier to feel it because you know exactly what’s happening. I guess hearing how much people love it I almost felt a little underwhelmed. I’m going to keep trying though because I definitely didn’t hate it.

Aesthet1c

I'm new to making edibles and I'm trying to find info on making the coconut oil and guides seem to be all over the place. Realistically how long do I need to slow cook the oil for? I've seen anywhere from 2 hours to 18 hours.

I'm new to making edibles and I'm trying to find info on making the coconut oil and guides seem to be all over the place. Realistically how long do I need to slow cook the oil for? I've seen anywhere from 2 hours to 18 hours.

Make sure you grind and de-carb your weed first.

I left mine in for 3-4 hours. The longer you leave it the more couch-locky it will get.

I've been getting high semi regularly since 18 and in a daily basis 7-8 years ago and actually have very low blood pressure though I think taking cbd oil daily might have something to do with that too...

Voidguts

does anyone hear use oil cartridges?

yeah, they are rad for the ease of use and stealthiness. i've tried a few diff. strains by Golden Extracts, Select ELITE, Green Dragon, etc. - you get what you pay for basically. it's really easy to overdo it with a bat & cart so i have to try and be conservative, haha.

Ohnonono

GAF I live in a non legal state and burn through 1/4 in about 25 days or so. Usually then take a little break till the start of the next month. Is that considered a lot? I just kind of buy enough that I run out about a week before I can get it again.

GAF I live in a non legal state and burn through 1/4 in about 25 days or so. Usually then take a little break till the start of the next month. Is that considered a lot? I just kind of buy enough that I run out about a week before I can get it again.

That's not a lot, I would go through around a half ounce in a month and wouldn't consider myself a heavy smoker, just evenings and weekends. There are guys who would go through an ounce in a week.

Daingurse

does anyone hear use oil cartridges?

My mom and granny do. Works great for them.

You're doing better than me. 1/4 lasts me about a fortnight lol.

yeah, they are rad for the ease of use and stealthiness. i've tried a few diff. strains by Golden Extracts, Select ELITE, Green Dragon, etc. - you get what you pay for basically. it's really easy to overdo it with a bat & cart so i have to try and be conservative, haha.
have you tried kingpens? those are the official ones i've always used, but lately i've been trying some that someone made themselves, but the fucking things started leaking...do you know how i could put a stop to that?
My mom and granny do. Works great for them.
lol you haven't tried it though?

I used to get through a quarter in a month too. Only smoked 1-2 times a night. Now a Q lasts me 4-7 days lol, so nah, you're not smoking a lot.

Daingurse

have you tried kingpens? those are the official ones i've always used, but lately i've been trying some that someone made themselves, but the fucking things started leaking...do you know how i could put a stop to that?
lol you haven't tried it though?

They work pretty good! I just prefer flower, or using a dab rig. The pen cartridges are really convenient though, so I get the appeal.

My guy's been unavailable since yesterday, finally picked up from him just now and decided to treat myself to a half ounce. Look at this fucking weed. I'm so lucky.

Frosty AF
36016498433_bc2268f710_b.jpg

Frosty weed turd
36016499083_2996535840_b.jpg

5 gram nug
36686092271_6d4212f94d_b.jpg

36686093281_775a8a95bd_b.jpg

The super frosty stuff is Lemon Haze and it's killer. The nug with more ginger hairs than Prince Harry is the usual Amnesia Haze I pick up off him which is always incredible, but the lemon is even better. First weed I ever smoked too lol.

Meesh

Omg... I'm not high, but looking at those pics is enough to give me the munchies. I can't come back to this thread again unless I've got some weed....

hoserx

Heading to Irvine California this week........... so basically there is no way to get legal cannabis yet, right? I'm an Ohio resident. Jan 2018 I'm seeing?

Ashhong

Heading to Irvine California this week........... so basically there is no way to get legal cannabis yet, right? I'm an Ohio resident. Jan 2018 I'm seeing?

There are some places that don't require a med card. Pretty close to Irvine too. Not sure how to find them though

Picked up the new Rove flavor, tangie. Wowowow good shit

Aaand all that above weed is now gone. Lol. I really need to give it a rest...I just love it too much. Plus it's summer, how am I supposed to quit in the summer? Come on, man...

cress2000

So I got my prefilled cartridge and tried it out, feels like I'm not getting that high though. Or I am and I just don't realize it because I'm not too sure exactly how it's supposed to feel. I believe I'm inhaling correctly, pull it while my chest expands, then I usually gulp some more fresh air to make sure it's getting all up in my lungs. Then I hold it for a 2-3 seconds. Sometimes it makes me cough, others not. I've done it 3 or 4 times so far, sometimes I'd take a second hit smaller hit after 15 minutes or so. The one time I felt the most high was that my eyelids felt heavy but nothing else really felt that different, maybe spaced out a little more. Think I recall feeling almost like that ASMR tingle once or twice in my head.

The only other thing I can think of is that once I get more conscious of the feeling it's easier to feel it because you know exactly what's happening. I guess hearing how much people love it I almost felt a little underwhelmed. I'm going to keep trying though because I definitely didn't hate it.

If your inhalation technique is correct (or not), might you have a high CBD / low THC strain? My understanding is that those tend to have mild to no psychoactive effects. Defective cartridge is another possibility.

Wolfe

What kind of grinder do you guys use? Looking at a Space Case or Santa Cruz Shredder to replace my old one.

After using a standard one for a few years I was at a smoke shop and noticed they had some with a clear top and a crank, won't buy another one without those two features. Very convenient in my opinion. Obviously not "necessary", but definite QOL features to me.

Something like this: 4 piece crank grinder

Mau5

After using a standard one for a few years I was at a smoke shop and noticed they had some with a clear top and a crank, won't buy another one without those two features. Very convenient in my opinion. Obviously not "necessary", but definite QOL features to me.

Something like this: 4 piece crank grinder

I wouldn't mind one with a crank never used one before looks really useful. I've usually used really low tier type of grinders but they get the job done. Noticed that the aluminium or the coating started flaking off into the bud which is awful.

Top Bottom