• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good shows and movies on Netflix right now

So, I got a free month of Netflix and I need good suggestions on shows to watch.

So far, I have watched:

Doctor Strange
First few episodes of Voltron: Legendary Defender
V/H/S 2

And my preferences are:

Action
Adventure
Sci-fi
Horror
Comedy

Animated or Live Action are both fine.

Black Mirror...Black Mirror...

Did I mention Black Mirror?

Twin Peaks is on Netflix.

Watch Twin Peaks.

Can't recommend this as it looks horrible on Netflix (pixellated/macro-blocked to hell). Looks better when watching it On Demand (which is free if you have Showtime).

brawly

White Gold

4e732b4efe9d1d064f65c1689c6e712615ffc82b.jpg

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1bI4VqfWmZQ

Mulholland Dr. is the best, watch it and then watch it again.

Just saw Jackie Brown last night and it was really fun. Stellar performances across the board and the way the central heist unfolds will keep you engaged. I'm not much of a Tarantino guy, but this movie is one to watch.

Viewt

Oh man, so many.

Casting Jonbenet on Netflix is really, really good. It's a true crime-style retelling of her murder, but the interviewees/narrators are all local actors auditioning to be cast in the reenactment segments. It can be oddly funny at times, but it's mostly just a really good look at how national coverage made and makes these tragedies part of the public consciousness.

Icarus is also great. It starts off being about an amateur cyclist who wants to learn how to cheat steroid tests so that he can improve his performance and turns into a real-life spy thriller centering around the chief scientific architect of the Russian athletic doping scandal.

Oh! And Into the Inferno, Werner Herzog's documentary about volcanos. There's something hypnotic about watching lava. I was entranced.

Don't sleep on Netflix docs. They have a lot of good ones.

Man, too many to list.

Master of None
Stranger Things
Bojack Horseman
Ozark
Bloodlines
Glow
Flaked
Love
Twink Peaks
Black Mirror
13 Reasons Why
The OA
Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stores (you'll love or hate this, but I loved it a lot)
Trailer Park Boys
Blue Mountain State
Archer
Parks and Recreation
House of Cards
Friends From College

I'll stop there but...all of the above I vouch for. Strongly.

fushi

This Korean series called Stranger is something I stumbled upon by accident and is one of the most gripping and tightly written things I have seen in a long while.

black070

Ozark
Stranger Things
Master of None
F is for Family
Castlevania
Voltron: Legendary Defender
Ajin: Demi-Human
Knights of Sidonia
Blame
Okja

Wood Man

Ozark
MST3K: The Return
Bojack Horseman
Glow
F is for Family
Black Mirror

Anime:
Aijin
Seven Deadly Sins
Little Witch Academia

Raptomex

The lack of any Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt posts is saddening. You mentioned comedy. Watch The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

MikeyB

Black Mirror for sure. S1E1 isn't the best starting point though. Each episode is standalone, so you can start anywhere. If you are going to try one: History of You, Most Hated in the Nation, Men Against Fire, White Christmas, and San Junepeiro are awesome.

Ozark is good.

Narcos is better, but season 3 is the best by far.

I really liked the Dirk Gently series and the film I Don't Want to Live in This World Anymore. But they are not universally loved.

There are a lot of good Netflix standup specials.

OP needs to state his/her region before you go making recommendations like that.

Because someone in the US is going to be disappointed when you tell them The Expanse on on Netflix.

Now I need to go find this elsewhere, because it sounds absolutely fucking awesome.

Edit: Crisis averted -- Amazon Video has it, free if you're a Prime sub!

Top Bottom