• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Goodness, it's down to ____ degrees outside so PUT YOUR JACKET ON!"

What temperature was "jacket weather" during your childhood?

• 70F (21C)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • 65F (18C)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • 60F (15C)

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • 50F (10C)

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • 40F (4C)

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • 32F?!? (0C)

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • We couldn't afford jackets

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I'm sure plenty of us got this talk, but what was the temperature? I'm curious to know what the parent(s) of GAFers considered "jacket weather".

Temperatures have been closed captioned for the learning disabled.

7GqoJXM.png

I've always had a high tolerance for cold, so I generally won't wear a jacket or even long sleeves until it is below freezing. People know me for it lol

On the other hand, I can barely stand being outside in >85 F degree temperatures. I hate heat.

Dark Star

Texas here. I usually put on a light jacket or hoodie when it hits like 40-50 degrees F

60-75 degrees F with a nice breeze, overcast sky is perfection (t-shirt and jeans weather)

Last edited:

StormCell

Spent all my college years in the PNW. 50 degrees is the tipping point where the jackets go away.

Unless you're along the coast where it's chilly almost year round (thanks humidity).

Tenaciousmo

i usually wont wear a sweater until 5c, 0 to -5 is jacket time tho

EDIT: from 45° N lattitude.

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

Banned
It isn't about how cold it is, it is about how windy/wet it is. I'm in shorts and a t-shirt down to about 0F as long as there's no wind/rain.

Top Bottom