• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOTY Gameplay is Here (Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid)

Zephir

Aside from no victory poses, basic moveset and a small roster, it's not that atrocious
overall it's 20$ and power rangers have been in way worse (and pricey) games

Everyone would love a "arkham asylum" level-of-quality game with the Power Rangers IP but it'll never exist

DForce

It's a low budget title. Fighting mechanics are probably really good and that's what fighting game fans really care about.

Larxia

I mean... Every game can looks trash if you take the worst gameplay video you can find, even Bayonetta.
I'm not saying this game will be amazing, but from others videos I've seen, gameplay wise it looks totally decent, my only disappointment is with the amount of content (and the musics, power rangers isn't the same without the musics from the show).

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Well it’s a low budget game so I’m sure you didn’t expect a AAA game quality right? Even this looks way better than previous and pricier Power Rangers games.

CyberPanda

Banned
Aside from no victory poses, basic moveset and a small roster, it's not that atrocious
overall it's 20$ and power rangers have been in way worse (and pricey) games

Everyone would love a "arkham asylum" level-of-quality game with the Power Rangers IP but it'll never exist
I didn’t know about the pricing. That makes it a bit better I guess.
Are kids still into power rangers these days? Or is this just for nostalgic 90s kids?
Power Rangers is still popular.

Imagine still being excited about Power Rangers
jordanlaff

Last edited:

Barnabot

Here's the Switch review:

Looks good tbh. Some graphical downgrades here and there but the gameplay looks like fun to me.

Tiamat2san

Well I just completed an arcade game at the moment.
It’s ok for $20 but it’s not really that good too.
I’ll play it again in a few months to see if there’s improvements.

Hotspurr

Banned
This game is on sale now on switch and Xbox (for $12). They bumped the base character roster to 12 and added some stages and a story mode, also voice acting (by some of the original cast). There is also paid DLC that adds 3 characters bringing the total to 15, with more DLC planned. There is crossplay between switch and Xbox. Further DLC characters are also planned.

The game is a mix of DBFZ (3v3), Skullgirls and marvel. Everyone who has played it says it's awesome but a little light on content. Justin Wong helped with a lot of the development. The game is meant to be very accessible (specials similar to how smash does it) but hard to master. It's more about fighting the opponent rather than the inputs (like in SF4). Online also seems extremely stable and lag free from what I've read.

I am torn between the Xbox and switch versions....on the one hand, power rangers on the toilet, on the other, easier to play vs with my partner using real controllers rather than shitty joycons.

DonF

you know what, it doesnt look that bad. It looks dated. I feel like a game like this would make millions in the 90s

Top Bottom