• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeeDog

Metalmurphy said:
It could be linked to the online mode, and therefore disabled.

That would suck hard then, since I assumed we could export pictures to USB sticks/drives and thus avoid any bad compression issues. :/

Xater

BeeDog said:
That would suck hard then, since I assumed we could export pictures to USB sticks/drives and thus avoid any bad compression issues. :/

You most likely can and I assume the pictures will be rendered at a much higher resolution than the game. That even was the case in GT4.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
marathonfool said:
Ladies and gentlemen. It's been a journey. See you on the otherside.
VEIK0.jpg

a rough journey indeed

dwebo

BeeDog said:
I really doubt it's online restricted. There's no way PD wants every GT5 user to be downloading 18MP photo mode pictures from their servers.

More likely the video makers just weren't interested in the feature and haven't bothered to film it.

edit: I mean, I suppose it could have some uploading function for sharing photos, but locking it out for the people who have consoles that don't even connect to the internet seems silly.

amar212

dwebo said:
I really doubt it's online restricted. There's no way PD wants every GT5 user to be downloading 18MP photo mode pictures from their servers.

Agree.

Kazunori was always not so fond about online and in few times he expressed that he wants offline players to have same level of enjoyment of the game as players conected to PSN. He never wanted online to become important in actual structure of the game - which was the main reason he got into fight with SCE during initial planning of scrapped GT:HD game in 2005.

As we can learn from Trophy list, not single one of them is linked to online part of the game.

Which is great IMO.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Hydrargyrus said:
this should be the OT when we will know the release date

they already said they are going to make a new thread when they announce the release date.

Bed time for me. I wish I could see gaf implode whenever they should announce the dates in real time.

amar212 said:
Agree.

Kazunori was always not so fond about online and in few times he expressed that he wants offline players to have same level of enjoyment of the game as players conected to PSN. He never wanted online to become important in actual structure of the game - which was the main reason he got into fight with SCE during initial planning of scrapped GT:HD game in 2005.

As we can learn from Trophy list, not single one of them is linked to online part of the game.

Which is great IMO.

Indeedy, unless the secret ones are for online, but I would assume they are more likely related to ultra rare vehicle unlocks or events like endurance.

matthsv said:
Stop jumping to conclusions about the lack of damage.

Conclusions were jumped to along time ago, I've lost track of how many things people were in denial about. The game's looking good enough to meet my expectations though so I'm happy.

Ashes

fanboi said:
So who is the bloody mod that changes the title everytime so it makes my heart jump?

Answer damnit!

It's been jumping between amirox and y2kev, with kagari jumping in here and there.

I think the damage simulation is pretty realistic in the Audi youtube video. The gallardo video was indeed a little disappointing.

It's not exaggerated like in need for speed shift, it doesn't look cool. But it's there, people are suppose to paying attention to the raceing and making good lap time, not how damaged the car looks.

GT5 is not a sandbox simulator. It's a racing and car driving(not crashing) simulator.

When you play the game as its intended, damage shouldn't factor in that much. And if you want good damage, you should be playing the rally portions.

So excited, don't want to look away from the internet, but I must head into work where I can once again pin my face to a computer screen.

Really? Still all the damage talk? Am I the only one faping it to how good the driving physics and graphics look and not giving a crap about how my car deforms? As long as people are penalized somehow for smashing into shit, whether penalty, performance , visual or both I don't care. Just make the punters pay online. That is all.

KingDizzi

Banned
Majine said:
NFS is prolly cockblocking the announcement.

I 110% believe this to be the case as well, NFS ain't some shitty little franchise that sells a few hundred thousand on the PS3 but rather millions, NFS and GT are the two biggest racing franchises on HD consoles. One is an exclusive to the PS platform and the other sells really really well on that platform so it's very easy to see business wise why a GT release has not yet been announced. Although one is an arcade game and the other a sim there is surely an overlap in audience which is why I think both games will suffer sales wise since in all likely hood they will release a few weeks between each other. Not saying a million less sales but still something. NFS releases next week so..........

SolidSnakex said:
Every single comment in the NFS Stig post is about GT5.

Love it. Sony deserves it, if not worse. A bunch of bullshit blog posts is one thing, but throwing one up about the Stig in a competing racing game, insulting.

Even though I haven't posted in this thread, the title changes have entertained me. It sucks that you've all had to suffer so much but you will be rewarded soon.

BeeDog

How unsmooth can Sony be? :lol People are questioning if The Stig is even in the game anymore, then BAM! A blog post about The Stig!... related to NFS instead. :(

:lol God is (rightfully) punishing this stupid company.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
This has been an amazing journey, i love you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom