• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5: Release date announcement incoming! THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyFive

A truly momentous occasion. Not since Brawl has a game that has taken so long to come out actually deserved a thread about the game going through the disc stamping process.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
CNN Breaking News - LEVI's CEO: "We dont have enough jeans to withstand GT5 release"
CNN Breaking News - Thailand Child labor rises

Elios83

ultron87 said:
Headline: Disaster at Sony Disc Pressing Plant Delays GT5

:lol
After 10 million units pressed, Sony realized they were all faulty because of cosmic dust accumulated in the duplication machines.
Gold phase rescheduled, date TBA :D :D

Fingers crossed for 7-10 December release date XD

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Lagspike_exe said:
Japanese devs never (or at least I've never heard them) use the phrase "gone gold".

"Discs being stamped" 99% refers to just that - discs being burned.

Do Japanese devs usually use the term "discs being stamped" instead of "the game has finished?" I don't want to be the party pooper, but I feel like we are taking a somewhat vague comment to the extremes here. I feel like if the game were finished we have gotten a more solid, definitive response.

Big Ass Ramp said:
Do Japanese devs usually use the term "discs being stamped" instead of "the game has finished?" I don't want to be the party pooper, but I feel like we are taking a somewhat vague comment to the extremes here.

Gc1FS.gif

Big Ass Ramp said:
Do Japanese devs usually use the term "discs being stamped" instead of "the game has finished?" I don't want to be the party pooper, but I feel like we are taking a somewhat vague comment to the extremes here.

Why would he refer to the game's box as a disc?
Why would he say that the discs are being stamped if the game hasn't gone gold?

ultron87

Big Ass Ramp said:
Do Japanese devs usually use the term "discs being stamped" instead of "the game has finished?" I don't want to be the party pooper, but I feel like we are taking a somewhat vague comment to the extremes here. I feel like if the game were finished we have gotten a more solid, definitive response.

Breaking News: Gawker Media employee mistranslates Japanese words for 'bugs' with Japanese word for 'discs', is immediately lynched by the Internet.

BeeDog

I'd like a more reputable source.

Not familiar at all with that site, so I'll believe it when I see it

ultron87 said:
Breaking News: Gawker Media employee mistranslates Japanese words for 'bugs' with Japanese word for 'discs', is immediately lynched by the Internet.

Ray Wert's a dead man if his blog was a ruse :lol

good god, jalop's blog is now at 5k hits!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
OWJ2K.gif
<-- Me until i get GT5 in my dirty claws.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Lagspike_exe said:

No, the artwork on the disc. I think he could have been referring to that. I feel like maybe he was dodging the question with an answer that could mean anything, IMO.

BeeDog said:

Seriously, Jalopnik can be trusted. They are one of the top car blogs on the web. They are very trustworthy.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
BeeDog said:

Jalopnik is a car blog that is part of the same network that Kotaku and Gizmodo belong to. So... kinda reliable... ish.

Az

Ploid 3.0 said:
I was about to say the same thing. Whatever PD, I no longer like carrots dangling from a stick. I'll wait until the rope is cut.

I am sorry.

Still convinced its 2011 btw.

Lagspike_exe said:

And why do we still believe anything he says when in relation to a release date?

Looks like that rumoured 23rd December Japanese release date could be true then. They won't release it that week in the US/UK, so I'm going with December 14th in the US and 17th in the UK. Hopefully before that though!

bud

someone should sabotage the production plant just to troll all of us waiting for the game. i'd laugh.

Melfice7

Big Ass Ramp said:

yep i never trust anything translated from japanese.. even if its from this guy

2z9e2cn.png

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
speculawyer said:
Wow. Congrats Polyphony.

So how many years was this in development?
It's been four years since their last full retail release game, Tourist Trophy. So it's anywhere between 4 and 6 years of dev time (GT4 was released in 2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom