• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V: Announcement Trailer Nov. 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobor

Joe Shlabotnik said:
I realize R* has never backed off of intentional content, but shit like the Hot Coffee debacle was very very expensive and regrettable for them. They're not immune to disastrous PR, and not all controversy is good controversy, even for them.

(That said, if I were a betting man, I'd still be betting on DC/Capitol City, haha. I'm just saying they have a lot to consider in selecting it.)
Well, they won't do a terrorist attack, or have you kill the president. I think the act of setting the game in DC alone would bring out the media, though.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
In an hour all these hopeful, optimistic predictions will convert into hateful messages.

gate777

I think I'll wait a few hours after the trailer launches. The sites playing it live will be getting hammered repeatedly doggystyle and massive lag will ensue.

Angry Fork

Le-mo said:
Can't believe I woke up early for this shit. Bring it!!!!
(Today, 11:45 AM)

lol what's late? 3PM?

Just kidding I wake up similar times on weekend too. edit - Nevermind I'm an idiot I keep forgetting my time isn't the time of the world.

Hex

Banned
DC would make me quite a bit more interested than another cliche California, Miami or Vegas gangster gimmick.

X26

Banned
gate777 said:
I think I'll wait a few hours after the trailer launches. The sites playing it live will be getting hammered repeatedly doggystyle and massive lag will ensue.

it'll be up on youtube within minutes

6n1107NintendoPres-320-0-24604-20061107_170016-320x240.jpg

Harry Potter said:
Maybe LA GAF can inform me more but is there really that much to LA? LC was cool cause of places like Manhattan but I feel like LA is all the same. It would have to include Vegas and Mexico.

It would likely include Los Santos (LA), San Fierro (San Francisco) and Las Venturas (Las Vegas). Then you'd have the areas that join those 3 together. At least I hope so.

bengraven said:
It will probably be DC, LA or NY/Liberty City. When you think money, you think those two places.

And since the mint is in DC, yeah.

US has mints in many locations. The treasury is in DC, but as is like every federal building.

My wish would be a single city over as many as four different periods of time showing off the changes to the city itself, as well as the characters, and the various factions reflecting the changes in broader American society. Multiple protagonists would be nice. I'm sure it won't happen, though.

Angry Fork

Every player is going to die so fast except a few people on gaf. Everyone is going to be bitching and won't get to see the vid for like 5 minutes except for a few people watch.

gdt

DC, you play the body guard of a politician on the rise....and you have a fucked up past, but this politician is a bright spot, an apparently clean politico.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom