• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

AmyS

So now that the PC version has been out for quite a good while now, I would really like to hear some impressions what GTA V is like in stereo 3D.
-- Meaning, with Nvidia 3D Vision or 3D Vision 2 coupled with a LightBoost monitor.

Be it single screen 3D or triple screen 3D, I'd love to know, thx!

AEREC

Finally booted this up after I finished Witcher 3 the other day. Seems like my performance has gone down for some reason. Before I was getting a solid 60fps with everything cranked up (i7-870, GTX 970 4GB) and now it seems my framerate is fluctuating constantly from the 30's to the 60's.

I did go from using the GTA ready driver to using the Witcher 3 ready drivers from nvidia during my playthrough of the witcher...but that seems like it should not cause that much of an issue.

Hacker was giving out money yesterday, I got almost a million. I was told to spend them instead of bank them.

I bought stuff. Is anything gonna happen to me? Or my account?

bs000

I just got the game on Steam and I'm trying to play online and it won't let me complete any Simeon missions. My character just exits the car, walks to the garage door, and just stands there doing nothing. Have to alt+f4. Anyone else have the same problem and know how to fix?

Impulsor

This game is wrecked as far as the online goes on PC.

Every single lobby is infested with hackers.

I came from the PS4 version and it really is infested with hackers. Yesterday out of nowhere I got turned into a boat.

Sigh... I play worried that something will happen to my online possessions because of an idiot hacker.

But the game plays so much better than on PS4 that I can't go back now.

_woLf

Does anyone else get a lot of microstuttering since the most recent patches?

Seems to happen the most in first person mode. Wasn't an issue before. :(

So the last patch gave me enormous frame rate issues, I set everything at minimum and at some points, the game is nearly unplayable.

Any fix for this? At release, I played single player at high settings, solid 30fps.

So the last patch gave me enormous frame rate issues, I set everything at minimum and at some points, the game is nearly unplayable.

Any fix for this? At release, I played single player at high settings, solid 30fps.

There really isn't one, unfortunately. Rockstar more or less broke the game. I haven't played in weeks, and a lot of people are in the same boat. Just have to wait on a patch unfortunately.

They've said they're aware of the issues, though, which is nice, considering they've failed to acknowledge every time they ruined performance prior to this.

kabel

What's the 91Mb patch Steam loaded just now?

FPS fix?

edit. ok, R* now I'm done---wtf is that?
Fiz0VMs.jpg

darthbob

How do you make money in this?

I've played for 60 hours, haven't bought a single weapon, vehicle or anything and I'm broke.

Complete jobs, missions, heists, etc. That's really about it, in terms of decent amounts of cash.

Humane Labs Raid Heist is Double RP/GTA$ this week too.

oxidax

Anybody experiencing constant network issues on GTAO? its like every 15 minutes I get disconnected from the server or just kicked into single mode. Its getting really annoying now.

This game has been nothing but trouble for me...Bought it from GMG but didn't notice it wasn't a steam key that they were selling..The download took for freakin ever even with cyber ghost..Avast decided to block the update launcher because it thinks GTA V is a virus..Finally got the game downloaded and installed and now it won't even launch for some reason. GG Rockstar.

Can someone help?

_woLf

Has anyone else with a GTX 970 been having graphics card driver crashes very frequently in GTA 5 lately?

I even just downloaded the newest drivers, still crashes from time to time. Getting really frustrating.

Hakkelus

Has anyone else with a GTX 970 been having graphics card driver crashes very frequently in GTA 5 lately?

I even just downloaded the newest drivers, still crashes from time to time. Getting really frustrating.

No crashes here. Just a slight stuttering here and there.

_woLf

Just getting crash after crash tonight. 20+ crashes. It just completely stops working. No error message at all so I have no idea how to start fixing it...

This is so frustrating...right when all my friends buy the game too. :(

_BtB_

Just getting crash after crash tonight. 20+ crashes. It just completely stops working. No error message at all so I have no idea how to start fixing it...

This is so frustrating...right when all my friends buy the game too. :(

Do you have the game on steam? can you verify the files in case they became corrupt? you can also check windows "event logs", perhaps there is a crash log in there

If you guys are still playing with the crew, could I get an invite? name is "Gimdrek". I sent an invite request but it said it failed. Just need ppls to roll with so I do not get crapped on in multiplayer as I am new, thanks

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Someone on the GTAV forums figured out the cause of stutter apparently.

Aiming from cover. Either by you the player character, or any other NPC. Its why police shootouts get so rough, a lot of them are behind cover of their cop cars and start shooting.

Someone on the GTAV forums figured out the cause of stutter apparently.

Aiming from cover. Either by you the player character, or any other NPC. Its why police shootouts get so rough, a lot of them are behind cover of their cop cars and start shooting.

How in the world does a bug like that happen.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
How in the world does a bug like that happen.

Heres their full post.

Nick930930, on 31 Jul 2015 - 3:29 PM, said:
I have tried so many things to fix this game after 3 weeks of the Ill Gotten Gains Update 2 ruining it. The patch they released a week helped with some issues, but the stuttering still remains. I have managed to finally identifiy the exact culprit of this problem.

Aiming from Cover.

If you are experiencing stutter, try this test. Stand out in the open, and aim your weapon. You'll notice no stutter. Now take cover behind an object and then aim. You'll immedietly notice a stutter as your character pulls the gun up to aim. The players aiming isn't the only thing causing the stutter. Every single AI unit that performs this animation will immedietly cause your game to stutter. This is why it's more noticable when you're fighting police on foot. Cops will constantly aim from behind their cars when they get out and this will cause massive stutter with each cop performing the animation. I just tested this in the mission "Hit Em Up" and I had no stutter until I reached the farmhouse (an area where there's plenty of cover. I drove my car straight in and noticed enemies peaking out from cover and instantly causing a small stutter. it's even more noticable at the final location in this mission (the motel). Here, all enemies are located along balconies on the motel. As soon as an enemy peaked out at me, it immedietly caused my game to stutter, sometimes severely when there were multiple enemies aiming at once. The stutter only occurs during the actual animation. Before and after the animation is performed, there's no stutter and the game runs perfectly fine.

I've also noticed another issue, though it is unrelated and is a different issue altogether.

Jumping.

This issue doesn't hurt the game as much as the other one, but it's still there. Whenever you jump as a single player character (Michael, Trevor, Franklin) the game will stutter every single time. This is likely a result of the same issue that's affecting the aim animation. It's not so much a stutter but just not as smooth as the animation used to be.

It appears these animations were broken in the update causing all of our stuttering problems. Windows 10 will not fix these issues. I had a fresh install of Windows 7 on a Solid State Drive and still had stuttering. Upgraded to Windows 10.. still had stuttering (though higher framerates I might add).

Car Collisions

This one doesn't happen 100% of the time, but I have definitely seen it happen. When I collide with a car, the game will very briefly stutter at the initial point of impact. It's hard to tell because of the camera and screen jerking from the actual impact, but I can definitely see pedestrians freeze during the stutter suggesting something is definitely there. This is with no stars at all. Again, uncommon but still there.

Edit: Response from Rockstar

Hello nick930,
Thank you for providing us with the exact information and helping us find a resolution. We really appreciate you taking the time in researching in-game issues. We have reported this issue to our concerned department who will certainly consider your feedback.
Best regards,
Rockstar Support

What the fuck? I started playing GTA Online last week and did a couple of races and noticed my nickname was not in the results screen. I thought I was losing it. Then I realized I was now "Officer_Ramirez." I have no idea how my nick changed. I definitely dind't do it and I don't know what "officer ramirez" is referring to. Fucking weird. I reset my password and that, then opened a ticket with Rockstar. We'll see what happens.

Did a clean install for Windows 10 and forgot that GTAV didn't do cloud saves. (Which is kind of insane.) I'm fine with losing my single-player progress, not a huge fan of it, but I'm worried that I've lost my GTA Online progress as well.

When I log into the Social Club website it shows my stuff normally:

USpabMr.jpg

But when I load the game and go into Online, it asks if I want to import this:

piy0jUO.jpg

...and actually, I just had a blinding flash of the obvious and realized this is referring to my ancient PS3 character, if I switch the platform on the SC page over to PS3 it matches up with this.

So is there any way to tell the game to pick up my existing PC data instead of trying to transfer my old PS3 data? Or maybe just blow away the PS3 person entirely so it only sees PC? I wonder if I just push ahead with a new character if I can get it linked to the correct platform in the full menus, but I'm afraid if I start a new person that it'll wind up "overwriting" my existing PC stuff.

I did a clean install of Windows 10 and sans one error screen (said something like, you already have transferred the maximum amount or something) I started to worry that my character was in GTA-Limbo but the game loaded up into GTA Online and had remembered my character as it last was.

I would try to cancel out of that PS3 character transfer screen and see what happens, it tried to go to that very screen on mine, but since I had transfered my 360 character to Xbone to PC I had already transferred too many times for it to be elgible again, so I think if you bypass that screen you'll be fine.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
How is this game for single player heard trevor makes or breaks peoples enjoyment ?

Kabouter

How is this game for single player heard trevor makes or breaks peoples enjoyment ?

Well, Trevor is certainly about as unlikeable as video game protagonists get (though some may find him interesting because of it), but if that doesn't bother you a huge amount, the game has a great single-player mode. Mission variety is pretty great, and switching between three different characters adds quite a lot in general.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Well, Trevor is certainly about as unlikeable as video game protagonists get (though some may find him interesting because of it), but if that doesn't bother you a huge amount, the game has a great single-player mode. Mission variety is pretty great, and switching between three different characters adds quite a lot in general.

Is there lots of extras to do beside main quest

Vuze

Is there lots of extras to do beside main quest
Yeah, a shit ton. Some really nice "freaks and strangers" storylines, races, stunts, hobbies such as flight school, tennis, triathlons... even the collectible series are pretty neat compared to other games since the world is just so amazing and enjoyable (imo). I've clocked in over 130h and haven't even touched some activities. I just boot up the game every once in a while, check out some mods or cruise around.

Sarcasm

So I kind of took a long break after beating the story in SP and failing to do heists online.

I am sure I haven't finished most of the side stuff, but my question is I didn't know about the stock market trick you can do with the quests.

I did one already but what do I need to do for the future ones?

GKB

So I kind of took a long break after beating the story in SP and failing to do heists online.

I am sure I haven't finished most of the side stuff, but my question is I didn't know about the stock market trick you can do with the quests.

I did one already but what do I need to do for the future ones?

Someone wrote a very detailed post on Reddit about this. Just do all assassinations missions after the campaign to ensure maximum gain.

Yo i just requested an invite to the GAFCREW on the OT ;_;

I'm fairly new and just finished playing the single player of the game.

Made my character, and done doing Lamar's stuff. Currently Level 4

any tips on what I need to do to level up faster? get more money and etc?

Name should be AldzDrakul

Sarcasm

Someone wrote a very detailed post on Reddit about this. Just do all assassinations missions after the campaign to ensure maximum gain.

It says to wait til next morning 8 AM. I did the mission at 3 AM and it said the stock should peak at 50%. Is that the return profit % you see on your portfolio? Cause it stopped at 22.2%.

Sarcasm

STEP VI - The Vice Assassination
In this assassination you are damaging the shares of Facade in order to raise the shares of Fruit. The guides that I have seen have often missed a crucial step in this assassination: invest in Facade as it rebounds. The Fruit shares will peak at around 50%, with Facades peaking at around 30%.
INVEST BEFORE MISSION: [FRT] Fruit (BAWSAQ)
SELL AFTER MISSION: [FRT] Fruit (BAWSAQ)
BUY AFTER MISSION: [FAC] Facade (BAWSAQ)
SELL AFTER REBOUND: [FAC] Facade (BAWSAQ)
This step is the difference between making around $1.5B and $2.1B, so make sure you don't forget it. Once again Facade may take some time to rebound so just keep sleeping until it hits the peak.

I did this and waited. It says it peaks at 50%? What does that mean? The return went to 25 and than went back down, so I missed it (don't worry separate saves). So I don't understand when to sell the stock.

Yea waited 15+ days and it went to 0% return.

Top Bottom