• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

does mods work for GTA V on windows 10? i installed OpenIV and i followed the steps and it doesn't reflect in game.. the trainers aren't starting up either with F4. What am i doing wrong?

GRaider81

Just got this. Super impressed with it coming from PS4 version!

Is online pretty unplayable now due to hackers etc? Everywhere I look people seem to complain about it. Hope RS does something about it.

Dries

I'm about to start Franklin's
assasination
missions. To maximize profit: anything important to know before I go in?

Labrys

I'm about to start Franklin's
assasination
missions. To maximize profit: anything important to know before I go in?

On all of them, start on a Monday. Trevor sleeps for 12 hours so just spam his bed until it hits Monday.

For the
Multi Target Assassination
(2nd), invest all of the protag's money into Debonaire (DEB) on LCN before you start the mission. After the mission is done, wait until the stock has hit maximum return, which is about 80%. Get the stocks back, then invest the returned mone into Redwood (RWC) on LCN. Sleep until it's hit 300% return.

For the
Vice Assassination
, invest into Fruit Computers (FRT) on Bawsaq before the mission. After the mission, wait 6-10 hours for it to hit 50% return, then get it back and invest everyone's into Facade (FAC) on Bawsaq. Wait 2 days for it to hit max value, which is 33%.

For the
Bus Assassination
, don't make any investments before the mission. After the mission, invest all money into Vapid (VAP) on Bawsaq. Wait 2 days for it to hit 100% return then sell the stocks.

For the last assassination, invest all 3 in Gold Coast (GCD) on LCN before starting the mission. After the mission, wait a day for the max return of 80%, then sell all of the stocks.

After that you should be good to go.

Dries

On all of them, start on a Monday. Trevor sleeps for 12 hours so just spam his bed until it hits Monday.

For the
Multi Target Assassination
(2nd), invest all of the protag's money into Debonaire (DEB) on LCN before you start the mission. After the mission is done, wait until the stock has hit maximum return, which is about 80%. Get the stocks back, then invest the returned mone into Redwood (RWC) on LCN. Sleep until it's hit 300% return.

For the
Vice Assassination
, invest into Fruit Computers (FRT) on Bawsaq before the mission. After the mission, wait 6-10 hours for it to hit 50% return, then get it back and invest everyone's into Facade (FAC) on Bawsaq. Wait 2 days for it to hit max value, which is 33%.

For the
Bus Assassination
, don't make any investments before the mission. After the mission, invest all money into Vapid (VAP) on Bawsaq. Wait 2 days for it to hit 100% return then sell the stocks.

For the last assassination, invest all 3 in Gold Coast (GCD) on LCN before starting the mission. After the mission, wait a day for the max return of 80%, then sell all of the stocks.

After that you should be good to go.

Wow. Shit's deep man. Thanks for the thorough explanation. But how would you know all of this if you've never played the game before? Is the whole concept you just described explained in any way by the game itself? They must hold your hand somehow you would think?

Labrys

Wow. Shit's deep man. Thanks for the thorough explanation. But how would you know all of this if you've never played the game before? Is the whole concept you just described explained in any way by the game itself? They must hold your hand somehow you would think?

No problemo.
Lester alludes to what ones to invest in when the mission starts, which helps with getting Franklin to invest but leaves you unable to invest with Michael or Trevor. I think the process is also explained a little towards the beginning if my memory serves me right (around the mission where
Michael assassinates the lifehacker CEO on televion
), or there's a random event that you can do that sets you up with tips/stocks (guy needs drive to airport). Besides that it's kind of trial and error figuring out maximum returns and stuff.

Something also worth noting is outside of the story missions, the Bawsaq is totally driven by the players/community, while LCN is all in-game and you have to predict the trends to make money.

Sarcasm

Online and load times suuuck.

Why does it take forever to load anything? By the time I load I get kicked and have to load again.

And online isn't enjoyable if people you know that played it don't anymore. I've only done like 4 heists ever since the PC release and haven't been able to even get one going. Tried with randoms, most cheat - many more just suck. I know I suck cause you can't learn when you don't get to actually try/play heists.

I just want to play some heists, it is all I ask for. Not take about 4 hours of my day with mainly loading and failed groups. Loading takes up more than 50% of that time, from my notes I took.

Vuze

Online and load times suuuck.

Why does it take forever to load anything? By the time I load I get kicked and have to load again.

And online isn't enjoyable if people you know that played it don't anymore. I've only done like 4 heists ever since the PC release and haven't been able to even get one going. Tried with randoms, most cheat - many more just suck. I know I suck cause you can't learn when you don't get to actually try/play heists.

I just want to play some heists, it is all I ask for. Not take about 4 hours of my day with mainly loading and failed groups. Loading takes up more than 50% of that time, from my notes I took.
Same here. I've tried to clear the second fucking heist today with a friend and I couldn't even get one single of the three preparation missions (Prisonbreak Station, it's apparently the easiest one of the pack too...) done with two randoms. At this point I wouldn't even mind if they had invincibility on or sth so they wouldn't die and thus fail. They don't communicate either.

But apart from that I've had quite a bit of fun with my friend in our private lobby. Sucks that some missions require >2 players.

Can't believe I waited this long to get into modding V.

Spawning as a hawk and flying around is amazing. You can cruise high and watch the fog roll into the city, just observing the environment, or swoop down and fly alongside trains and through tunnels. Buzzing the ocean while checking out the sunset is also cool. Best bird flight simulator ever!

gta52015-08-3020-08-3znaow.jpg

gta52015-08-3000-54-1afx5m.jpg

Dries

Can't believe I waited this long to get into modding V.

Spawning as a hawk and flying around is amazing. You can cruise high and watch the fog roll into the city, just observing the environment, or swoop down and fly alongside trains and through tunnels. Buzzing the ocean while checking out the sunset is also cool. Best bird flight simulator ever!

Where can the best mods be found? And does GTA have some easy thing like Nexus Mod Manager to install them?

Where can the best mods be found? And does GTA have some easy thing like Nexus Mod Manager to install them?

The authority is https://www.gta5-mods.com/

Yeah, there are mod managers. I don't know exactly how they work for mods that change textures, since you have to open the game's archives in OpenIV and replace files, but you can check it out. Just search "mod manager" on the site.

For adding the trainer you're just copying a few files into the game directory though, so it's not necessary.

I used good ol' Script Hook + Native Trainer: https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/script-hook-v

However, this one looks like it has more options (Los Customs mods on the fly!) so I'll probably switch: https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/pc-trainer-v

Vuze

The authority is https://www.gta5-mods.com/

Yeah, there are mod managers. I don't know exactly how they work for mods that change textures, since you have to open the game's archives in OpenIV and replace files, but you can check it out. Just search "mod manager" on the site.

For adding the trainer you're just copying a few files into the game directory though, so it's not necessary.

I used good ol' Script Hook + Native Trainer: https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/script-hook-v

However, this one looks like it has more options (Los Customs mods on the fly!) so I'll probably switch: https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/pc-trainer-v

Enhanced Native Trainer is my personal go-to trainer. Probably not as comprehensive as PC Trainer V but much more comfortable in terms of UI.

Daffy Duck

so, I should be getting this game later, a few questions:

1) How easy is it to install these real life cars? They look amazing!!!
2) The stockmarket glitch that allowed you to buy shares and sell them and make insane amounts of money quickly, is this fixed?
3) If the above is fixed can I use the Lester missions to get my billions?

Sarcasm

so, I should be getting this game later, a few questions:

1) How easy is it to install these real life cars? They look amazing!!!
2) The stockmarket glitch that allowed you to buy shares and sell them and make insane amounts of money quickly, is this fixed?
3) If the above is fixed can I use the Lester missions to get my billions?

If 2 & 3 is about single player, it has been toned down. You can still make money off of it though but it won't be like before (on the PS3/360 I believe).

Daffy Duck

Is it possible to install from DVD (that's the version I'll get) and play it in the default state then patch it once I have my billions?

Almost bought from GMG for $40 but realized that it is a R* Social Club redemption code and not Steam. What are the implications of going that route?

phaze

Question: I just did the
chemical weapon heist
. Can anyone tell me how far am I into the game and how long I've got left ?

I asked this in the GTA Online Console thread by mistake.

I just bought the PC version on tuesday and I've really wanted to do the lowrider missions, but I've kind of wanted to run with people who can put up with my newness.

Anyone willing to do that?

Sarcasm

I asked this in the GTA Online Console thread by mistake.

I just bought the PC version on tuesday and I've really wanted to do the lowrider missions, but I've kind of wanted to run with people who can put up with my newness.

Anyone willing to do that?

You have a better chance now than before with people putting up with stuff.

zma1013

Lmao, the lowriders sit so low no matter what you do you always have to pay a repair fee as it hits the slight incline when pulling into Benny's shop. So dumb.

Lmao, the lowriders sit so low no matter what you do you always have to pay a repair fee as it hits the slight incline when pulling into Benny's shop. So dumb.

I always jack it up when driving (hold RB for a second on a controller) it puts the suspension all the way up, otherwise it just drags down the street and gets caught on everything lol.

zma1013

I always jack it up when driving (hold RB for a second on a controller) it puts the suspension all the way up, otherwise it just drags down the street and gets caught on everything lol.

No I mean the actual cutscene showing the car driving into the shop and there's this awful scraping sound and I see the back of my car hit the incline. I think this is what is doing it. I've jacked the car up before drove it all the way there without hitting a thing and I still have to pay $1000 for repair. I've even just had the mechanic spawn the car outside the shop to try to do it that way and same thing happens. Also, the cutscenes forces the cars into the down position. I've got 2 cars that do this, the Faction and the Buccaneer.

Also, this patch has trashed the game for me. Glitches all over the place, traffic appearing out of thin air quite frequently, lower framerates, and hard crashes that I have to restart the entire computer to fix.

Hzoltan69

I'm about to finish the SP story and would like to get into the online part soon. Requested an invite to the crew on the Rockstar page - I don't know if it is the right way to do it.
Is anybody here willing to help a noob get to know the ropes?

Quick question about online character transfer. I just transferred my character to PC from PS4 (had previously transferred from PS3 to PS4). My baja bug is gone :(

I opened a tkt with rockstar support.. sounds like this is a common issue?

I might just go track down a new off road car. I really liked doing jumps in the desert with the bug. What other cars are really fun off road? Sandking was excellent too.

kagamin

I'm about to finish the SP story and would like to get into the online part soon. Requested an invite to the crew on the Rockstar page - I don't know if it is the right way to do it.
Is anybody here willing to help a noob get to know the ropes?

I was wondering the same thing about requesting an invite to the crew.

I guess I should've been posting here instead of the current gen OT, this OT needs more action.

I "upgraded" from PS3 to the PC version a couple weeks ago and some annoyances aside (like tire smoke of several cars being changed to purple) it in some ways feels like a whole new game with the greatly improved visuals and especially running a mostly stable 60FPS, my eyes use to kind of bug out at times before which might've been due to that frame rate.

Now if only there weren't so many "modders" and I imagine what I encountered was from the person who was in my dead lobby. I had four stars gained from entering the prison, drove back to the city in my armored Kuruma on the highway to find I was being shot at by guys in a T20 and another in a Zentorno, I shot the crap out of them and at first I thought they were other players off the radar until I saw it was only me and this other person. They wouldn't die despite how many rounds from the AP pistol I shot into their heads so I ran as that person left and went into the train tunnel in front of the Alta apartments. One followed and I stopped and the SWAT member got out of his T20 and I ran him over and parked on him which eventually killed the SWAT guy, tried to get into the car but I'd get kicked out after sitting in it.

That was... Interesting.

so i'm finally planning to jump back into this game.

originally played through on the PS3... purchased the PC version at launch, but never got around to playing it again. are there any essential mod's at this point?

RedSwirl

Will the DVD-ROM version of this game ever not be $59.99? My data cap is the main reason I haven't bought it yet at all.

GKB

NTAuthority is sued by Rockstar, the development of FiveM is being shut down.

Sad, i'd like to host my own server :/

NTAuthority is sued by Rockstar, the development of FiveM is being shut down.

Sad, i'd like to host my own server :/

*Take-Two

Yeah, what they were doing with that wasn't going to stand it's basically in the same legal area as private servers with MMOs, publishers/developers aren't going to stand by and let a third party potentially hurt their bottom line. Seems he has a history of getting in trouble with publishers for this sort of thing.

GKB

*Take-Two

Yeah, what they were doing with that wasn't going to stand it's basically in the same legal area as private servers with MMOs, publishers/developers aren't going to stand by and let a third party potentially hurt their bottom line. Seems he has a history of getting in trouble with publishers for this sort of thing.

The reason i'm excited by FiveM is because i can't stand how grindy the game is. Want to buy that car? Oh, it'll cost you several millions. Meanwhile the average payout from a contact mission is only 20k.

But yeah, how else would they sell shark cards.

shagia

this OT really does need some more action, so I'm just gonna bump it

New executives update came out today, I haven't checked everything out besides the new homes and cars. I bought a custom apartment and frankly, it's something I didn't expect, but more just different skins and placement for your apartment. The other new homes look real nice though, still wish there were more homes to buy outside of Los Santos but this update cures my thoughts for more homes.

I also bought the Declasse Mamba, wild thing for a Sports Classic car. It kicks in accel pretty nice, but as expected, the grip is almost non-existent on the thing, still a very nice Sports Classic car.

mkenyon

Banned
Have the cheating issues been resolved on GTA online? Last time I went online it was insane!
I'm curious about this as well. It would be the difference between me installing the game for the update or not.

And that's no small task, considering the amount of space it requires during the install.

Top Bottom