• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

Syder

Does the PC version work with Windows 10?
Yes. You might want to be careful about mod use though; people have been banned for having singleplayer mods installed when going online, issues with the PC version are kind of random, you may have a flawless experience or you may not.

Thorgal

Yes. You might want to be careful about mod use though; people have been banned for having singleplayer mods installed when going online, issues with the PC version are kind of random, you may have a flawless experience or you may not.

thats R* policy though

You are free to mod whatever in the singleplayer we don't care as long as you don't come into Online with them

Is the gaf crew still open ? I asked for an invite for over a year now and it seems none has accepted me yet ? Ang gaf peeps playing this still ?

Paasei

I am so angry with this game when it comes to online. It just fails to work for me every single time.

I start up the game, load myself to the Online service, which takes way too damn long to begin with. Then there's a chance it will actually fail and sends you back to the SP so you can go through the menu to start over, instead of just "Would like to search for a new session?"

If you actually get yourself a jobby/job/mission/heist you need to wait another 15min to get players in. The time span where people join is so far apart that some of them leave as well, because their patience will run out. Great, start all over yet again.

If you get heard by God and actually get to start anything, one guy well mess it up (sometimes even on purpose) people instantly leave, and there you go, start all over yet again.

I got extremely lucky once (that is what I have realized now), by getting a heist crew with people from Ngaf. If I can ever do that again and actually buy some cool stuff for once, all these issues might have been worth it.

I really need to blow off some steam right now, which is why I post it here, but goddamn my experience with this game Online has been absolutely miserable since I have it on my PC.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I decided I was finally going to plow through this game, but I'm getting cutscene stutter when I never used to when it originally came out. Wasn't this supposed to be fixed in one of the later updates?

Ullus

Did the newest update ruin performance for anyone else? I run out of memory with just the game open, before the valentine update I could have chrome, spotify and a video playing without problems.

Vuze

Did the newest update ruin performance for anyone else? I run out of memory with just the game open, before the valentine update I could have chrome, spotify and a video playing without problems.
I've just played two hours of GTA Online yesterday and everything is fine for me, no memory leaks (Firefox/Thunderbird/Tweetdeck open, 16GB RAM, didn't pay attention to the game usage) or stutter - even a tiny bit smoother than before but that might be the effect of my recent CPU upgrade.

We need one player to do a Mastermind run with us. We can bring a relatively new player up to speed if they're willing to learn. Anyone interested?

I really hope this question can get a response or two..

Is there any way to make people shut the fuck up when they're in my car during a mission? I would much rather listen to "I Got 5 on It" blaring in my headphones when I'm driving around than the more often than not trivial shit the chars are talking about. I adore this game and I'm playing through it for my second time (1st time was on ps3 so PC is an immense upgrade). But... I dealt with this for an entire playthrough, all I ask is that they shut up for the 2 minute drive so I can bump some tunes

Vic_Viper

Looking for the best deal online to buy GTAV for PC. If I buy the Rockstar social club version can I download it with Steam? Does it come with a Steam key? Or do I have to use their service to download?

Can't believe all the additions they've made to the PC version recently. The new Race track stuff is what sold me. Played through the game originally on PS3 but didn't get into the online stuff back then since it was such a mess. Now I can't wait to check it out.

They can't be linked as in you can't buy a copy with the Rockstar key and put it into Steam for it to work. Don't believe it matters if you get the Steam version or the other version either way you're tied to Rockstar's DRM and social club stuff. It depends on how important Steam integration is, you can add a short cut in Steam but unless you want to be able to use Steam's chat functions it's kinda pointless. It seems to go on sale between $30-$35 fairly frequently and it probably will be again before too long.

Vic_Viper

TBH I would just rather use Steams download manager. Makes my life so much easier. I'd grab the DVD version if I wanted the social club version, just wish they would allow steam link like every other game that's not an mmo.

Vic_Viper

Just picked this up last night on Steam and played through the openning/tutorial. Ive got a question about the first person camera settings. Is there anyway to have it switch to first person view whenever I got to shoot? I would like to be able to use the first person view whenever I go to aim a weapon if possible. Kinda want the Deus Ex style camera where whenever im in cover its 3rd person but when I aim it switches to first person if possible.

HelloMeow

Just picked this up last night on Steam and played through the openning/tutorial. Ive got a question about the first person camera settings. Is there anyway to have it switch to first person view whenever I got to shoot? I would like to be able to use the first person view whenever I go to aim a weapon if possible. Kinda want the Deus Ex style camera where whenever im in cover its 3rd person but when I aim it switches to first person if possible.

No, but you can set it to go to 3rd person mode while in cover. You can also set it to remember different settings for vehicles. I think it's all in camera settings.

Vic_Viper

ok thanks, guess Ill just have to switch each time which isnt a big deal. Dont like the 3rd person cover camera because it stays like that when aiming.

Are the new cars and stuff that were added recently to GTA Online also available in the Single Player game too?

Vuze

Are the new cars and stuff that were added recently to GTA Online also available in the Single Player game too?
Only using trainers / spawn menus. Not very intrusive mods, just two or three files that are placed in the GTAV folder and can be removed at any time.

Raptomex

With 30gb of RAM, i7-6700K, and a 980ti, I should be able to run this at 1080p 60, right? I'm trying to get it running smooth. I can lower things but I prefer to keep draw distance and pee/vehicle density maxed.

KurtFehl

With 30gb of RAM, i7-6700K, and a 980ti, I should be able to run this at 1080p 60, right? I'm trying to get it running smooth. I can lower things but I prefer to keep draw distance and pee/vehicle density maxed.

Like mentioned before, "easily", but you might have to keep the advanced settings low - medium

Hey GTAV Gaf, I have a quick question. When the PC version was just coming out, there was some business about having Rockstar Social Club account linked to a PlayStation or Xbox account and getting some bonus / things. It was some cars / vehicles and some currency, I can't remember.

Is that still a thing? Internet searches have failed me :(

I just want to know if it's worth it to borrow a copy from someone and attach it to the account somehow before starting lol. I might be overthinking this.

Xdrive05

Sorry for the bump, but tech question. I just bought this on Steam. Finished downloading about two hours ago, and immediately tried to play it. Some Rockstar window popped up, then it went to the launcher. It's been "stuck" on the launcher window for two hours with the while "Loading..." banner at the bottom, and a spinning wheel. Is it installing or something? There's no progress bar so I don't know if this is normal or not for this game running from Steam. Thanks for the help. Not sure if I should interrupt it and try again or not!

Top Bottom