• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H3H3Productions |OT| Reppin' the Naysh \//\

Nasbin

I'm no conspiracy nut and full disclosure know people who work with Jack at the WSJ, but some of this is pretty damning.

Especially the two screenshots that have the same view count on different ads.

Have you ever used Youtube before? I can't believe people are falling for this view count shit in 2017. View counts don't update in real time. h3h3 HAS to be smarter than this.

I am blown away by the internet's willingness to embrace reckless stupidity so long as it aligns with a popular narrative (plucky youtubers fighting trad media + the growing alt-right infection = top 2 r/all for hours).

Tubie

07-minister.jpg

You can tell he's taking that L hard.

I almost feel bad cause I used to love the channel so much when it was just about goofs and gaffs.

Ethan is way out of his league when he does this kind of video, and this time it actually came back to bite them hard. They lost ALL credibility.

The goofs and gaffs are long gone from this channel

I started watching H3 maybe like close to a year ago thanks to SalsaShark and Fat4all linking his videos.

How in the fuck did all this go so crazy in that short amount of time?

Like, Ethan was awesome for bringing shit like the CS:GO lottery scam to light for a lot of people, and I was kind of hoping he wasn't gonna go farther than that unless he had a lot of integrity and evidence on something he was exposing.

I still love the guy (and Hila) but man, I don't know. :/

I think his heart is in the right place but he's gotta know when to cool his heels.

Chumley

Banned
I started watching H3 maybe like close to a year ago thanks to SalsaShark and Fat4all linking his videos.

How in the fuck did all this go so crazy in that short amount of time?

Like, Ethan was awesome for bringing shit like the CS:GO lottery scam to light for a lot of people, and I was kind of hoping he wasn't gonna go farther than that unless he had a lot of integrity and evidence on something he was exposing.

I still love the guy (and Hila) but man, I don't know. :/

I think his heart is in the right place but he's gotta know when to cool his heels.

The fame rotted out his brain. The sad thing is as soon as he moved to LA I knew this shit was going to happen, I just didn't know it would get this bad this fast.

Button

Banned
07-minister.jpg

You can tell he's taking that L hard.

I almost feel bad cause I used to love the channel so much when it was just about goofs and gaffs.

Ethan is way out of his league when he does this kind of video, and this time it actually came back to bite them hard. They lost ALL credibility.

No kidding. I used to love h3h3, AND JonTron. I was so happy when they started making content together when h3h3 moved to New York:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aseiV6djenM

To think that these days JonTron has been exposed as a racist fuck and Ethan is being so shady... Damn. A mess.

Man, I feel for Ethan, but this was dumb to ever even get involved in. No matter how personal it is or how it may screw with your livelihood it feels a little wrong to throw fuel on the fire of the whole "fake news" shit. For it to be thrown together and so quickly disputed makes it even worse.

Even before it got taken down and disputed it just felt wrong.

Come on, Ethan...

Have you ever used Youtube before? I can't believe people are falling for this view count shit in 2017. View counts don't update in real time. h3h3 HAS to be smarter than this.

just for shits and giggles i went to the newest pewdiepie video and auto refreshed it for 5 minutes.

views stayed the same. got around 1 refresh a second which means i had 300 chances for an adplay.

10 minutes later views are still the same.

I am blown away by the internet's willingness to embrace reckless stupidity so long as it aligns with a popular narrative (plucky youtubers fighting trad media + the growing alt-right infection = top 2 r/all for hours).

YouTube view counts used to update in real time years ago when I last checked after 301 views. I haven't spent time refreshing a YouTube video to watch the count increase recently.

I'll take the L on this one though.

Risette

A Good Citizen
He started going down a weird path once that Hugh Mungus video hit it big. I didn't think much of it at the time cause that lady in the video was obviously crazy and worth laughing at, but it got him in with a weird (bad) audience.

go back to vaping and bradberry dunking pls

He started going down a weird path once that Hugh Mungus video hit it big. I didn't think much of it at the time cause that lady in the video was obviously crazy and worth laughing at, but it got him in with a weird (bad) audience.

go back to vaping and bradberry dunking pls

The Hugh Mungus video got him a lot of recognition from anti feminists and the lot, and he's been pandering to that crowd for a while now.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
When your fan base has turned so shitty that you gotta tell them to not send death threats to the man you sent 3 million people to harass.

HOygsvV.png

Tubie

They decided to make Youtube the way they make a living, and that came with pros and cons.

When Youtube gets fucked, they get fucked too, this was always part of the bargain when you accepted nearly 100% of your income would come from Youtube ads.

Youtubers, just like any retail worker are not owed anything, and they have to realize the company they work for might go under or decide to downsize at anytime.

Welcome to the real world Ethan.

Ethan actually is not responsible for the actions of his fans unless Ethan explicitly said "These companies need to be attacked" and made a call for action to his fans. From the videos I watched, he didn't make a call to action for his fans to harass these companies. Its respectable that he called out a couple of fans who were making threats, but its not his responsibility.

Bacon

Ethan actually is not responsible for the actions of his fans unless Ethan explicitly said "These companies need to be attacked" and made a call for action to his fans. From the videos I watched, he didn't make a call to action for his fans to harass these companies. Its respectable that he called out a couple of fans who were making threats, but its not his responsibility.

Yeah I'm sure these people would have been calling for this random journalist to kill himself without Ethan making videos calling out this specific journalist. Completely unrelated.

Einchy

That's your opinion but that's not one that Ethan shares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tethcTt1k18&feature=youtu.be&t=313

Anyone who has been on the internet for more than a day knows that if you have a huge audience, and you publicly shit on a person, your audience will attack that person. He knew what was going to happen and it happened.

Chumley

Banned

Fucking bullshit, he made a video tearing down a specific person. If he was a professional journalist he'd know how to take organizations to task without inciting witch hunts.

People said the same thing about Milo with Leslie Jones. "He's not responsible!"

Yes he is. GTFO with this weak shit.

Tubie

https://youtu.be/tethcTt1k18?t=302

They know what they are doing when they are making a video calling someone out, that video proves it. They know the consequences.

But I am sure you saw this video and choose to ignore it, cause it's too inconvenient.

Einchy

Fucking bullshit, he made a video tearing down a specific person. If he was a professional journalist he'd know how to take organizations to task without inciting witch hunts.

People said the same thing about Milo with Leslie Jones. "He's not responsible!"

Yes he is. GTFO with this weak shit.

Yup.

If his issue was with the organization, then talk about the organization, instead he went after the author of the piece over and over.

[edit]

Lol @ the idea that these companies are hurting cus they're showing less ads on Youtube.

UqxnC4N.png

I really wish someone would talk to Ethan and slap him back into reality.

Tubie

Yup.

If his issue was with the organization, then talk about the organization, instead he went after the author of the piece over and over.
Even making him seem like he was jerking himself off in a basement, just for doing research.

Something Ethan should've done (the research).

Ethan spent a whole video ragging on this specific dude instead of keeping it aimed at an organization. These fans didn't find the writer through research, he posted the authors Twitter information multiple times in the video. How are you going to try and attempt to distance Ethan from his fans actions with a straight face?

Izuna

Banned
Wow, he's literally in defence of racist videos now, if only to prove a point that he shouldn't be part of the collateral

I checked the channel for any recent vids because the WAN show talked about YouTube's steps to stop this issue, and he hasn't uploaded anything, just been a prick on twitter

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
What the fuck is he doing with Tai Lopez. I get JoeySalads because he called him out. I sorta get Keemstar. But him? What's next? SoFlo?

Tai: "More money, more......"

Problems?

"more....."

Problems?

"headaches!"

What that was the one thing you couldn't repeat and tell us how someone else said it once?

All the lawyers following Ethan around was kinda funny but other than that the video with Tai was kinda boring. I fast forwarded through the last 5 minutes or so

Top Bottom