• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hannibal S3 |OT| Man Destroys God. Hannibal Eats Man. Hannibal Inherits The Earth.

berzeli

Banned
So series 3 finally arrived on a service which I can use (Netflix, might just be in the Nordics for now), and I've watched the first three episodes.

As much as I felt saddened by its cancellation I am amazed by how it even ended up on a broadcast network in the first place. It looks, sounds and plays out like nothing else on television.
Now to binge the rest of the season before I end up reading a spoiler or two.

Monocle

So series 3 finally arrived on a service which I can use (Netflix, might just be in the Nordics for now), and I've watched the first three episodes.

As much as I felt saddened by its cancellation I am amazed by how it even ended up on a broadcast network in the first place. It looks, sounds and plays out like nothing else on television.
You're in for a great experience.

Sirenja

Banned

You're in for a great experience.

Have fun you are in for a ride :)

giphy.gif

TheOddOne

Oh, hey guys.

- EW: Amazing Stories being revived at NBC with Hannibal boss
A new version of Amazing Stories is in the works.

The anthology series is now in development at NBC with Hannibal showrunner Bryan Fuller, EW has learned exclusively.

Fuller will executive produce and write a pilot script for the project – an hourlong weekly anthology series telling fantastic, strange and supernatural stories.

The 1985 original ran for two seasons and was created and executive produced by Steven Spielberg, who we’re hearing is not involved in the reboot. The series earned 12 Emmy nominations and received five awards.

Amazing Stories will be produced by Universal Television with Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank (Under the Dome, Extant) serving as executive producers along with Fuller.

This will mark Fuller’s first series project for NBC since the acclaimed Hannibal, which ran for three seasons and concluded this summer. Fuller is also showrunning the upcoming Starz fantasy series American Gods, based on Neil Gaiman’s novel.

Man

Just saw the finale.

It was amazing.
My opinion of season 3 is pretty much in line with most. The second half was clearly the better as it dragged way too much in Europe. Episode 7 was a Great flip. The Finale ending absolutely beautiful. Even though I'm very sad season 4 is not happening it was a Good and Worthy ending. The highlight of the whole show for me is the season 2 finale.

This is so weird. But then again, anthologies seem to be all the rage these days.

I've never heard of it. And I haven't seen a good SciFi anthology since The Outer Limits.

But he's only doing a pilot and High Moon was also a pilot, so it's not exactly hit guaranteed. Then again, I got the feeling High Moon wasn't meant as a serious offer.

Just wanted to mention that Nina Arianda has a fairly big role in Master of None episode 3. She's fantastic--plays this obnoxious, kinda neurotic date. She reminded me of a real world version of Kimmy Schmidt, haha.

-griffy-

Banned
Just wanted to mention that Nina Arianda has a fairly big role in Master of None episode 3. She's fantastic--plays this obnoxious, kinda neurotic date. She reminded me of a real world version of Kimmy Schmidt, haha.
Watching that episode now. I don't know what Will Graham saw in her.

-griffy-

Banned
This Master of None shit is crossing too many TV show streams at this point now that freaking Noah Emmerich showed up as Claire Danes' husband, and Claire Danes' character is named Nina.

Haha thanks! I didn't expect it to get any press!
Also I'm not supposed to tell anyone but our fave showrunner has backed the highest tier lol

I'm getting one because, well, how can that not be on my goddamn coffee table?

Even better knowing a gaffer is in it.

So with an original goal of $16,000, RAW got funded for $97,000!

Here's the stretch goals we're getting--wonder if they'll have any other surprises, given the funds.

($18,000 -- ACHIEVED) The stickers will be 3"x3", and every backer who buys a physical book will receive two additional stickers: embossed metallic certificate seals of the design pictured below!
83ed7802a9d743766bf4a6a9aac31a52_original.png

($20,000 -- ACHIEVED) A clear spot-gloss blood splatter will be added to the cover.
($24,000 -- ACHIEVED) RAW: A Hannibal/Will Fanthology is now hardcover!
($26,000 -- ACHIEVED) The mini-prints will be enlarged to 8"x10", and every book will sport a luxurious sewn-in red satin ribbon bookmark.
($28,000 -- ACHIEVED) Every physical copy of the book will come with a letterpress-printed bookplate, designed & illustrated by Aimee Fleck.
($32,000 -- ACHIEVED) Every physical copy of the book will come with one 1.25" soft enamel gold lapel pin, of the design pictured below.
ebd70200b2464c1539f4799ca30a70e2_original.png

BELIEVE

Martha [De Laurentiis] and I keep talking... I would love to let the show lie low for a few years, treat it like Sherlock on BBC. And then relaunch with Hannibal: Silence of the Lambs.

We can reapply for the rights in two years and see what we could get going. For me as a fan of Thomas Harris I want to see Mads Mikkelsen [do that story]. There are some ways to make a meal of that story for a TV series. Silence of the Lambs is a perfect film, there's not going to be a better film. And MGM feels the same way. So we would do it the same way we did Red Dragon... we'd flash back to him finding out about Jame Gumb.

...in two years.

Top Bottom