• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hannibal S3 |OT| Man Destroys God. Hannibal Eats Man. Hannibal Inherits The Earth.

It's all about securing the rights to Silence of the Lambs. They get that, and they exploit the hell out of the legacy. Make sure the series is called Silence of the Lambs. That makes it much easier for someone to fund it. If it's a mini-series, or even feature length, it wouldn't take up too much of Fuller's time no matter how busy he is.

I'm watching the series with my girlfriend. At the rate we're going, maybe we'll finish season three when season 4 will be starting up . . .

Let us have this, Bryan!

S.Holmes

Banned
Never watched this series. Before you go ''watch it..NOW !'' I want to ask..is it very bloody ? Dark ? Like cannibalism, cutting body parts or stuff. I have a fairly low tolerance for stuff like that.

icespide

Banned
Never watched this series. Before you go ''watch it..NOW !'' I want to ask..is it very bloody ? Dark ? Like cannibalism, cutting body parts or stuff. I have a fairly low tolerance for stuff like that.

the shows probably not for you. there is some gnarly imagery in this show

bebop242

Prob not a good show for you. All I can say is that its not cheap and sloppy, its the artiest gore and cannibalism stuff you'll ever have seen.

It's very bloody and very visually disturbing throughout. It's very stylised for the most part though, so it might not have the impact on you that you might expect.

KYoSuQ9.gif

Goldrush

At this point, is it safe to say that we probably won't get a series boxset? Don't want to miss out on potential extra that might come with a complete series.

S.Holmes

Banned
Thanks for the answers. I just ordered it (fairly cheap anyway) mainly for Mikkelsen which is why I'm so torn but I think I'm just gonna bite the bullet and try to see if I can weather it as I've read a lot of good stuff about it who knows maybe it's not that bad (gore).

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Thanks for the answers. I just ordered it (fairly cheap anyway) mainly for Mikkelsen which is why I'm so torn but I think I'm just gonna bite the bullet and try to see if I can weather it as I've read a lot of good stuff about it who knows maybe it's not that bad (gore).

Err...good luck.

I think the most disturbing piece of violence I remember reacting to on the show featured zero gore. In fact, the camera wasn't even pointed at the act of violence, but instead on its perpetrator.

I think the most disturbing piece of violence I remember reacting to on the show featured zero gore. In fact, the camera wasn't even pointed at the act of violence, but instead on its perpetrator.
Yep. Similarly, Margot's "surgery" was the worst for me.

What's the scene you're referring to?

Worst part for me was
the guy who has to rip himself out of the flesh mural. When his back tears off.... I had my hands over my eyes.

Kuroyume

Banned
It will return. So much crap returns these days. Something good will return eventually. I just hope that if it ever does return it feels like the show I feel in love with and not something apeing it.

Monocle

Is it wrong I want these shows to tank for more Hannibal? No, it's not.
The thought had crossed my mind to be perfectly honest. I'd sacrifice Fuller's next five projects for a worthy continuation of Hannibal. I want the complete story.

I just hope that if it ever does return it feels like the show I feel in love with and not something apeing it.

I don't think there's any way this comes back in a few years, and with Hugh/Mads/Fuller intact, where it loses the magic. If one of those three don't come back with it, that's a dead giveaway disappointment's ahead.

I don't think there's any way this comes back in a few years, and with Hugh/Mads/Fuller intact, where it loses the magic. If one of those three don't come back with it, that's a dead giveaway disappointment's ahead.

We're living in an age where old shows are being resurrected every other year. Arrested Development (Season 4+more), Twin Peaks (new season), Deadwood (movie), etc. It's really not beyond possibility, especially since the show is already well-regarded and has the chance to gain an even larger following over the next few years.

Omg what a tease. I really wasn't holding any hope anymore after they sold off most of the stuff. Still trying to not have any hope. Damn you Mads.

We're living in an age where old shows are being resurrected every other year. Arrested Development (Season 4+more), Twin Peaks (new season), Deadwood (movie), etc. It's really not beyond possibility, especially since the show is already well-regarded and has the chance to gain an even larger following over the next few years.

I have doubts whether it will get a significantly larger exposure in the upcoming years. I think plenty knew it, but just weren't interested and a few extra years are probably not going to make a difference. But the streaming services have been picking up all kinds of stuff, so who knows.

We are moving some older tv threads, including this one, over to the Community forum. Please use subscriptions to stay up to date and involved going forward. If you have any questions or comments, send me a PM.

I have doubts whether it will get a significantly larger exposure in the upcoming years. I think plenty knew it, but just weren't interested and a few extra years are probably not going to make a difference. But the streaming services have been picking up all kinds of stuff, so who knows.

As I said earlier, they should secure the rights to Silence of the Lambs. Use the legacy of the film to promote the new series. Don't sell it as a continuation of the TV series. There is no need, the fans will know it is, and it would hurt it getting new fans. Make it an event. I guess it could be considered a reboot.

All coming back with the same casts and people soooooo not really arguing against my point??? Like I said, you wanna know it comes back and is bad, take away Hugh or Mads or Fuller

beat

The thought had crossed my mind to be perfectly honest. I'd sacrifice Fuller's next five projects for a worthy continuation of Hannibal. I want the complete story.

I love Hannibal but I would sacrifice it for a satisfactory completion (say, two-four more seasons) of Pushing Daisies.

All coming back with the same casts and people soooooo not really arguing against my point??? Like I said, you wanna know it comes back and is bad, take away Hugh or Mads or Fuller

The show won't exist without Mads or Fuller.

Before Season 3 ended, I would have said it would be okay without Dancy. Fuller said (years ago) that he'd like to do Silence and focus on Clarice, having Will in a supplemental/secondary role. Dancy in for a handful of episodes, with Mads reprising a role he is known to love, a new protagonist in Clarice, and Fuller helming=well within the realm of possibility.

I think Fuller, more than anyone else, is the real question mark. I could see him handing off something like Star Trek after a few seasons. Not sure about American Gods, though.

Just got my RAW anthology. Didn't realize it's basically all post-S3 shipping.

idontknowwhatiexpected.gif

Still, the book itself looks fantastic and the art is great!

As I said earlier, they should secure the rights to Silence of the Lambs. Use the legacy of the film to promote the new series. Don't sell it as a continuation of the TV series. There is no need, the fans will know it is, and it would hurt it getting new fans. Make it an event. I guess it could be considered a reboot.

Yes. This.

I had missed the interview with Mikkelson. Man. I so want a continuation. Like Vistra said: call it Silence of the Lambs and market it as a new show, even though it's totally the same show. It goes without saying that they need to secure the rights. Do we know for how long that other network has the rights? As far as I know, they haven't even made their show about Clarice.

Kuroyume

Banned
http://collider.com/hannibal-season-4-bryan-fuller/

At the 42nd Saturn Awards in Burbank, California, our own Steve Weintraub was able to speak to Hannibal creator and showrunner Bryan Fuller about whether or not we Fannibals should continue to have any hope for the future of the series — including new information on the exact date when we can start hoping for the return. The cast members were released from their contracts last year, making a return a little more difficult (since it would be an issue of timing), and Fuller took on the job not only of co-showrunning Starz’s American Gods series, but also CBS’s Star Trek series.

Don’t lose hope yet! Fuller told us firstly that both he and the main cast are ready to return, it’s just a question of timing.

“The cast is game, I’m game, it’s just a matter of finding the right time where everybody’s schedules sync up, but I would love to continue to tell the story with Hugh Dancy and Mads Mikkelsen. They’re such a fantastic collaborators, and one of the most satisfying actor-showrunner relationships I’ve ever had in this industry. So I would love to continue this story.”

He went on to say that he really hoped it would happen, and that he would be interested in a movie, but felt that a series would suit the storyline better. Still, one of the main issues is that it’s also a question of who owns what. When NBC cancelled the series, Amazon held the streaming rights, which precluded places like Netflix from picking it up (Amazon would have been the perfect place to continue the story, but alas). So what does that mean for the show’s future? Fuller told us

“Two years after the last airing of the show, we can investigate our options […] August 2017 is when we can actually start talking about it. That’s when we would have to see what the rights are for the character and for the story, and see who’s interested and how we get it done. I have the story, and the cast is excited for the story, so we’re ready to go if somebody wants to go.”

Love the passion fans, cast, and creators have for this show. Not having Hannibal on air this year fucking sucks. This time last year I had something great to watch.

Top Bottom