• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hardware sales from Germany from GfK:

Unfortunately only till (the end of, I guess) November 2005, but still:

VZD1.jpg

It's a bit small, but that's what I got out of it (if anybody has better eyes/better programs etc. correct me ^^):

PS2: ~3.3m
GBA (+ SP + Micro): ~2.5-2.6m
GCN: ~750-800k
Xbx: ~600k
NDS: ~300-350k (520k till the end of 2005)
PSP: ~150k

Discuss :p :D

Source: http://www.g-freaks.de/News/scarnews.php?sn_show_news=1239

Edit: I used the adress from the other thread for the picture :)

CoolTrick

Banned
It's great how on this board people only post sales numbers when it benefits their console.

You wouldn't be caught dead with Izzy ever posting this.

@CoolTrick What? Actually I have posted every fucking tidbit of information from german sales (guess where I come from ;) ), so that's ... a quite interesting ... accusation.

kia said:
It seems GC installed base isnt far behind Xbox one in Europe.

its only really in America that the Xbox has pulled away from the GC.
Didn't Reggie say they are the No2 console manufacturer in the world?

*Awaits Izzy's "PSP game makes it into top ten chart" thread

Majmun

A Link to the Past said:
Head starts can never be used as an argument unless the competition is catching up.

The chart is two months old. I would like to see more recent numbers.

And both systems are not that long in the market, so a headstart can make a big difference now.

@Defective Afaik GCN is no. 2 in France, but in Europe it's most likely no. 3 with 500k+ units behind Xbox, so ... hmm, they are probably quite near to each other but Xbox should have sold 1-2m more worldwide.

Btw. Nintendo reported 520k sold through DS till the end of 2005 for Germany, so I'll edit that in to the first post.

ioi

Banned
Great find Frankfuter!!

Interesting to note that PS2 had only done about 650k by Dec 01, 13 months since release and DS did 520k in 9 months... [/Izzy]

The Joker

Banned
Cool chart. Interesting how the DS really took off when the PSP got released.
Cosmozone said:
Wow @ PS2 dominance. I didn't expect that.
Well to be fair, the GBA is pretty close. It just seems like a huge gap as the GBA and GBA SP are listed individually.

Or are you referring to stationary consoles only? If so, I wonder why you didn't expect the PS2 to have a huge lead.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The Joker said:
Cool chart. Interesting how the DS really took off when the PSP got released.Well to be fair, the GBA is pretty close. It just seems like a huge gap as the GBA and GBA SP are listed individually.

Or are you referring to stationary consoles only? If so, I wonder why you didn't expect the PS2 to have a huge lead.
Because you suck at sarcasm? :)

The Joker

Banned
=P

I'm usually able to spot it, I guess this just didn't seem crazy enough to definitely be sarcasm.

Oh well, I blame it on my junior member status and the consequent fact that I don't really know this forum too well. >_>

cvxfreak

Pretty good GC sales. So France and Germany favor the GC, while the UK favors the Xbox (in the epic battle for second place).

bigNman

Im surprised(and a bit angry) the xbox lead in the uk resulted in so much more games being released from 3rd parties. I had thought the xbox was a solid 2nd across europe but it seems it aint. Suuppose america has a big say in it but im thinking of codemasters etc who completely ignored the cube.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
GCN was neglected by developers before sales fall below Xbox sales. Microsoft done a great job helping many developers to make thier games and they have done a great job on marketting.

But in the end, Nintendo kicked Gates' ass on profitability as ever, with and almost a tie in installed base.

(Microsoft loses were abismal, I remember 3 billions? Meanwhile Nintendo never lossed in an entire financial year. It's as simple as that.)

ioi

Banned
A Link to the Past said:
What were PSP's sales in December?

I'd guess less. The 350k estimate I made for Germany upto end of Dec is looking a little optimistic now... :lol

Wink

PS2 so far ahead is not a big surprise. The retail space for PS2 is as big as XBOX, GC, X360, GBA, DS and PSP together. Atleast in my city.
Things don't look as bad for Nintendo as I thought they would.

Stopsign said:
What is with all of the new Junior Members?

After months and years of constantly reading GAF, they now want to climb up in the hierarchy of gaming gods... or, well... atleast gods of talking about games.

Frankfurter said:

VKZ01.jpg

It's a bit small, but that's what I got out of it (if anybody has better eyes/better programs etc. correct me ^^):

Hmmmm..

This doesn't match up with Screen Digest's numbers from LAST MAY (2005), which also uses GFK for Germany. I recently saw another report which put the PS2 well over 4M units sold as of end of November. Also, the GBA numbers are nowhere near that big, so the GBA must have had a monster 2005.

That or these numbers are bunk.

sonycowboy said:
Yep. Just found a ~somewhat marketshare type set of numbers

PS2 installed base Western Europe - As of May 2005 (Eyeball numbers from a graph chart)
Region Units MarketShare
UK 7,150,000 27.82%
France 4,000,000 15.56%
Spain 3,900,000 15.18%
Germany 3,600,000 14.01%
Italy 3,000,000 11.67%
Scandanavia 1,900,000 7.39%
Other 2,150,000 8.37%
Totals 25,700,000

yilmazz

The numbers are ok for a PC gaming country I guess.. especially the DS is doing good when you count in the december sales.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
why did ioi cop a banning? He's like the dream team for the sales archive isn't he?

NWO

Frankfurter said:

VKZ01.jpg

So is Sony shipping all these PSPs to Izzy's basement or what? I mean their shipping numbers are so far off from the sold numbers its not even funny. I'm hoping for a price drop soon. :D

And so much for the Xbox is outselling the Gamecube in every country except for Japan argument.

fresquito

catfish said:
why did ioi cop a banning? He's like the dream team for the sales archive isn't he?
I don´t think someone can be the dream team for something, until he has multiple personalities, each one knowing a certain side of a certain matter :-/

However, I´d say he´s the wet dream for number geeks here :)

sonycowboy said:
Hmmmm..

This doesn't match up with Screen Digest's numbers from LAST MAY (2005), which also uses GFK for Germany. I recently saw another report which put the PS2 well over 4M units sold as of end of November. Also, the GBA numbers are nowhere near that big, so the GBA must have had a monster 2005.

That or these numbers are bunk.

Hmm, confusing indeed. Your numbers (from Screen Diggest) are definitely user base numbers (would be too loo otherwise), but the graph I posted (and which disappeared from the news @g-freaks.de *confused*) is also talking about sell throughs.

Edit: LOL! Sony cleared it up (a while ago ^^):

Sony stated that german PS2 sales have surpassed 4 million units on January 2nd with sales of 300,000 in December alone. So these numbers definitely don't match the GfK numbers I posted above, but I'm also not 100% sure if they fit yours (only 100k between June and November, but 300k in December?) :D

gopher

Banned
Frankfurter said:
Hmm, confusing indeed. Your numbers (from Screen Diggest) are definitely user base numbers (would be too loo otherwise), but the graph I posted (and which disappeared from the news @g-freaks.de *confused*) is also talking about sell throughs.

Edit: LOL! Sony cleared it up (a while ago ^^):

Sony stated that german PS2 sales have surpassed 4 million units on January 2nd with sales of 300,000 in December alone. So these numbers definitely don't match the GfK numbers I posted above, but I'm also not 100% sure if they fit yours (only 100k between June and November, but 300k in December?) :D

It's obvious Sony got confused with their own numbers regarding "shipped", shipped, shipped (no, really!), "sold" and sold. Seems no one knows the real numbers anymore! :/

;)

Top Bottom