• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN 2 |OT| One Does Not Simply Murder Sean Bean

BibiMaghoo

header%20logo%20%20gaf%20logo.png

PC / Playstation 4 / Xbox One
HITMAN 2 is the follow-up to the internationally acclaimed video game, HITMAN. Featuring entirely new hyper-detailed sandbox locations full of living, breathing environments to explore, HITMAN 2 offers players the freedom to plan the ultimate assassination utilising an assortment of tools, weapons, disguises and a variety of stealth techniques to creatively trigger their own unique chain of events.

HITMAN™ 2 takes players on a global adventure across a mix of bustling international locations, including a vibrant Miami setting with the colorful ambience of an in-progress motorsport race bringing a new backdrop to the series. From sun-drenched streets to dark and dangerous rainforests, each intricate location provides multiple paths to discover and unparalleled game depth.

Continuing the ultimate spy thriller story, HITMAN™ 2 allows players to take on the role of the masterful Agent 47 and embark on a mission to hunt the elusive Shadow Client and unravel his militia once and for all. However, when 47 learns the hidden truth about his past, nothing will ever be the same.

HITMAN™ 2 introduces new ways to play with the Sniper Assassin mode, a standalone feature that brings a co-op experience to the Hitman™ series for the first time, allowing two players to work together online to take down their targets. Sniper Assassin can also be enjoyed in a single player mode for those who want to play as Agent 47.

Sniper Assassin is available to play now as an early access bonus for consumers who pre-order the HITMAN™ 2 Standard, Gold or Collector’s Edition. The HITMAN™ 2 Standard Edition is available for pre-order now. The HITMAN™ 2 Gold Edition is available for pre-order now exclusively at GAME. The HITMAN™ 2 Collector’s Edition will be available for pre-order soon.

As an additional pre-order bonus, full game early access will be available for Gold or Collector’s Edition owners four days before release.

header%20Editions.png

versionsfinal.png

Collectors%20Ed.png

Header%201.jpg

locations%20bar.png

Hawkes Bay - New Zealand
Your mission brings you to the moonlit beaches and roaring waves off the coast of Hawke’s Bay, New Zealand. Enjoy a moonlit stroll and retire for the evening on the deck of a highly secured luxury beach house.

Miami - USA
Embark on a sun-drenched mission in Miami where you will attend the final hours of the Global Innovation Race – a motorsports event showcasing the very latest in modern car design. Join a crowd of thousands of excited spectators at the biggest racing event of the year.

Santa Fortuna - Columbia
Your mission takes you to the remote village of Santa Fortuna, entrenched deep inside the lush Colombian rainforest. Located at the foot of the infamous Delgado mansion, Santa Fortuna offers the discerning tourist everything from beautiful waterfalls to genuine spirit journeys and the chance to spend time with charming fishermen at the town’s local watering hole.

Mumbai - India
Nicknamed ‘City of Dreams’, Mumbai is a treat for any visiting traveler or agent on a mission. Lose yourself in the crowds of the city’s famous slums or admire Bollywood movie locations from afar; Mumbai will not disappoint with its colorful life and countless hidden secrets.

Whittleton Creek - USA
Welcome to picture perfect Whittleton Creek, USA – the quintessential American suburb. Experience wide roads flanked by yellowing maple trees, carefully groomed front yards and beautiful houses inhabited by neighborly people enjoying a quiet Saturday.

Isle of Sgail - North Atlantic
The Isle of Sgàil in the North Atlantic, is one of the most secretive places in the world…

Ghost Mode
HITMAN™ 2 introduces new ways to play with the brand-new Ghost Mode, IO Interactive’s unique take on 1-versus-1 multiplayer competition where gamers can put their assassination skills to the ultimate test. In Ghost Mode, two players compete against each other online, both as Agent 47, to assassinate the most targets faster and cleaner than their opponent, while utilising weapons, items, outfits and ghost crate supply drops to help accomplish the overall mission. Ghost Mode will be available for the Miami location when HITMAN™ 2 releases and will subsequently become available for additional locations post-launch.

Sniper Assassin

The franchise-first Sniper Assassin brings a co-op experience to the Hitman series for the first time, allowing two players to work together online to take down their targets. Sniper Assassin can be played solo as Agent 47 or cooperatively as one of two new operatives, Stone and Knight. The first map, which is set against the backdrop of a lush chateau in Himmelstein, Austria, will be available to all players, with more maps becoming available at a later date.

trailer%20header.jpg

Launch Trailer
HITMAN Perfected
How to HITMAN
Untouchable

Others
Halloween Pack
Ghost Mode
Tools of the Trade
World of Assassination

elusive%20header.png

Elusive Target # 1 – The Undying – Scheduled to Release on 20th November

Sean Bean will take on the role of Mark Faba, a former MI5 agent turned freelance assassin. Notoriously known as “The Undying”, Faba’s reputation as a master of faking his own death is second to none, ultimately causing the International Contract Agency (ICA) to put an imposing bounty on his head.

bean%203%20small.png
bean%202%20small.png

header%205.png

5.png
screen_01-h_1.png
6.png
2.png
3.png
4.png

Sniper Assassin Competition (Only open to certain countries/regions)

HITMAN Legacy Pack
Paris, Sapienza, Marrakesh, Bangkok, Colorado and Hokkaido – will be accessible as downloadable content and will incorporate various new features from Hitman 2, including a brand new progression system, addition of hiding in foliage and crowds displayed at improved fidelity, picture-in-picture mode, strategic use of mirrors, improved combat A.I., new gameplay items like the briefcase, dart gun, flash grenades, etc., new difficulty levels, and much more!

As new elements and game modes are continually added to Hitman 2, as well as the previous game’s locations, “World of Assassination” will offer a continuous experience that will never stop growing and never stop challenging players, defining the past, present and future of Hitman.

The Hitman Legacy Pack will be available to owners of the previous game for free. Owners of Season 1 can download the remastered and enhanced content once Hitman 2 launches without any additional costs.

Dra2rmCX4AAzxuo.jpg:large

Logotype_Hitman2_01.jpg

Good Luck Agent 47

Last edited:
Goddamit they brought back elusive targets. I loathe it when the game pressures you into it's schedule especially since I don't plan on getting anytime soon.
Is the season 1 port available at launch?

Last edited:

BibiMaghoo

Some reviews have landed:

Gamesbeat : 91
That’s the heart of Hitman: giving players the power to create their own stories. And that’s as big and powerful as ever in Hitman 2. So I don’t care if it’s not the newest thing in the world. It’s still one of the most solid and rewarding games you can get. And it’s an ideal antidote to games that are more obsessed with looking immersive than playing great.

USGamer : 90
Hitman 2 may just be more Hitman, but it's somehow even better than before. The levels are all fantastic, the assassinations possible are all clever (and silly), the satirical writing is at its best. The assassination sandbox has never been more satisfying, and its slight technical hiccups and lackluster multiplayer do little to hold back the baldest assassin of them all. Even in your sixth or so time prancing through a map, you're bound to discover a new opportunity, or a new potentially-weaponized surprise, around the corner.

Gamespot : 80
Hitman 2 is a familiar experience, but in the Hitman world, familiarity is an incredible strength.

IGN : 77
Hitman 2 doesn’t add much of note to the structure of its predecessor and thus feels more like Hitman 1.5 than a full-blown sequel. But that’s not a bad thing. By offering more of the deepest, fullest stealth sandboxes in gaming in one single package rather than six episodic ones, it earns its keep. The inclusion of Hitman (2016) is a bonus for those that didn’t catch the reboot initially. Here’s hoping they put more effort into the plot next time.

GamesRadar: 70
The quirks of what seem to be a last-minute rush out the door development strategy don’t detract from the fact that each Hitman 2 level is wonderfully crafted and full of potential for inventiveness… and silliness.

Currently at 81, so a touch lower than the previous game.

Inuteu

after seeing Stan Lee in the last spiderman game, Im a bit disapointed with how sean bean looks in this game

BONDO

Can someone explain how the co-op mode works? Is it two vs the npc scenarios?
This sounds awesome btw, good thread.

ExpandKong

Banned
Nice OP. Can’t wait to pick mine up tomorrow.

Wondering if save data from the first carries over to the remastered content on this one. Would love to clear some hard drive space.

BibiMaghoo

Nice OP. Can’t wait to pick mine up tomorrow.

Wondering if save data from the first carries over to the remastered content on this one. Would love to clear some hard drive space.

The last word I have seen on this says no, sadly. The content will need to be unlocked again via the new game.

Tygeezy

For anybody that has the pc version can you check to see if it allows simultaneous game-pad plus mouse keyboard support? If it does it should work really well on the steam controller which is always great with steam link on the couch.

Makariel

I'm slightly confused about the steam store page, is the pre-purchase offer of being able to play 4 days early open to all versions or only the "Gold" version?

BibiMaghoo

Can someone explain how the co-op mode works? Is it two vs the npc scenarios?
This sounds awesome btw, good thread.

The Co-op is just for Sniper Assassin, a separate mode that you could download as a preorder. OP updated with online mode info

I'm slightly confused about the steam store page, is the pre-purchase offer of being able to play 4 days early open to all versions or only the "Gold" version?

Early access is for Gold and Special editions only. The release date for the standard game is the 13th, regardless of pre-order.

Last edited:
Game is apparently live on Steam already for Gold Edition? Currently downloading.

Edit: Played for a few hours last night. Yeah, it's Hitman alright. Unlocks not carrying over from the first season is a major bummer, though. Not sure if I want to play through those again any time soon. Nothing against the quality of the levels of Season 1, it's just that I've played through them SO MANY TIMES lol

Last edited:

BibiMaghoo

My special edition just landed. The case is actually much better quality than I expected though it is obviously fairly small, more like a pistol case than a briefcase. I had no idea that the case actually comes with metal keys and locks both sides, they really should have mentioned this. It is still an expensive edition for what you actually get but the case is more useful than another statue for sure.

The PS4 1.02 update is pretty much 16GB, so it will be an hour before I can fire the game up.

RiccochetJ

I played for a bit last night and it's definitely more Hitman! That's a good thing though imo. I need to download all the legacy maps from 1 and see how they changed them. They definitely tweaked the training maps from the first game such as adding foliage that you can hide in.

I've only played the first couple of true new maps, but they were great! Miami especially is awesome if you're using headphones or have a good sound system. The cars screaming by on the race track actually made it difficult for me to hear npcs talking out in the open areas! I haven't even begun to understand the map and it's going to take multiple runs to get used to it before I go after Sean Bean :D

BibiMaghoo

I'm three maps finished now and it is great. Miami is so big it should probably have been 2 maps rather than one. I like that they added all the trophies from the first game to the second for the legacy pack but man, having to redownload the first game to redeem them sucks.

kunonabi

This will be one of the last playstation games I buy. Wont grab till it goes on firesale though so I'll miss all the timed again unfortunately.

i have been having so much fun with ghost mode on ps4.....i spent close to 3 hours in one match last night because we would both end up going on murdering sprees..

Was strongly thinking of buying it at launch with the generous discounts but my job isn't good enough for it yet. Feel bad for ioi since they offer a lot for the price and they've had to change publisher after being dumped for not selling as much as call of duty.

bshock

Neo Member
This is my GOTY by a country mile. Not a huge leap over the first season in terms of evolving gameplay but don’t fix what isn’t broken. IO remain king of level design and making them infinitely replayable.

Bad news for the devs. Seems this game was cracked today, 3 days before release, but the missions aren't accessible outside of the tutorial mission, assume hacksters waiting for launch day for rest of files to issue crack fix. Oh well I guess most of their sales will be on consoles anyway.

Last edited:
is IO going to only make hitman games?. I feel like they are gonna not sustain themselves with an IP that has ups and downs . especially back to back games in 2 years

MaKTaiL

I'm three maps finished now and it is great. Miami is so big it should probably have been 2 maps rather than one. I like that they added all the trophies from the first game to the second for the legacy pack but man, having to redownload the first game to redeem them sucks.
Actually you don't need to redownload it. Just find the legacy pack on the store. If you bought it digitally then you are eligible for downloading it.

BibiMaghoo

is IO going to only make hitman games?. I feel like they are gonna not sustain themselves with an IP that has ups and downs . especially back to back games in 2 years

After Blood Money, they made Kane and Lynch followed by Mini Ninjas and another Kane and Lynch. I'd imagine they are grateful they still can make Hitman at all.

Even if Hitman is a fairly niche title, the franchise itself is solid and well established. Much less of a risk than any other game they could make. Hopefully it does well. From what I have played so far it deserves to.

Actually you don't need to redownload it. Just find the legacy pack on the store. If you bought it digitally then you are eligible for downloading it.

I had the complete season 1 digitally, but the only way to redeem this for Hitman 2 is from the menu of the first game, so I had to download that but not the map downloads themselves. Once that was launched it took me to the store for the download for Hitman 2. It was just a bit convoluted and time wasting given they can see I own a license digitally, though I get that this process is needed for disc versions of the first game.

If you are saying just to find the download from the store and ignore the upgrade path, I tried that first and couldn't find it.

Last edited:

JimmyJones

Banned
Bought this on steam for £70 the other night then seen CDkeys were selling it for £52. I was pissed, but sent a refund request to steam and they accepted it within a couple of hours! :messenger_beaming:

I bought it again from CDkeys but haven’t had a chance to properly sit down and play it.

Last edited:

Helios

Bad news for the devs. Seems this game was cracked today, 3 days before release, but the missions aren't accessible outside of the tutorial mission, assume hacksters waiting for launch day for rest of files to issue crack fix. Oh well I guess most of their sales will be on consoles anyway.
Once again, Denuvo lives up to it's name.

all am saying is that at some point they are going to suffer from flodding the market with hitman games.

they will have to develop new original IP at some point in near future

Kadayi

Banned
all am saying is that at some point they are going to suffer from flodding the market with hitman games.

It's a series. The current series is basically a trilogy of titles with an overarching storyline. Hitman, Hitman 2 and Hitman 3 (which presumably in production as we speak).

The only thing people are going to expect from further titles going forward is greater complexity, better graphics and more gameplay options.

Haven't gotten around to playing the game yet as I'm trying to complete my 100% LIS playthrough beforehand, but I did briefly fire it up in order to tweak the graphics (which look phenomenal) however I have to give IO credit, they always do a really professional job on their game UI. Super slick and in keeping with how they did the original game. Very much looking forward to replaying the original levels again also.

Last edited:
Top Bottom