• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HITMAN 2 |OT| One Does Not Simply Murder Sean Bean

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

e9cbdd8cea03d8dffa5d47ef8dc1b988a3e1578f_2_690x388.png

Paasei

I ruined my first elusive target and I couldn't be more angry with myself. Especially when I think back as to why I failed it....

In the inspection room of the many devices in the Kronstadt building I accidentally picked up the highly explosive new fuel. Not fully remembering the PC controls it happened. Everyone obviously became very suspicious of me so I wanted to run off and somehow I pressed Z on my keyboard. This meant I dropped it on the floor, and you guessed it, it exploded killing everyone including myself. Mission over.

GV82

My favourite 2 games this Gen amongst others, I still somewhat prefer 2016 over Hitman 2 just about, also 2016 is best played in Hitman 2 as the legacy dlc.

The No Clip Documentary was as good as expected, fascinating insight to the inner workings of the game.

Also vote for most overlooked games of the Gen, but that’s because of a few things.

Absolution was a disappointment for many.

The first game was split into episodes which put people off, but was imo really cool as it forced people to play over & over the level one at the time & Master it and give constant feedback to IO who kept refining those individual levels plus they could take same feedback to the rest they were working on.

The confusing way the game is sold really messed some of the intended casual audience up.

Hitman

(
Referred to as Hitman 2016 so not to confuse with other games in the series)

Collectors Edition was expensive but no disc only digital code
Starter Pack - intro plus 1st level. (Other episodes sold separately)
Complete Season 1 - Digital only
Disc - complete 1st season
Definitive edition
Goty Edition with everything including newer expansion pack
Then all the free levels & free trials to entice new players to buy the rest of the game.

Hitman 2
(
Hitman 2 was already a name of game that previously existed so that may have added to some confusion)

Standard edition - full game minus season passes, no more episodes
Silver Edition - full game plus expansion pass 1 ( later removed)
Gold Edition - full game plus both expansion passes
Collectors edition - replica briefcase, plus gold edition
Legacy dlc - not available with any of the above including gold, but free if you own a certain edition of Hitman 2016, available to buy as separate dlc if you didn’t own 2016,
Hawkes Bay intro - installer plus 1st level free, which also allows play of legacy dlc too.
Miami pack - same intro pack as above plus 2nd level for a one off low cost, enticing you to buy the full game.
Think there has been is another pack or two as free trials too to entice you.

Then the whole thing with Xbox Gamepass owners, back in November they got 2016 on there, standard edition but had to pay to upgrade that to goty edition to then unlock legacy pack in H2 cheaper than what the separate dlc cost for non owners. But then unfortunately Gamepass removed Hitman 2016 at the end of July causing players copy of the legacy dlc to lock them out of being playable Hitman 2.

I think all those confusing editions of the game could have been a mini part 5 of the Documentary by itself and i’m sure I have missed out some important stuff also regarding that.

xrnzaaas

Have the previous ones not? I still haven't gotten to the Hitman 2 stuff (still working on Hitman 1 updated levels in Hitman 2).
Hitman 2 has three missions without a level 20 mastery - the first mission is only a level 5 (it should've been called a tutorial mission tbh), the fifth mission is level 15 and the first big expansion is also only level 15.

Last edited:

GV82

It’s out in a few more hours. 😃

Looking forward to the Island🏝 especially with some of the features they listed yesterday - weather & water physics on a level for starters, sure only now we are getting this, in this Gen’s Hitman, it might give us a glimpse of what they may be able to do at the start in Future Hitman game(s), with the extra features they keep patching with this engine.

I am not sure if they would continue with this engine for next Gen Hitman (4?) or do something completely new but I am sure they will use it for Hitman 3 which I am assuming will be the last Hitman game of this Generation if they release next year, just before next Gen consoles come out and not wait for the start of next Gen before releasing it.

Just last month they showed us the new Environment Damage they patched in (if you have the right specs for p.c only ) & new sound design elements too.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I started to play it recently and sheer amount of content in this game is really huge. Really impressed.

Claus Grimhildyr

Vincit qui se vincit
I really need to return to this game. Got through the majority of the updated Season 1's stuff, but got burnt out trying to 100% it. Haven't done any of the season 2 stuff outside of the tutorial .

Top Bottom