• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy |OT| The Prisoners of AskforBan

Filben

Started yesterday evening for an hour with the game. Not a Potter fan at all but liked the stories (from the movies) and atmosphere enough to enjoy them. So far I'm doing the same with the game. It looks fantastic (PS5 version) and I like the directing and overall vibes and atmosphere. I don't expect TW3 style side quests so it's not a deal breaker if it's not on par with that.

Euler007

What is really pissing me off now is these demiguise statues. I need just one more so I can unlock higher Alohomora locks. I might just go look at a guide to find a quick easy one. It's a pain in the ass that you have to wait until night time to collect them.
Just do it with a guide. With the fast travel and quick load times you'll knock the entirety of hogwarts and hogmeade statues in a few minutes, and the rest of the world in a few more minutes (depending on which floo flames you have unlocked). I did it because I didn't have to start keeping a log of where I'd have to go back with L2 locks. No regrets, I explored and found enough other things on my own. They're small to spot from a long distance with Revelio.

Pilgrimzero

LMAO. In what world is this a 10/10? This game has some of the dullest and offensively bad side quests since Days Gone. I'm sure I did one the other day which was just walking to talk to someone. The constant level gating for main quests is a pain in the ass, especially as the goals for learning new spells are basically MMO quality fetch quests.

If this wasn't a HP game, I'd struggle to give it above a 6.

And to think Horizon got slated last year for being 'A generic Ubisoft game'. That game had much better side content and respect for the player's time.

It's an enjoyable experience, it could be a lot better.
Having watched the review its a 10 "FOR HIM" because its the Potter game he always wanted and he finds it fun.

He admits there are issues. I have a list of issues myself, like using the Dark Arts should have a penalty.

But like Joe I Love the setting and the gameplay is fun. I might not rank it a 10 (Id give it a 9) but I can see where he's coming from and he explains his reasons just fine. Which boil down to, "Its fun and I've wanted a Potter game like this for years."

If it wasnt a Potter game and just some generic fantasy game, I'd probably give it a 6, but the setting definitely gives it a boost.

Manus

Man ever since the update on PC I've been getting crashes left and right. Was running semi decent on my 4080 until yesterday.

Especially with the ray tracing. Some of the lighting inside the castle now is just way to bright.

Pilgrimzero

Okay I beat it. Found the ending kind of... okay. Needed to be longer. I mean it literally pulls a "Dumbledore at the end of the first book/film" and then "You still have some widgets to find! Go find them!" Really needed more aftermath of Sabastian and his sister. The Goblin rights stuff. Maybe the Ministry showing up and being all "WTF just happened?"

I mean man it was just "You win, now find the all secrets!"

Still a great game and I kind of want to start anew with a Ravenclaw or Slytherin. Yeah it wont really be different from my Hufflepuff but Roleplaying-wise a different character...

Spaceman292

Having watched the review its a 10 "FOR HIM" because its the Potter game he always wanted and he finds it fun.

He admits there are issues. I have a list of issues myself, like using the Dark Arts should have a penalty.

But like Joe I Love the setting and the gameplay is fun. I might not rank it a 10 (Id give it a 9) but I can see where he's coming from and he explains his reasons just fine. Which boil down to, "Its fun and I've wanted a Potter game like this for years."

If it wasnt a Potter game and just some generic fantasy game, I'd probably give it a 6, but the setting definitely gives it a boost.
Anti fun

Wut? I mean I get it if you think he's an idiot, but politically driven is quite a reach.

You know what? I'm probably wrong on that. I don't follow him that closely, but I thought I had remembered him leaning hard politically on a couple videos, but I'm not finding anything now so I'm sure I was wrong.

My apologies!

jm89

LMAO. In what world is this a 10/10? This game has some of the dullest and offensively bad side quests since Days Gone. I'm sure I did one the other day which was just walking to talk to someone. The constant level gating for main quests is a pain in the ass, especially as the goals for learning new spells are basically MMO quality fetch quests.

And to think Horizon got slated last year for being 'A generic Ubisoft game'. That game had much better side content and respect for the player's time.

Honestly the more I play it the more dissapointed I get.

Maybe my expectations were too high, but after the first few hours of being wowed by hogwarts, things drop off especially after you go in the outside world and do side stuff. What's worse is the main story isn't even anything to write home about.

hemo memo

Fq4DhcAWIAA367x.jpg

rofif

I am not a huge HP fan but I found the game uniquely relaxing. I never felt the need to hurry up or skip stuff.
It just felt good to play and looked good.

So I'm assuming the best way to play this is on the ps5 right? That version on performance mode locked/60 seemed to have very little if rare stuttering issues.

FunkMiller

I am not a huge HP fan but I found the game uniquely relaxing. I never felt the need to hurry up or skip stuff.
It just felt good to play and looked good.

I'm getting the same reaction to this game as I had to Power Wash Simulator. This is not a negative.

Top Bottom