• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeless-age

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
soultron said:
Hey guys, I'm super beat from work. (Party of 30 -- smoking hot women -- on an open menu? FTS!)

Decided that, instead of typing, HJ should just give you guys another video.

As far as the donation thing goes, I don't really feel comfortable listing it out of respect for people who didn't even want their first names in the screen caps. I guess if people want to show their amounts, they can PM me and I then can edit that huge list I posted. Otherwise, I think we should just let it be.
This seems like the wise option- why ruin such a nice, uplifting thread with a donation pissing contest? This entire thread is amazing- it really has shown that GAF can be an inspiring place at times. Soutron, you are a fucking g dude, what you did is unreal. Good luck to both of you!

paparazzo

Wow, I've only read the first 10 pages, but this is truly GAF's finest moment. I would absolutely donate if I could but money is pretty tight right now. I wish you luck HJ and pray you make it through this as comfortably as possible. Reading your story serves as a true reminder for how blessed I am to have a loving and supporting family.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
peterb0y said:
This seems like the wise option- why ruin such a nice, uplifting thread with a donation pissing contest? This entire thread is amazing- it really has shown that GAF can be an inspiring place at times. Soutron, you are a fucking g dude, what you did is unreal. Good luck to both of you!
I agree with this 100%.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I just spent two hours I should have been sleeping reading this thread on an iPhone running on a battery I've just about run dry.

Soultron: you're a prince and none of this would have happned without you turning your good will into action.

To HJ: You obviously have the right mindset already. Just keep it up.

My family lost our home when I was much younger. We got by through the grace of good friends. We were scattered and separated but we got through it. I still don't remember much of that year. I'm rather certain the trauma of it at that age made me block a lot of it out, but I do know we got through it thanks to those people.

Now to bookmark this thread to pull myself out of my more cynical moments. :D

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I simply wondered who donated the most, didn't ask. I was here pages ago when the amounts where blacked out.

I wondered because picture HJ thanking him especially through pm and it's a nice thought.

No reason to rethink something that was decided pages ago.

Davidion

soultron said:
Thanks to everyone who donated:

(This list is only the people who contacted me. I know HJ and Rayme were giving the details as well. Please chime in if you were forgotten in this post!)

So, copypasta'd from my PM inbox, in chorological order, here's your NeoGAF HurricanJesus 2008 Help-a-thon donor list:

(I know some people on the bottom of the list came in too late for donations, but just the intent was noted. Thanks again guys.)

I didn't get a chance to donate money; by the time I got home you were already asking people to stop, so I don't wish to claim credit.

Let the board know if HJ needs more money, and I'll be glad to donate.

Dommel

Dark Octave said:
Wow. OT can raise $1200 in a couple of days to help a guy out, while the gaming side begs a guy with kids to sell his indie game at a possible 2/3 cut in price and boasts about pirating games over PSN.

On the other hand, I never see the Gaming side bitching about how bad the OT is and yet I see the opposite here all the time.

It is also really annoying and gets old, really fast.

Meadows

Banned
Dommel said:
On the other hand, I never see the Gaming side bitching about how bad the OT is and yet I see the opposite here all the time.

It is also really annoying and gets old, really fast.

lol

Canova

Banned
soultron said:
Decided that, instead of typing, HJ should just give you guys another video.

Just wanna say that if HJ doesn't feel comfortable doing the videos, he doesn't have to.

We don't and should not ask for anything. And he should not feel the need to write his diary here.

One day, one moment in the future, when he got his degree, just drop us a line

I've been reading through the whole thread the last couple of days and its amazing how much the situation has turned out to be :D

I celebrated by eating DiGiornos pizza on Friday.
sorry I didnt get to donate :(

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
*suscribes so he can read it all later*

When I registered here I mostly read from the Gaming side. I had no idea O-T was capable of doing this. I just assumed people acted the same as they do on Gaming.

Broseybrose

bone_and_sinew said:
*suscribes so he can read it all later*

When I registered here I mostly read from the Gaming side.
me too. by the time i was no longer junior i realized the heart of GAF is OT.

Hey guys, I like giving back a little something to show that I am thankful. I guess I am kinda shy, and it seems to show. I just didn't want to disappoint those who were asking for pics and vids. Besides, seeing me with such a huge smile has been a rare occurrence lately, so it is good Soul managed to catch it on camera! Only 4 hours to go until the interview, keep your fingers crossed for me.

soultron

Banned
Instigator said:
The OP and/or Soultron need a better video recording solution. Hopefully, the money donated can cover this. :D
Hahaha. Sorry, but my blackberry is the best video capture device I have.

HurricaneJesus said:
Hey guys, I like giving back a little something to show that I am thankful. I guess I am kinda shy, and it seems to show. I just didn't want to disappoint those who were asking for pics and vids. Besides, seeing me with such a huge smile has been a rare occurrence lately, so it is good Soul managed to catch it on camera! Only 4 hours to go until the interview, keep your fingers crossed for me.

Good luck

C.Dark.DN

Banned
It's ok to be shy, we're not asking for a huge speech :p

Just keep fighting for what you want in life, and enjoy the present time. The videos are awesome.

Juice

I haven't chimed in yet, but I just wanted to say this is obviously the feel-good thread of the year.

I also hope GAF doesn't break the fourth wall and get on the news for this.

Just hope HJ gets the job and can get back on his feet.

miyuru

Great thread, when I started reading I was scratching my head wondering why nobody was offering to help directly!

Glad things are working out!! :)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
HurricaneJesus said:

Good luck! Remember, have a firm handshake :D.

jiffy38

Just had to post that I was just on not to long ago playing some COD4 with HJ before he went for his interview. He was using Soultron's 360 which was great. HJ is honestly quite the humble guy, glad I could finally meet the man himself. Had lots of fun showing him the ropes when it came to COD4. Cant wait to get some more Xbox Live time with him!

Got the job!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

BRB, getting tanked. lol, jk.

So I guess this worked out better than anyone ever would have thought. Time for a little celebration.

yuna55

HurricaneJesus said:
Got the job!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

So I guess this worked out better than anyone ever would have thought. Time for a little celebration.
Fuck yea! Congrats!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
HurricaneJesus said:
Got the job!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

PARTY HARD!

HurricaneJesus said:
Got the job!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Congrats! That was a quick interview if it was at 6!
Celebrate!

Gallagher

Banned
Next steps

1. report it to the media
2. become famous through tv because of this amazin act of humanity
3. make Soultron and Hurrican heroes of the society. ^^

Helmholtz

HurricaneJesus said:
Got the job!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Congrats man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom