• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How do you feel about DBS: Super Hero's 3D now that it's been out for a while?

Blade2.0

I'm doing a rewatch of Super Hero at the moment, and I think the animation is really good. Does anyone else feel that way about it now that it has had time to be digested? A lot of people ragged on it during the trailers, but I think it turned out great.

gohan-vs-gamma1-dbs.gif

gamma2-dragon-ball.gif

dig-it-aquaman.gif

ParaSeoul

Didn't watch it,seemed soulless. The Broly movie was a step into the right direction and then they dropped this trash.

VAVA Mk2

I hope when the anime returns it keeps the art style and animation quality of this. DBS had some shit animation quality (especially in the beginning), but some moments were amazingly animated (namely the stuff that Yuya Takahashi animated).

Last edited:

NahaNago

I'm still mixed on it. Like I like the enemy characters and world but the animation I'm still mixed on. I really don't like the fact that Picollo left Pan as a hostage. I think this style is great for the more comedic dragon ball movies. A movie with Pan as the main lead, any of the kids honestly, or the more family-oriented storylines.

I do like the DBS Broly Artstyle more but I still feel like it is lacking. It felt kind of like One Piece movie that was experimenting with the art style.

With how much money dragon ball makes why can't they make a movie that just absolutely stuns graphically. I feel like the early Naruto movies were a bit more impressive.

Last edited:

Represent.

Banned
I hate it. I have no idea why they decided to switch up from the Broly art style. That’s the best DragonBall has looked in decades.

When the anime returns I really hope it’s in the Broly style again.

3D just looks like Budokai.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Focusing on Picollo (key character during the critical times of Dbz) was great, everything else was really a mix bag.
piccolo GIF

LordOfChaos

It was decent, Cell Max was an eh villain, I didn't hate seeing things from a CGI perspective that allowed some shots that would be hard in animation, but the last Broly movie was far superior on every regard and the more traditional "hand" (is it even any hand anymore?) animation was a beaut.

Top Bottom