• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want to be a father

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
Before I became a father, I was a bit nihilistic, or at least heading that way.

After I became a father, I'm still a bit nihilistic, and exhausted as well :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Half-kidding aside, my son helped focus me and, as cliché as it sounds, gave me purpose. Being a father also helped me appreciate and respect all those single parents that goddamn raised their kid(s) well on their own, and never gave up. Kudos and mad respect. My wife and I are wrecked everyday, and that's both of us with caring for just the one kid (fourteen months old). We're still kinda shell-shocked that we're actually parents to this little guy that's already developing some sass.

For the past month and a half, we've had to take him to the hospital on three seperate occasions for bronchiolitis, where he had to stay for 1-2 nights each visit. And that's on top of all the check-ups, the doctor visits for every little or not so little thing, the uncertainty, the anxiety of whether he's hitting those milestones, the expenses, the broken sleep; it's entirely life consuming. But when he reaches up for a cuddle, or leans over to plant a gross wet kiss on my cheek ... I guess it's all worth it. </sop>

Anyway OP, all the best to you.

German Hops

for they shall wink their bussy
giphy.gif

JackSparr0w

I don't envy you OP I met my wife when she was 20(me just a few years older) and she came with no baggage but it still took me 6 years to propose and another 3 to finally get married.

So in total 9 years of vetting and I still planned for the worst trying to shield myself from getting divorce raped.

That was also before tinder, onlyfans etc. Good luck man, I mean it.

Before I became a father, I was a bit nihilistic, or at least heading that way.

After I became a father, I'm still a bit nihilistic, and exhausted as well :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Half-kidding aside, my son helped focus me and, as cliché as it sounds, gave me purpose. Being a father also helped me appreciate and respect all those single parents that goddamn raised their kid(s) well on their own, and never gave up. Kudos and mad respect. My wife and I are wrecked everyday, and that's both of us with caring for just the one kid (fourteen months old). We're still kinda shell-shocked that we're actually parents to this little guy that's already developing some sass.

For the past month and a half, we've had to take him to the hospital on three seperate occasions for bronchiolitis, where he had to stay for 1-2 nights each visit. And that's on top of all the check-ups, the doctor visits for every little or not so little thing, the uncertainty, the anxiety of whether he's hitting those milestones, the expenses, the broken sleep; it's entirely life consuming. But when he reaches up for a cuddle, or leans over to plant a gross wet kiss on my cheek ... I guess it's all worth it. </sop>

Anyway OP, all the best to you.
Bro it just keeps getting better and better.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
The best part about having kids is giving them goofy nicknames and fucking with them. My 8 yr old to this day is mortified that I will return him to the tribe I stole him from in Africa*

*we're not Black I didn't steal him from a tribe

Last edited:

rofif

I am 33 and married for like 3 years now. We are together for 15 years and we still don't want kids :p
Kids are annoying and of course a ton of responsibility.

I will probably REGRET it when I am older but my wife is not really pushing. If she was, I would possibly agree, if she was serious about it.
But she is disgusted by kids lol. So we are agreeing on that. But that doesn't mean it's still a poor choice. I really don't know.

You sure you are not picky? 34 wealthy, good looking guy should have no problem finding a baby wife material. I think a lot of women are looking for that.
Good luck man

Top Bottom