• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Imports You Should Be Playing Or Looking Towards Thread

Since the temp forum hosted some awesome posts regarding awesome import gaming, which has since been sadly lost, I figured this might be a good chance to start such chatter again, but in a more concentrated way.

So what games are you playing now which the rest of the world should be? What games are you looking forward to?

For me, it has to be Katamari Damacy as a must play right now, and the upcoming part 2 as a must look for.

wp_jacket_s.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I don't import PS2 games (cause I don't have a way to play them), but I really want to play Katamari Damacy as well. Here's hoping it gets released to the U.S. soon

Takuan

I looked for Katamari Damacy at local "import" (think HK) shops but couldn't find it. I was so disappointed. Any similarly zany import titles out or on the horizon I should look out for?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
SILENT HILL 4. Comes out next week I believe according to NCS. :D

Other than that, not much else I can think of until towards the end of July. But that's good, because I'll be in Tokyo (which is when I'll finally get Katamari) and will be able to buy them myself without playing for shipping prices. If the dorm I'm in has a TV in the room, I'll be buying another Japanese PS2 while I'm at it...

Bebpo

Banned
June 16th - Silent Hill 4
June 24th - Xenosaga episode 2
July 15th - Digital Devil Saga: Avatar Tuner
July 22nd - Gradius V
July 22nd - Paper Mario 2
July 29th - Guilty Gear Itsuka
August 12th - King of Fighters Maximum Impact
August 14th - Suikoden IV

There's also VF RPG if you are looking forward to it :\

Best import summer in years IMO.

Psymon

I bought Katamari Damashii (Or is it Damacy? Someone explain the spelling to me, please!) a couple of days after its JPN release... but forgot that I also needed a new memory card, so I chose to wait 'til I received it. I should be playing Katamari Damashii right now, now that I have that memory card... but I have barely touched it. :(

Other than Katamari, I'm waiting for Guru Logic Champ to arrive. To whoever posted the demo links in the other imports thread: thanks for the links! :)

Almost the same thing with The Legend of Zelda: Four Sword Adventures - I'm waiting for videogamesplus.ca to ship it (it's an import for me since I live in Sweden :p).

Lastly, I am looking forward to Chulip too - it seems to be rather cute! <(^-^)>
And not to mention Mario Golf: Advance Tour... omg!! :O~~~~~~

Xizk

I'm thinking of importing the japanese version of VF:Cyber Generations. I understood most of what they said in the trailer so the language shouln't be too much of a problem,I hope.

And Katamari Damashii looks fun, but I may wait and see if it's released in the US.

And there's a new One Piece 3d action game coming for the ps 2 In July called One Piece: Round the Land. Maybe imorting it if it turns out to be good.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Bebpo said:
July 22nd - Gradius V

Looking forward to Paper Mario 2, Guilty Gear Isuka and KOF: MI out of that bunch.... I can't wait till next year for Tekken 5 as well. That's about all of the imports I really want, other than the DS and a PSP. :D

Psymon said:
I bought Katamari Damashii (Or is it Damacy? Someone explain the spelling to me, please!)

The correct spelling is Damashii, but apparently Damacy is a sort of "hip" romanization of the word. So in the context of the game, the 'correct' spelling is Damacy.

Psymon said:
Other than Katamari, I'm waiting for Guru Logic Champ to arrive. To whoever posted the demo links in the other imports thread: thanks for the links! :)

NICE. I and a couple others have been pimping this game at any/all opportunity for a long time now, and I don't think I've ever seen someone buy it as a result. You will not be disappointed - hell, you might even join us in the crusade to get as many people as possible to play this fantastic game.

Just out of curiosity, where did you find it for sale? Maybe we can pass a link along next time the topic of Gurulogi comes up.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Bebpo said:
July 22nd - Gradius V

Nice, but I'm not going to be bothering with any RPGs, even though Paper Mario 2 is very tempting. Street Fighter 3 Third Strike is also hitting the PS2 on either July 22 or 29; can't remember, and Samurai Spirits Zero is also scheduled for the same week. :) I believe Metal Slug Advance is as well, but I don't expect to see it released this summer based on what I read about the state of the game at E3.

Espgaluda is the big one for me. DC Baldr Force might be a possibility, if I can find a demo of the PC version to try out (and I end up liking it). There are a few imports I'm behind on picking up, like 3D AGES Virtua Racing and possibly the cheap rerelease of Atelier Violate, but with my reduced gaming budget for pretty much the rest of the year, I'm mostly looking at domestic releases.

cvxfreak

I'll be in Japan in two weeks, and I plan to pick up:

Silent Hill 4: The Room
Donkey Konga Vol. 1 (Vol. 2 comes out just after I leave :()
Mario Golf: Advance Tour

And other stuff I see...

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Espgaluda would have been out by now if not for the delays - eh, it's still the #1 upcoming for my concerns. I'll probably wait on getting Gradius V right away and see how easy it is to find on eBay. Most Konami flagship games show up for cheap there somewhat often.

I'm having Black/Matrix 00 shipped with Espgaluda. Here's hoping the game doesn't suck as much as B/M 2.

Other than that, there's always that IIDX 7th Style (which came out on the day Espgaluda should have).

Beyond this, it's the waiting game for FF12 and DQ8.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Legend of Stafy 3 is out on August 3rd in Japan and I cannot wait to get my hands on it!

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
I still need some import DC titles:

Border Down
Psyvariar 2: The Will to Fabricate
Castle of Shikigami 2
The King of Fighters 2000
The King of Fighters 2001

Once I get these, then I'll be content. :)

jiggle

If Square doesn't announce this for localization by the time I'm done(or bored) with La Pucelle, I'll definitely be importing it:
l_p1003170534.jpg

I'm really tempted by this game. But not having played any of its predecessors is making me a little hesitant...:
l_p1003402911.jpg

And this'll be my first import from PAL region:
B0001IPRLI.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

It may be a long way off, but having imported and beaten the last two Zelda games, I have no hesitation in planning to import the new mature Zelda. Probably will wait on Minish Cap though, even though I doubt there will be a major delay to the US.

Want Katamari Damacy (Namco's spelling, btw) bad, but I can wait for the US version. No JPS2 and the butter knife approach freaks me out too much.

Thinking about Pikmin 2 and Paper Mario 2, but it depends on money and time availability this summer.

Top Bottom