• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intel confirms its dedicated GPU comes out 2020

PocoJoe

Banned
Yes, nVidia is competing with themselves at this point. When RTX 2070 launches AMDs top card will be #5(or #6 depending on who's numbers you're reading). While nVidia will own the top 4 with 2080 Ti, 2080, 1080 Ti and 2070.

They have the fastest cards, but how many gamers are willing to pay +1000e for GPU? or even 500€?

I dont know any gamer that would get high end cards as they are so ridiculously overpriced, 300-400€ is max price for many many gamers.

Sure it gives them more reputation when they have fastest cards on the market, but looking at steam data not too many even play on 4K

cHaOs667

Sure it gives them more reputation when they have fastest cards on the market, but looking at steam data not too many even play on 4K
I can't recall a single time owning a 1080Ti gave me "reputation"...
Owning such a card is more of a "no compromise" thing and the upgrade path is not that expensive as you still get a decent amount of money a couple of years later when you upgrade to the next card.

I am pretty excited for Intels take on graphics card as I do hope that they maintain their OSS policy regarding their drivers. Running a 1080Ti on Linux/BSD is a pain in the ass sometimes.

Top Bottom