• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is the LG C1 still available to buy and is it still the best gaming TV?

yes you can get it, no it's not the best.
the best gaming TVs currently are the Samsung S95B and the LG G2 (alternatively the C2 but it's the G2 that is the premium one)

these have the lowest input lag, are OLED and get pretty bright.
the Samsung has better colors thanks to the QD-OLED panel (better yellows, which is a weakpoint of WOLED panels),
and the LG has a better user interface.

they both support all common resolutions and all VRR technologies (Gsync, FreeSync, HDMI VRR)

Last edited:
it's not the best on paper but it's still a damn good TV. you can't go wrong with a CX or C1 if you can find them at a good price. i own both these TVs and they are great.

i don't see myself replacing either TV for at least 5+ years. probably about 10 years. current gen consoles can't even make the most of them (i.e 4K 120hz HDR) so you'll be good for this entire generation. in fact you'd probably be good with these TVs for all of next gen too. 4K 120Hz i feel is the point in which there are severe diminishing returns.

above 120hz there is a difference but it's not really worth chasing it. there's no need for games to go beyond 120fps. today we are starting to see so called "60fps machines" struggle with 4K 60fps and going back to 30fps. i don't see 120fps becoming standard on consoles for a loooong time! 4K is good enough for most people. 8K will be wasted unless you have like at least an 80" display or sit super close to your tv (a few feet).

4K 120Hz HDR tvs are going to stick around for a long time. get one now and you'll be good for the next 10-15 years easily.

Last edited:

Quasicat

Sony TVs are always missing features. eg No 4x HDMI 2.1. No G-Sync.
Plus, the Sony TVs have Android TV built into them which causes so much lag using the remote plus the ads are extremely intrusive. I hit the input button and literally need to wait several seconds for it to register. It’s enough to where I hit it a couple of times since I think the TV didn’t recognize the controller. I think I’m done with Sony for my next one.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Plus, the Sony TVs have Android TV built into them which causes so much lag using the remote plus the ads are extremely intrusive. I hit the input button and literally need to wait several seconds for it to register. It’s enough to where I hit it a couple of times since I think the TV didn’t recognize the controller. I think I’m done with Sony for my next one.

I don't think the lag is because of android. I've used much worse android tvs and they are super smooth.
The lag is mostly because of the old mediatek chipset Sony uses. This same chipset is the reason why Sony A95K has only 2 HDMI ports with HDMI 2.1.

Feature wise I guess that the C1 is great value for the money. It supports a wide range of resolutions, has VRR and all that shit. A good enough TV for console players. If you do some research you can probably find a cheap one.

Last edited:

Fbh

It's not the best but if you can find it at a good price it's a solid choice.
Nice picture quality, the true blacks of OLED and almost all the gaming features you'd want in a TV (120hz, VRR, HDMI2.1, etc).

I like mine and I don't feel like I'll need an upgrade for many years (unless it dies....or gets burn in). The only issue with it is that it's rather dim so it's not a great choice if you'll be using it in a bright environment. One of the biggest improvements of recent OLED models has in fact been better brightness.

Would now be a bad time to purchase an LG C2?

Hey friend, just get an LG CS6 OLED and forget about everything else if you want a TV now

It's basically a C1 (panel) with the C2's chipset/processor.

Crazy good deal too, it's about €1,000 for the 55-inch

Last edited:
Top Bottom