• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan Charts: Media Create 7 - 13 November

Merlin

Banned
Mrbob said:
You would be wrong on one account.

I don't dislike Nintendo.

I dislike Nintendo fanboys.

Key difference.

Pretty sad to see you try to twist these discussion based on my supposed allegiances. I've been relatively pro DS lately if you have been paying attention. ;)

All fanboys are as bad as each other so to single out one group says you do have something against the company in question.

None of these games, except maybe Tamagotchi are nearly as bad as licensed trash like Hulk, Matrix, Spiderman and other games that sell in huge numbers in America and Europe.

Rock_Man

Dengeki:
#18 PSP Fukufuku no Shima (Sony)
#22 NDS Otona no DS Golf (Nintendo)
#27 PSP La Corda d'Oro (Koei)
#28 NDS Manga Ka Debut Monogatari DS (TDK Core)

AniHawk

Merlin said:
All fanboys are as bad as each other so to single out one group says you do have something against the company in question.

None of these games, except maybe Tamagotchi are nearly as bad as licensed trash like Hulk, Matrix, Spiderman and other games that sell in huge numbers in America and Europe.

Or True Crimes, Darkwatch, Destroy all Humans, and all of the other shit I've had to sell at too high a rate in the last oh, eight months.

Jonnyram

PSP Fukufuku no Shima 7000
PS2 Getaway Black Monday 7000
DS Otona no DS Golf 6000
PSP La Corda d'Oro 4000
DS Mangaka Debut Monogatari 4000
GC Bokujou Monogatari 3000

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Jonnyram said:
PSP Fukufuku no Shima 7000
PS2 Getaway Black Monday 7000
DS Otona no DS Golf 6000
PSP La Corda d'Oro 4000
DS Mangaka Debut Monogatari 4000
GC Bokujou Monogatari 3000
Poor Harvest Moon.

Teh hardware numbers should be a bit slower with these software sales, shouldn't they?

Btw. which of these is the harvest moon game? :D

jj984jj

Frankfurter said:
Teh hardware numbers should be a bit slower with these software sales, shouldn't they?

GC Bokujou Monogatari 3,000

Culex

Banned
Frankfurter said:

On the contrary. I would bet that hardware numbers for the PSP/DS are up again this week, as we approach the holidays. This time of year always seems to boost sales.

Meier

Did the last HM GameCube game do that well in JPN? I know the GBA title did a solid amount (100k+ as I recall), but I dont remember how the GC titles have done.. I'm sure this will do fairly well in the US if nothing else considering the sales of AWL.

cvxfreak

Meier said:
Did the last HM GameCube game do that well in JPN? I know the GBA title did a solid amount (100k+ as I recall), but I dont remember how the GC titles have done.. I'm sure this will do fairly well in the US if nothing else considering the sales of AWL.

Around 70-100K IIRC. This Harvest Moon was a re-release, though.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Mrbob said:
You would be wrong on one account.

I don't dislike Nintendo.

I dislike Nintendo fanboys.

Key difference.

What about Sony and MS fanboys? ;)

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Heian-kyo said:
Prediction: The PSP will bring in more revenue again!1!!

:lol

Thought I'd poke fun at myself to get this thread going on a lighthearted note. :D
I hate it when people do this during Horror movies when they are scared. They poke fun to ease the tension. Are you scared? Do you fear the DS' sales strength?

;)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Heian-kyo said:
Prediction: The PSP will bring in more revenue again!1!!

:lol

Thought I'd poke fun at myself to get this thread going on a lighthearted note. :D
Again? it would've had to do that last week for it to do it again. :D

Beowvlf

Banned
Fuzzy said:
Again? it would've had to do that last week for it to do it again. :D
CHEAP SHOT! :)

In truth though, I really was under the impression that the value pack PSP at 24,999¥ was really the only unit available to buy in Japanese stores, as the core was essentially very difficult to find. Is this assumption incorrect? Does anyone know?

Beowvlf

Banned
Fuzzy said:
I've got no idea. Check amazon.co.jp?
I can't remember if it was Bebpo or someone else, but I was told that the core pack was only available online, and that even there it wasn't that easy to obtain.

Amazon.jp does have the core pack at 20,699¥, but it's sales ranking is very low, around 200 in just the games category. For reference, the value pack is around 75-80 or so. I don't know why this is, other than to assume it's tough to get one.

jj984jj

Heian-kyo said:
I can't remember if it was Bebpo or someone else, but I was told that the core pack was only available online, and that even there it wasn't that easy to obtain.

Amazon.jp does have the core pack at 20,699¥, but it's sales ranking is very low, around 200 in just the games category. For reference, the value pack is around 75-80 or so. I don't know why this is, other than to assume it's tough to get one.
Other then the fact that revenue should matter the least when it comes to market share and profit, it still doesn't mean that all sales would come from only the value pack. Are you trying to convience anyone that not even one person was able to get their hands on and purchase a core pack? We cannot determine PSP's revenue by simply multiplying the price of the core pack by the amount sold.

Beowvlf

Banned
jj984jj said:
Other then the fact that revenue should matter the least when it comes to market share and profit, it still doesn't mean that all sales would come from only the value pack. Are you trying to convience anyone that not even one person was able to get their hands on and purchase a core pack? We cannot determine PSP's revenue by simply multiplying the price of the core pack by the amount sold.
I think you're confused. My joke on the subject and the question I posed to Fuzzy (or whoever else would know the answer) was in no way, shape or form a go-ahead to restart this discussion. It got way out of hand last week, I didn't exactly state it initially in the most neutral of ways (mentioning that it made more revenue than the DS, rather than it made a good amount of revenue in general was mistake numero uno), and quite frankly, it's a stupid and moot point, regardless of viewpoint.

End.

Fuzzy

DS - 48,342
PSP - 31,078
PS2 - 19,277
GBM - 9,151
GBASP - 6,143
GC - 4,368
GBA - 227
Xbox - 119

YTD / LTD
DS - 2,081,138 / 3,576,734
PSP - 1,544,330 / 2,026,582
DS Lead - 536,808 / 1,550,152

heidern

Chibbi Brady said:
Is that the first time the PS2 dipped below 20k?

Aha, looks like the Japanese market is poised to make the jump into the next generation. December 10th, here we come.

Oblivion

Mrbob said:
Can Xbox dip under 100 units sold in a week?

It has. I believe it was the week before Ninja Gaiden Black came out. I remember because when sales went to 150 or so (after it came out), people were like "OMg what's with the spike in Xbox sales?!".

Culex

Banned
Handheld chart updated again.

JPHandheldWar.jpg

This week saw a few big milestones! PSP finally crossed 2 million sold LTD; a fine achievement.

DS has now outsold the PSP for 30 consecutive weeks, 3 times longer than the PSP's greatest run earlier this year.

Fuzzy

The notes:
Sales of the top 100 titles totaled 559,708 units, 94.62% of last week's total and 75.12% of the weekly average.

Sixteen new titles ranked in the top 100, starting with top-ranked "Mario Party 7" and including "Shinobido Imashime" and "NBA Live 06." Only three new titles, however, sold 10,000 units or more, and new releases accounted for a somewhat low 38.10% of sales. The full-scale entry into the winter sales season is expected to come after next week.

"Mario Party 7" sold approximately 84,000 units. While this fell short of results for the previous title "Mario Party 6," which was launched last year and sold approximately 99,000 units in its first week, the title's performance was pretty much on par with that of "Mario Party 5," the installment before last, which went on sale a year ago and had first week sales of approximately 83,000 units. It thus appears that "Mario Party 7" has gotten off to a relatively smooth start. The GC platform, although to a small degree, drove the market, and GC sales will likely continue grow as the New Year holiday approaches.

heidern

Here's the time to selling 2 million units for some systems according to Dengeki. I've taken the liberty of slotting in the psp. The psp is possibly on track to being the strongest second system in a long time:

ps2 3 months
GBA 4 months
DS 5 months
psp 11 months
GC 16 months
N64 17 months

Diffense

PSP is actually doing quite well.

Performance of the DS has just been phenomenal.

However, I think ultimately things are going to shake out so that one machine becomes insignificant.

Oblivion

apotema said:
PSP pulled a very decent number, next week will be huge since the Pokemon fans will unleash their fury

But is it a "real" Pokemon game, though? The last Pokemon game for the DS didn't do phenomenal.

jj984jj

Oblivion said:
But is it a "real" Pokemon game, though? The last Pokemon game for the DS didn't do phenomenal.
It's Pokemon + Mysterious Dungeon, they are both popular in Japan, so we shall see how combining the two works out.

apotema

Oblivion said:

They wont be as huge as Ruby/ Sapphire, but they will be bigger than Pokemon Torouze, Pokemon Dash and all the spin offs, who knows, with a little luck they can be as big as Fire Red / Leaf Green

cvxfreak

Looks like GC sales are finally going to pick up for a little while, although they've been noticably higher on Famitsu's charts for the last few months.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
On average, DS sales have been steadily increasing since their low point in April. I wonder at what number of units/week they will finally level off at?

Top Bottom