• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum - May 17th (New Trailer!!!)

Typhares

John Wick (Keanu Reeves) is on the run for two reasons… he’s being hunted for a global $14 million dollar open contract on his life, and for breaking a central rule: taking a life on Continental Hotel grounds. The victim was a member of the High Table who ordered the open contract. John should have already been executed, except the Continental’s manager, Winston, has given him a one-hour grace period before he’s “Excommunicado” – membership revoked, banned from all services and cut off from other members. John uses the service industry to stay alive as he fights and kills his way out of New York City.

Last edited:
I was going to post the same thing.

As for this, I'm happy with anything that keeps Keanu Reeves relevant. :messenger_sunglasses:

He deserves a statue for Point Break

giphy.gif

Johnny Utah is my spirit animal

Last edited:

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
Can’t help but feel bored watching this series. John Wick is basically unstoppable so where is the tension

I'm not quite bored with Wick just yet but I do agree that they should nerf him a bit. The kill count in Wick 2 was ridiculous.

I also wish they would get away from the CG blood and start using more blood squibs.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
John Wick was the Face.
John Wick Part 2 were the tits.
John Wick Part 3 has to be the pussy.

The original is still the king but Part 2 was not a sludge either. The only other movie in terms of action balls of steel that came close was Atomic Blonde.

Also, Its Keanu Reeves. The guy plays guns like a fiddle as easy in real life as he does in the movie:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
If you’re Keanu what do you want to get out of this series? I don’t know if it can continue beyond 3, but I’m trying to get the most out of John Wick, a ruthless assassins with vengeance on his mind maybe there’s room for more.

J-Roderton

If you’re Keanu what do you want to get out of this series? I don’t know if it can continue beyond 3, but I’m trying to get the most out of John Wick, a ruthless assassins with vengeance on his mind maybe there’s room for more.

Three oughta be fine. Finish the trilogy.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Four movies needed, at least.
The third one should've been 'the impossible mission'.
Keep us waiting for the continuation of JW2 till the fourth.

God Enel

John Wick was the Face.
John Wick Part 2 were the tits.
John Wick Part 3 has to be the pussy.

The original is still the king but Part 2 was not a sludge either. The only other movie in terms of action balls of steel that came close was Atomic Blonde.

Love John Wick. But imho the raid 1&2 > John wick 1 & 2.

Can’t wait for the third one. Will watch for sure in the cinema 😁

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Where do they go from number 2. He was basically fighting everyone in the world in that one

Redneckerz

Whaaat???

You’re missing out big time dude. You should watch both of them. Personally I prefer the 2nd one. A lot of people say that the first one is better though. I’m curious to hear your opinion :)
If its on Netflix then ill add it on my watch list ;)

Love John Wick. But imho the raid 1&2 > John wick 1 & 2.

Can’t wait for the third one. Will watch for sure in the cinema 😁
The Raid>>>>>>>>>everything else. Not the best story in action movies but hoooo boy, strap in for some brutal action. Plus, the main character actually looks like he is fighting for his life and can die any moment.

Last edited:

God Enel

The Raid>>>>>>>>>everything else. Not the best story in action movies but hoooo boy, strap in for some brutal action. Plus, the main character actually looks like he is fighting for his life and can die any moment.

Yeah agree. There aren’t a lot of movies if any that come close to it in terms of proper action.
That’s why I told Redneckerz Redneckerz to watch it, if he’s loves John wick.

John wick is like a more relaxed fun version of the raid.

Which one of the raids do you prefer?

Yeah agree. There aren’t a lot of movies if any that come close to it in terms of proper action.

Hmmm I would have to say 2, mostly for the fact of the variety of locations and fight scenes. Damn that first scene with the prison was so damn brutal, chaotic, and just amazing. However I think the story was a little muddled and convoluted but I appreciate the effort on a more deeper story. I think part of the strength of the original was its simplicity. One team stuck in an apartment building in a desperate fight for survival. Both are excellent regardless.

Last edited:

God Enel

Hmmm I would have to say 2, mostly for the fact of the variety of locations and fight scenes. Damn that first scene with the prison was so damn brutal, chaotic, and just amazing. However I think the story was a little muddled and convoluted but I appreciate the effort on a more deeper story. I think part of the strength of the original was its simplicity. One team stuck in an apartment building in a desperate fight for survival. Both are excellent regardless.

100% with everything you say. Especially with your thoughts on the first part. That’s why a lot of people are favoring the first one over the second one (uhh.. can you say it like that? Sry for bad englando)

100% with everything you say. Especially with your thoughts on the first part. That’s why a lot of people are favoring the first one over the second one (uhh.. can you say it like that? Sry for bad englando)
Your english is just fine:messenger_ok: . I didn't even know they were making a third one until I ran into this thread. Now Im hyped!

Redneckerz

Ill check it tonight if its on Netflix here :)

Lanrutcon

The Raid 2 was fucking balls to the wall crazy pants. Not really something I'd compare to John Wick. Two very different beasts, at least in terms of impact and brutality.

Can't wait for Mr Wick to kill everyone.

Top Bottom