• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum - May 17th (New Trailer!!!)

237219.jpg

That your closet?

Javthusiast

Banned
In my veins!

Looks fantastic. And didn‘t they confirm he goes to japan? Whch means all we pretty much saw were new york shots, so there is a ton still left to see.

Is the doctor operating on him the keymaker from the matrix? Would be a fun addition, since we already have Keanu and Lawrence. Also, it would have been awesome if instead of Halle Berry they had cast Carrie Anne Moss for the ultimate fanservice. xD

P.S. I saw it in a yt comment so not sure if true, but apparently Iko Uwais and and the guy who played mad dog from the raid series are also in the movie.

Clear

Love me some Keanu, but they really need to try and actually have a script this time.

No story, no motivation, no dramatic tension, just a string of admittedly well put-together action scenes. Its just not enough, especially when the action itself gets somewhat samey and repetitive after awhile.

The Night Comes For Us is a great example of how you do it. The plot is minimal, but its just enough to put all the key players onto clear motivational paths and as those paths converge you get enough drama to keep things engaging.
The action itself needs to continuously ramp up as the movie works towards its conclusion, whilst not devolving into variations on the same setup.

Truth-be-told there seems very few people around these days who are able to choreograph and edit action/fights as well as in the heyday of HK cinema where big action set-pieces actually told stories through pure physicality.

Go watch the highlights of John Woo's best stuff, or any of the classic Jackie/Sammo/Yuen kung-fu sequences. There's real storytelling in them, not just strings of flashy moves and stunts.

Its funny, its the same disease that's come to afflict pro-wrestling; thinking that sheer effort and athleticism is a substitute for knowing how to work the audience. The Raid movies are kind of the perfect example of this fallacy in the action genre, all the stuff in there is truly great and you have to admire the sheer skill with the way its edited and performed, BUT, it gets kinda samey after awhile. Mainly as a result of the pacing being set a constant fever pitch.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy

• Bondgirl
  • KEANU ON A FUCKING HORSE HOLY SHIT
  • Ace cast
I have yet to see a true fatality! moment but god-damn, that mood, atmosphere, i am crawled right back in.

okay, this is epic.

Also add Headshot and The Night Comes for Us to your watchlist :messenger_ok:
Saw Headshot yesterday. Pretty good, admittely, but not on John's level. :)

Last edited:

Stitch

Yeah it's not as good as John Wick but pretty decent. But Raid and The Night Comes for Us are really crazy. It's just shooting, stabbing, punching, kicking and maybe 10 Minutes story :messenger_grinning::messenger_bicep:

Redneckerz

Yeah it's not as good as John Wick but pretty decent. But Raid and The Night Comes for Us are really crazy. It's just shooting, stabbing, punching, kicking and maybe 10 Minutes story :messenger_grinning::messenger_bicep:
You motherfucker lol. So you say i should watch The Night aswell? XD I only watched Headshot since it was the earlier movie between the two.

Also, sadly there is no Raid on Netflix yet, so i am currently out of luck. But Night Comes is atleast on Netflix :)

It will have to wait though, as Punisher Season 2 came out today :)

Stitch

You definitely should watch The Night after Punisher. Also I hope Season 2 is better than 1. I mean I love the Punisher. The Comics, the movies, the games, his parts in Daredevil. but Season 1 sometimes put me to sleep :/

I do hope that the new movie will add some extra dimensions. After part 2, I am ready for an
I'm so bored by the gun kata in this series
I much prefer Equalizer's realistic hand-to-hand combat

It's something I love about this series. John Wick is the first series I have seen where the grappling (takedowns, submissions and chokes) actually makes sense. I love that Keanu actually has dedicated himself to it.

Just love Keanu. I am so happy that this series has been such a success. He has been in a lot of projects that didn't go anywhere since the Matrix. He is actually carving out a whole new chapter of his legacy with this series.

Redneckerz

''I know what it's like to lose.''

''.......You should have gone for the head.''

I wonder how Tesseract Tesseract is since the guy that crushed him in his tag got crushed by John Wick. Aren't you happy? You are saved from your nemesis! Your tag should read additionally ''Saved by John Wick'' :)
Saw The Night Comes For Us last night. Definitely upped the ante! This had some great scenery and some John Wickesque moments. Good stuff! It helps that half of the Headshot cast is also in TNCFU ;)

SKM1

• Bondgirl
  • KEANU ON A FUCKING HORSE HOLY SHIT
  • Ace cast
I have yet to see a true fatality! moment but god-damn, that mood, atmosphere, i am crawled right back in.

okay, this is epic.

Saw Headshot yesterday. Pretty good, admittely, but not on John's level. :)

You forgot
  • Dog

trikster40

Holy crap, this looks soooo good.

That first one really came out of nowhere. Really, he’s mad they killed his dog? Ok, whatev...hm, that was pretty cool. Dammmmmn! Oh my god!!!

Yeah, sooooo ready for this.

Ahh, a Matrix throwback. And I can't be the only one who fought the urge to yell "Allez Cuisine!" during the trailer lol

I'm pretty interested in what roles Winston and Charon will play. Hell, if Lance Reddick decides to pull out a SPAS-12 and start blasting people while still talking in his normal voice, it would be both hilariously awful and amazingly badass.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Just saw this yesterday, and they took it to a whole new level. They basically turned it into Raid Redemption with a storyline and budget.
A couple of parts that were a bit too over the top, but I think it was intentional.
Definitely the best action in the series, but the dogs stole the show.

Top Bottom