• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Knights of the Old Republic - mods?

gdt

Oooooh I've been planning to replay these games soon. We'll I've never played KOTOR II. So I'll be getting a lot of use out of this.

JGCD

Neo Member
I wonder how well the steam controller would play this game? Its built for games like this?
(Older console ports with no controller support)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I wonder how well the steam controller would play this game? Its built for games like this?

Probably the same as a keyboard and mouse once you've set it up.

Question is if /r/Steam_Controller (and the Steam community) has done that instead of dicking around with controller-enabled titles that are freely able to be played by the 360/720 controllers. *sigh*

Cronen

Is there a mod that makes the game screen bigger than a slice of bread? Been wanting to play this game for a long time!

Grief.exe

Is there a mod that makes the game screen bigger than a slice of bread? Been wanting to play this game for a long time!

In order to unlock widescreen resolutions you need to install a hacked exe. There are guides available on Steam Community and on a general google search.

I haven't done it in years, so I won't comment beyond that.

Hugstable

Banned
Bought the steam version not too long ago, and no matter what I do, the game says I'm running 60fps, but I get like really bad stuttering all over the place. Been wanting to play this again since I haven't played it since it came out on xbox, but it just seems to have alot of issues for me.

Joey Ravn

Banned
It's a pity there hasn't been an official release of a restoration mod for KotOR as there has been for KotORII. It's high time Bioware incorporated those mods into the official release.

kubus

Just started playing this so I'm subbing to this thread.
Downloading that Restoration mod now, hopefully it plays nice with Flawless Widescreen (which I also haven't installed yet)

Any nice graphics mods?

Just started playing this so I'm subbing to this thread.
Downloading that Restoration mod now, hopefully it plays nice with Flawless Widescreen (which I also haven't installed yet)

Any nice graphics mods?

I recently downloaded Flawless Widescreen again to play the game and it seems completely fucked. It used to let me play the game at widescreen 1080p but now it only shows higher resolutions half the time or it crashes when you try to change the resolution. I don't know if there was some kind of update that broke everything or if it has to do with my Windows 10 OS but yeah.

http://www.jumpstationz.com/RedHawke/mods.html

Just used these on a recent play through. They work great, and are better than the stuff on Nexus Mods.

Edit: A quick note about Flawless Widescreen. It can be very unstable and sometimes you have to boot the game 2 or 3 times over to get it to take, even after you have gotten it to work before. I just bit the bullet halfway through my play through and just played without the widescreen fix. Its not really a game that you need widescreen for, so it wasn't a big deal.

kubus

Actually, I've decided not to install the restoration mod and installed a different pack instead (linked at the bottom of this post). I'm seeing numerous reports that Flawless Widescreen isn't actually that flawless so I'll see if I can get widescreen running with a different method instead, or just drop it.

Those mods look super nice btw. Will definitely install those next. Thanks :D
I recently downloaded Flawless Widescreen again to play the game and it seems completely fucked. It used to let me play the game at widescreen 1080p but now it only shows higher resolutions half the time or it crashes when you try to change the resolution. I don't know if there was some kind of update that broke everything or if it has to do with my Windows 10 OS but yeah.
http://www.jumpstationz.com/RedHawke/mods.html

Just used these on a recent play through. They work great, and are better than the stuff on Nexus Mods.

Edit: A quick note about Flawless Widescreen. It can be very unstable and sometimes you have to boot the game 2 or 3 times over to get it to take, even after you have gotten it to work before. I just bit the bullet halfway through my play through and just played without the widescreen fix. Its not really a game that you need widescreen for, so it wasn't a big deal.
Not the first time I'm hearing this so I decided to drop Flawless Widescreen... I'm gonna look into that hacked .exe method instead. Thanks for the heads up (and link)

I haven't played it with mods yet, but I have this link saved for ages for the time I will play it again:
https://www.reddit.com/r/kotor/comm...2_mod_builds_guaranteed_compatibility/cg3ldxr
I actually just followed that guide, but an updated version of it. Update your bookmarks :D
I just finished installing all of the links for the "Spoiler-Free Pack" and so far no crashes, so it looks good. Links were all working too.

Cyros

Actually, I've decided not to install the restoration mod and installed a different pack instead (linked at the bottom of this post). I'm seeing numerous reports that Flawless Widescreen isn't actually that flawless so I'll see if I can get widescreen running with a different method instead, or just drop it.

Try the Universal Widescreen patcher I linked to early in the thread.

kubus

Try the Universal Widescreen patcher I linked to early in the thread.
Awesome, worked like a charm. Cheers!

Fake edit: This is my setup now (Steam version of the game)

- All mods from the KOTOR1 spoiler-free pack from this link
- HQ skyboxes and stars/nebulas (first two links from this post)
- Widescreen mod using this guide

Looking good so far:

TQTbGQG.jpg

Pafnucy

Brotherhood of Shadow is a pretty neat mod. Adds a lot of new content and explores the Mandalorian Wars history. I wouldn't recommend it on first playthrough, but it's great addition on second one.

I sympathize with the hundreds of hours that mustve went into restoring the robot planet for KOTOR II. But do not download it as part of the Restoration mod.

It gave me horrifying flashbacks to running around Taris endlessly. "It Aint Me" started playing.

Big Nikus

Wasn't there a rumour about a remake earlier this year ? I wonder if I should wait.
edit: Here's the source. Don't know if this site is reliable but I saw the rumour on many websites last summer.
If it was BS, I'll get KOTOR on Steam right away.
My GF would like to play it but she doesn't like playing with mouse/keyboard. Is there a mod for controller support ?

Spazznid

Wasn't there a rumour about a remake earlier this year ? I wonder if I should wait.
edit: Here's the source. Don't know if this site is reliable but I saw the rumour on many websites last summer.
If it was BS, I'll get KOTOR on Steam right away.
My GF would like to play it but she doesn't like playing with mouse/keyboard. Is there a mod for controller support ?

Steam Controller works wonders...

Whoops, forgot this was an old abandoned thread, ignore me while I find my way out...

Top Bottom